A match made in heaven. My new Ecoboost F150

B0B

Established Member
I drove a new 2014 Ecoboost F150 home today. I've been looking at diesels for a while now, and couldn't quite justify it. Then I started looking at the Ecoboost and it made sense. Lots of torque, decent mileage, etc. Then I found this... More pictures after work tomorrow!

New-2014-Ford-F-150-4WD_ID65609577_o.jpg

Goes nicely with the mach! :-D:-D:-D:-D

8CB06603-CBFA-4B7F-9ECD-A865950CB493_zps2gdnutk6.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have basically the same truck, but just black and 2ft or so shorter lol. Love it so far too. I'm sure it would be great with the 5.0 as well but the Ecoboost offers some unique fun of its own, especially hearing the twins spool up.

Gravik

Established Member
I have basically the same truck, but just black and 2ft or so shorter lol. Love it so far too. I'm sure it would be great with the 5.0 as well but the Ecoboost offers some unique fun of its own, especially hearing the twins spool up.

Lol you can barely hear them, even with the windows down

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Lol you can barely hear them, even with the windows down

They do need a more prominant sound but that's all I can hear at all from the engine. If I get exhaust I probably won't be able to hear them at all anymore. It's noticeable though.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Very nice...... good luck with it..... I am looking around for one as well.....I took out a few for a test drive and I was impressed on how nicely the truck moved out...Looking to step into a 2011 or 2012 as budget allows....

I am looking more for a crew cab which has a smaller bed unfortunately. I like the bed size of your truck better but I need the crew option as I have two kids to haul around.....

Are you going to do any small mods to it.? The Solo, Borla, and MBRP exhaust actually sounds pretty good on these trucks. Well as best as it can for a 6 cylinder..... Blow off valves are also a must....LoL...

Good luck with it... It does match your car nicely...... I almost bought a silver Eco to match my silver Cobra.....

Last edited:

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
Will/Did they ever offer the ecoboost with a manual trans?

TheBrinston

Established Member
Was considering the same truck, until I found out that toyota had a blower avaliable for the 5.7 tundra...happy camper here! Bullydog programmer bumped it to 580 plus hp and a mbrp true dual exhaust sounds wikid!

Couldn't get used to the vacumn cleaner sound of the ecoboost...the 6.2 is nice but there was none at my dealer to try

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice truck. I saw a Sunset Metallic Ecoboost on my home yesterday, darn sharp. Makes my 04 look like poo poo. Just wish my checking account would warrant it.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
My turbos have gotten louder on mine as mileage increased. I love my Ecoboost to death. If you stay off the pedal you can get some really good mileage.

Mach828

Established Member
Love the new ecoboost. Thats probably the exact same truck I'd pick up, color and all. Good choice OP.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Absolutely love the color and wheel combo that blue and black is pure sex, when it's time to get rid of my 03' I'll be going with that combo or the DSG looking color and black wheels. Throw a level kit on the front and call it a day!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
My turbos have gotten louder on mine as mileage increased. I love my Ecoboost to death. If you stay off the pedal you can get some really good mileage.

REALLY? "If you stay off the pedal you can get some really good mileage."

No really? what vehicle isnt like that??????

LS2GTO

Established Member
You bought a '14 F150 a few days after they just announced the next year's model is going to weigh over 700lbs less? I sure hope they gave you a crazy discount cuz I don't see how the '14s are attractive right now knowing what's coming down the pipeline.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i dunno about all models but I saw some things about XLT trims being over 10k off before you walk in the door

...and maybe the OP doesnt like the new style truck or like me, would not buy the 1st model year of a new model

Users who are viewing this thread