A blast from the past! Anyone remember @Sambandit (pretty sure that was his SVTP user name)?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Ah ok! Thanks for the info.

I knew a guy from the Denver area that had a redfire back then as well was just wondering if it was him, haven't seen him in years as well.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I still chat with Scott off and on. He just sold his RS3 not long ago. I used to hang out at Mile High dyno all the time with Him and Joe. Scott did say he was interested in his old cobra if anyone knows where it's at.

@Stage 4.6 Brandon still has his redfire. Still just a shell and has been selling off most of it and I believe will be selling off the shell. He just posted the 9in rear and powerglide about 2 weeks ago. But I dont think Brandon was around in the mile high dyno days. He started out around RWR days.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I still chat with Scott off and on. He just sold his RS3 not long ago. I used to hang out at Mile High dyno all the time with Him and Joe. Scott did say he was interested in his old cobra if anyone knows where it's at.

@Stage 4.6 Brandon still has his redfire. Still just a shell and has been selling off most of it and I believe will be selling off the shell. He just posted the 9in rear and powerglide about 2 weeks ago. But I dont think Brandon was around in the mile high dyno days. He started out around RWR days.
Hey bud, appreciate the info. Good to hear they both are still around. I'm surprised i didn't run into Brandon at any of the Bandimere events this year?

He has been parting that car for a while. I actually bought the FTBR kit he had for his car. He had some big plans for that Redfire Cobra. I know he was also into photography is he still doing that?

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Not as much as he used to if at all anymore. All i see him doing is hiking, biking, and shooting from time to time. I purchased the proefi system he had. I was gonna pick up a teksid he had for sale but was too late.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Ok cool,
Where you guys going racing this summer now that bandi is closed, I'm going to miss that place, hopefully see some of you guys come down to Pueblo.

Well if you see Brandon tell Will says Hi!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
View attachment 1816777

I found this photo on my computer. I think it's from maybe 2005. Anyone remember @sambandit? Over the years I forgot his name, but I think he lived in Colorado. His blue flamed Terminator was well known here back in the day. The flames on the front were nicely done and very unique. He was very active here back then. In time, like so many others, he moved on in life. I hope he is doing well, wherever he is.
That's awesome I definitely remember him, sweet photo thanks for sharing.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Ok cool,
Where you guys going racing this summer now that bandi is closed, I'm going to miss that place, hopefully see some of you guys come down to Pueblo.

Well if you see Brandon tell Will says Hi!
Looks like I will be having to make the drive to pueblo if I want to race. I hope to be down there in the early spring to dial in some off season changes.

I will let him know.

HVACdude

Established Member
(y)

It was cool getting updates and responses from everyone because I had no idea what Scott was doing after he "retired" from SVTP.
thanks for sharing the photo! i remember that car well especially the flames. as someone who lurked here back when i was 15 in high school around 2005ish, Its pretty cool to see some of the OG's are still on svtp and chopping it up with some great tales of the early days of the terminator!. I cant help but wonder what happened to some of the early big time users who havent logged on in over a decade or more who owned the cars that shaped my love of the 03/04 cobra. would love to see a post just dedicated to any more old photos you have back in the day of these cars. they used to be so common to see at local shows and track meets but now they seldomly show up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For me, 2003-2006 were the best years. Lots of local cruises, track events, shows, local get-togethers, and more. Just a lot of fun. And I made lots of friends in those short 4 years. Tons of great memories.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Thanks for sharing that pic, man do I remember how much I wanted that car back then. I remember drooling over the wheels too!

05-08 were the epic years for me. So many memories made and so many great people met! Glad I was able to be a part of it. Not sure any of you remember me? Sold my 04 cobra in 2014 and “retired” as some say haha. Now I have a family hot rod, a C8 RS6 but contemplating adding another 04 back to the stable so my kids (who aren’t far from driving) can experience that car like I did, wow has time flown by!

stangfreak

Established Member
For me, 2003-2006 were the best years. Lots of local cruises, track events, shows, local get-togethers, and more. Just a lot of fun. And I made lots of friends in those short 4 years. Tons of great memories.
Hey bob. Just saw this thread. I dont post here anymore. But I have to agree with you. The best times for me were 2003 - 2006. I remember scott. I used to message him all the time on modularfords. But those years, the car meets and dyno days we had were like family. It felt like family.

Unfortunately, those days are gone. A lot of the guys I know sold their mustangs and moved out of state. One person I know, richie, he bought jimmy vaccaros mach 1. Not sure if you remember jimmys mach 1. richie bought it and still owns it!!

The dyno days, the saturday morning hang outs at the shop, shooting videos, being present at the snakebite video, driving snakebite, meeting and talking to all the 03 cobra pioneers, its just so nostalgic. I was blessed to have lived through that era and being able to BUY A COBRA IN 03. We both were. Its a great feeling to have been around at the prime years of the cobra.

Not sure if you know...........jimmy vaccaro passed away last year.

Jimmy was the god father of mustangs. I remember jimmy used to buy us lunch on dyno days. He used to treat `15 -20 people at the pizzeria. we were all his nephews. I remember when we had a svt meet and that same day, there was a camaro meet. It was at hooters. The tension was so thick you could have cut it with a knfe lol. The shit talking, the division wow. This was back in 2004 !!! so the cobra was brand new.

15 minutes into the meet, we saw a huge circle in the parking lot. It was the chevy guys. One big circle. They were all laughing. who was in the middle of that circle? JIMMY VACCARO lol. He broke the ice, cracked jokes, and we all became friends. we went inside, and the chevy and ford guys all sat down and ate together.

If you remember when the 2.4 kenne bell came out, the first batches were bad. we werent making ppower with them. I was one of them lol. Jimmy vaccaro goes nephew dont worry............we will call jim bell LMAO! I got his number dont worry. Jimmy was a like a mobster. old school italian from the boroughs. I spoke to jim bell lol and it got solved. You cant make this up!!

RIP jimmy v..

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you popped in, Alex. Oh wow, so sad to hear that Jimmy has passed. I remember him well. Back then there was a New York Cobra forum run by Dominick. I forgot his last name. Jimmy was heavily involved with that forum. I only met him once, at Atco for a track event. Uncle Jimmy was a good man. That's what he was called, which makes sense reading your post. LOL. Good time back then. Best of times!

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Hey Alex and Bob!! I have another blast from the past for you. It's John VENOMOUS03COBRA.

I couldn't sign in with my original name cause it was linked up to an old AOL account lol.

Alex, I can't believe you still have your car!! That's awesome!! I sold my car back in 2009 and just found it and bought it back, so she's home!! So many awesome memories!!

I hope all is well with you guys??

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hey Alex and Bob!! I have another blast from the past for you. It's John VENOMOUS03COBRA.

I couldn't sign in with my original name cause it was linked up to an old AOL account lol.

Alex, I can't believe you still have your car!! That's awesome!! I sold my car back in 2009 and just found it and bought it back, so she's home!! So many awesome memories!!

I hope all is well with you guys??
Looks like you were banned back in 2008 or so. Making a new account is a bannable infraction. What did you do back then?

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
Looks like you were banned back in 2008 or so. Making a new account is a bannable infraction. What did you do back then?
Wow!! I signed back up after 14 years, just to say hi to some old friends and that's the "welcome" I get?? Eaton vs twin screw debates is what it was over, which was pretty pathetic, but I guess I hurt some people's ego's at the time. With that being said, I can't believe you felt the need to threaten me with a ban after 14 years, I guess nothing's changed.

Bob, sorry about the mini hijack, this shouldn't have been on this thread. Again, I hope all is well, take care.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was nice to connect with you, John. Man, the memories of those days!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Wow!! I signed back up after 14 years, just to say hi to some old friends and that's the "welcome" I get?? Eaton vs twin screw debates is what it was over, which was pretty pathetic, but I guess I hurt some people's ego's at the time. With that being said, I can't believe you felt the need to threaten me with a ban after 14 years, I guess nothing's changed.

Bob, sorry about the mini hijack, this shouldn't have been on this thread. Again, I hope all is well, take care.
All good, I was just curious.

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
It was nice to connect with you, John. Man, the memories of those days!
I hear ya brother. Like you and Alex were saying, those were definitely the best times. It's such a shame about Jimmy V, he was one of the nicest, knowledgeable and helpful people I've ever met. Getting back to your op, I remember Scott very well, he was an awesome dude. Definitely one of the OG's.

Users who are viewing this thread