Accufab TB impressions......

BLK2012GT

Established Member
I'd really be more interested in improved response as i've read a few articles where gains between 0-2RWHP were gained. If the throttle response cannot be improved VIA tune then i'd more than gladly upgrade. The response isnt terrible in stock form but i'm used having exact control that a wire can offer.

I'll be interested to see what the TB does.

The throttle response is a lot better then the stock one. Now I'm not worried about peak numbers one bit. I'm more interested in the low to mid range gains cause that's where I lost the most with the boss intake and the comp cams.

G-Mann

Established Member
The throttle response is a lot better then the stock one. Now I'm not worried about peak numbers one bit. I'm more interested in the low to mid range gains cause that's where I lost the most with the boss intake and the comp cams.

Exactly, folks (myself included) get hung up on peak numbers. The first thing I asked after my pull were for the new peak numbers and was disappointed when the numbers came back until my dyno operator said hold your horses and check out your new power curve. I was quite thrilled with the low-mid range gains along with the improved throttle response.

Just noticed your up in Frisco. Are you using True Street or HPP??? I'm over in Fort Worth and have Travis over at Gear Heads in Arlington do all of my pulls.

Last edited:

nissenc1337

Established Member
Exactly, folks (myself included) get hung up on peak numbers. The first thing I asked after my pull were for the new peak numbers and was disappointed when the numbers came back until my dyno operator said hold your horses and check out your new power curve. I was quite thrilled with the low-mid range gains along with the improved throttle response.

Just noticed your up in Frisco. Are you using True Street or HPP??? I'm over in Fort Worth and have Travis over at Gear Heads in Arlington do all of my pulls.

My dad's wanting to send his SRT8 to True Street in McKinney (i went to HS in Frisco) but I can't find any feedback on the guys. Are they worth their salt?

IF the power curve changes and the throttle response improves i'd be all over a new TB. Do you have a print out of your power curve?

BlackFive.0

Established Member
the accufab unit is the only one ive heard with positive response. i may dish out the 550 to try it out. especially to pick up midrange lost from boss intake

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Sorry guys no news yet. It's still sitting. The shop is having tuning issues with another vehicle and taking longer then they thought it would. They said they should get a pull late today or in the morning. But as soon as I get it I will post it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sorry guys no news yet. It's still sitting. The shop is having tuning issues with another vehicle and taking longer then they thought it would. They said they should get a pull late today or in the morning. But as soon as I get it I will post it.

thanks for the update

BLK2012GT

Established Member
are you going to do a back to back with stock tb ?

I already dyno my car with the stock tb. It made 466 rwhp but lost low and mid range with the comp cams. I haven't done anything else to the car besides the new accufab TB. So once they dyno the car I'll have them lay the new dyno layout over the one with the stock TB and see if there is a difference.

try03venom

Established Member
the accufab unit is the only one ive heard with positive response. i may dish out the 550 to try it out. especially to pick up midrange lost from boss intake

I have had both the accufab 84.5 and the bbk 85mm. The accufab weighs 2x as much has the bbk and requires a 4" coupler. Both idle and drive like stock. I got a new bbk for $337 shipped! sold the accufab

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Hmmm...this to me could be believable. I know we gained about 12ft lb of tq and 10hp with vmax ported TB on our 2011 camaro. The throttle response was also much improved and was what made ported TB worth the money, although it wasn't no $550 lol. The camaro use the same drive by wire system as our stang btw.

Sent from Galaxy S3 using TapaHoe

G-Mann

Established Member
My dad's wanting to send his SRT8 to True Street in McKinney (i went to HS in Frisco) but I can't find any feedback on the guys. Are they worth their salt?

IF the power curve changes and the throttle response improves i'd be all over a new TB. Do you have a print out of your power curve?

Never used them but all the local mustang sites have positive things to say about them. If I lived on that side of town I would not hesitate to use them based on the feedback I've seen. Your Pops needs to take a drive up there and have a conversation with them and check them out.

I posted a B4 and after dyno sheet overlay of the results I got in an earlier post in this thread.

I now have the boss intake on order and perhaps with a good tune I will lose nothing down low and reap all the rewards up high. We shall see

Last edited:

faztcobra

Established Member
I've only been to their dyno day earlier in the summer. Seemed to be well ran. I was less than impressed today though. I called up there to find out the labor charge to install injectors since I'm switching over to E85. The guy promptly answered the phone, I asked my question and he says "hang on a sec, I'll find out for you". I had time to drive from Carrollton to my g/f's house over in plano...I was on the phone on speaker the whole time. He never came back to the line in 12 minutes. Once I got off the highway, I hung up. I called up HPP Racing and had a quote and an appointment within a few minutes.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I had the 90mm FRPP TB on my car with my BOSS intake and the throttle response was out of this world quick!!!!!!! It was "violent". Super snappy right off the go pedal. My tunes from another vendor were full of surging and hanging throttle while driving BUT as said, the throttle response was siiiiiiiiiick!!!!

If I could find a TB that gave me the crazy snap in throttle response without ill driving manners , I'd spend the $550 easily JUST for the violent throttle response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread