Accufab TB impressions......

Dave_6

Established Member
I had the 90mm FRPP TB on my car with my BOSS intake and the throttle response was out of this world quick!!!!!!! It was "violent". Super snappy right off the go pedal. My tunes from another vendor were full of surging and hanging throttle while driving BUT as said, the throttle response was siiiiiiiiiick!!!!

If I could find a TB that gave me the crazy snap in throttle response without ill driving manners , I'd spend the $550 easily JUST for the violent throttle response.

So you took the TB off? Did you try it with Shaun's tune?

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
So you took the TB off? Did you try it with Shaun's tune?

I got tired of jacking with ill running tunes so I sold it and put my OEM TB back on then sought out Shaun@AED for a good running tune. But I will say that the response of OEM is nowhere near as quick as the FRPP TB. So I know what Mike is talking about and to me, if he has the snap of what I felt but his car runs well, that is worth the money to me. The response was that big of a difference to me.

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Well guys I don't know where to start. I took my car in on Tuesday cause the shop is doing a e85 tune. I put the new TB on and told them to run a baseline before the e85 stuff. They couldn't get to my car till friday morning cause of tuning issues with another car. They drove my car out of the shop fine and it drove onto the dyno fine. They turned it off to strap it down and when they try to start it up again it turned over twice and clunk. They tried it again and it sounded like the starter spun freely. They put the car on the lift took the starter off and it looked fine, the flywheel looked good. They took out the plugs they looked good. They try to turn the crank by hand and they couldn't. The engine is locked up. They are supposed to tear it apart on Tuesday to see what the hell is going on. My car is a 2012 with only 4500 miles on it. So hopefully its a timing chain or something simple.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Well guys I don't know where to start. I took my car in on Tuesday cause the shop is doing a e85 tune. I put the new TB on and told them to run a baseline before the e85 stuff. They couldn't get to my car till friday morning cause of tuning issues with another car. They drove my car out of the shop fine and it drove onto the dyno fine. They turned it off to strap it down and when they try to start it up again it turned over twice and clunk. They tried it again and it sounded like the starter spun freely. They put the car on the lift took the starter off and it looked fine, the flywheel looked good. They took out the plugs they looked good. They try to turn the crank by hand and they couldn't. The engine is locked up. They are supposed to tear it apart on Tuesday to see what the hell is going on. My car is a 2012 with only 4500 miles on it. So hopefully its a timing chain or something simple.

Damn! That's effed up. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

burke985

Established Member
Well mike i got mine in today and i can confirm every thing you said about this. Really sharpens the throttle response and butt dyno confirms the mid-range pick up glad i picked this up. Heres a couple pics:

20130103202155.jpg

20130103154322.jpg

20130103154336.jpg

bmitchell373

Established Member
Nice looking piece, got to find me one of those!! On the throttle response, does it seem that it opens faster or just flows better?

burke985

Established Member
Nice looking piece, got to find me one of those!! On the throttle response, does it seem that it opens faster or just flows better?

Both IMO, soon as you hit the pedal it seems to kick in making the car even more fun to drive and seems like it got a little better the more i drove it today

burke985

Established Member
I got it off Stage 3 motorsports with the holiday discount for 512.00. That wss the cheapest I saw when I was looking. Unsure about the stock airbox I havent seen that thing in so long I forgot what it looks like lol, but I would think so

bmitchell373

Established Member
Both IMO, soon as you hit the pedal it seems to kick in making the car even more fun to drive and seems like it got a little better the more i drove it today

Cool, I will be tuning on my car next week with the new software, will see how he throttle profiles read, and if i can gain any response. But i will pick one up soon.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Good to hear you like it, Burke! I am sure I am going to have to give it back to Brandon soon...I guess I will have to buck up and buy my own, LOL.

Mike

burke985

Established Member
Good to hear you like it, Burke! I am sure I am going to have to give it back to Brandon soon...I guess I will have to buck up and buy my own, LOL.

Mike

Lol...yeah the wife was pissed about this one since I just got the suspension done but oh well some ass chewings are worth it.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
You going to put it on a dyno to confirm/deny the peoples' impressions?

burke985

Established Member
You going to put it on a dyno to confirm/deny the peoples' impressions?

Yeah probably in a month or two, I have two mods left I wanna do before then and then ill be saving for whatever SC kit ill be going with. Wanna get a Boss mani and one piece DS and then ill put it back on the dyno and see if they will do a stock and Accufab run for me.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Yeah probably in a month or two, I have two mods left I wanna do before then and then ill be saving for whatever SC kit ill be going with. Wanna get a Boss mani and one piece DS and then ill put it back on the dyno and see if they will do a stock and Accufab run for me.

Should toss it on the dyno before the Boss manifold to see if it helps/helped out at with the stock manifold. Just my opinion.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread