A blast from the past! Anyone remember @Sambandit (pretty sure that was his SVTP user name)?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1699748681222.jpeg

I found this photo on my computer. I think it's from maybe 2005. Anyone remember @sambandit? Over the years I forgot his name, but I think he lived in Colorado. His blue flamed Terminator was well known here back in the day. The flames on the front were nicely done and very unique. He was very active here back then. In time, like so many others, he moved on in life. I hope he is doing well, wherever he is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just found a few old threads. His name is Scott Malott, and he did/does live in Colorado. He raced often at Bandimere Speedway. It was interesting browsing through those old threads. Found posts from quite a few guys from back in the 2003-2006 days who have since "retired". Great memories!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I vaguely remember him. In Atlanta visiting my daughter and only a have phone. Curious, I’ll look tomorrow when I’m home.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
I remember. His car was featured before on Mustang and Fast Fords or something I thought. Or another cobra with a flame job too.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Scott was one the early "pioneers" back in 2004. He did tuning back then. Here's a thread for reference. Most of the guys in this thread are first-generation members who have since moved on. I miss those days!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Yeah i remember Scott, really nice guy, came to my house from Denver about an hour drive and fixed a tune issue on my Old Roush after another shop messed up and couldn't even get it to start. I wanted his car so bad he kept telling me its forsale i just couldn't afford at the time. What's he been upto? I haven't heard from him in years?

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I like these threads. I was on stanget front 2001 to 2005 then started using this site in 2006. It's fun to see how far the platform has come with plug and play ecu's, E85 fuels, ect. You can make some huge power with great drivability, and reliability compared to 20 years ago lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah i remember Scott, really nice guy, came to my house from Denver about an hour drive and fixed a tune issue on my Old Roush after another shop messed up and couldn't even get it to start. I wanted his car so bad he kept telling me its forsale i just couldn't afford at the time. What's he been upto? I haven't heard from him in years?
His last post here was on October 10, 2016.

I remember his shop.
Mile Hi (or High) Dyno, I believe. I know there's a Mile High Performance & & Dyno in Colorado today, but not sure if it's the same shop with a new owner.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
His shop was called Mile High Dyno, but that closed a while ago! I do believe there is a shop called Mile High.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
His shop was called Mile High Dyno, but that closed a while ago! I do believe there is a shop called Mile High.
Thanks for that info. Clears things up. So Scott's shop was called Mile High Dyno, and the new one I mentioned in Colorado is called Mile High Performance (in Englewood, CO), owned by Jay Kidwell. He also owns The Carburetor Shop (at the same address).

Blast from the past that’s for sure. I had that car up in my bedroom wall out of 5.0 magazine back in high school. Seems like yesterday. But it was 20+yrs ago **** im Getting old
We're all getting old(er). LOL.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for that info. Clears things up. So Scott's shop was called Mile High Dyno, and the new one I mentioned in Colorado is called Mile High Performance (in Englewood, CO), owned by Jay Kidwell. He also owns The Carburetor Shop (at the same address).

We're all getting old(er). LOL.
lol true but when I sit back and reflect on when I started lurking here which was like 2003-04 I think. Then joined in 06-07 when I was in the cg is just nuts. I was like I remember all that was high school for me. Here I am 35yo with a high schooler 18yrs in the cg. It’s just nuts. My parents said time does fly but this is nuts

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
The appifinay I have reached the other day is I was thinking about back when I bought my 03 Cobra used (was a former Ford exec demo) around 2006 i was in my late 20's. I sold my 2001 GT and bought the cobra because I wanted to street race and be competitive.. Fast forward to now, and the car is too fast for the street and no one street races anyomere lol.

Redfire03

Established Member
Scott and Joe ran Mile Hi Dyno. Did the original mods to my 2003 Redfire (pulley, tune, etc.) basically 20 years ago... Was a fun time back then! I remember riding in that car when it was making 700 or so and thinking it was the fastest thing on the planet (that was off nitrous too) - how times change.

It was a beautiful car, one of the few aftermarket paint jobs I liked on a terminator. He moved on to a nice C5 Z06 and then into a 5.0 Roush. I see him around now and then still.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
He did the tuning on my first 03 back in 04/05, we made some good power with the nitrous Eaton. Great guy.

I uploaded this 10 years ago, but it's from nearly 20 years ago. It made 663rwhp before the port on a 180ish shot, ended up with an open jet over 200 and a ported eaton but never dynoed it, just ran on the street.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Scott and Joe ran Mile Hi Dyno. Did the original mods to my 2003 Redfire (pulley, tune, etc.) basically 20 years ago... Was a fun time back then! I remember riding in that car when it was making 700 or so and thinking it was the fastest thing on the planet (that was off nitrous too) - how times change.

It was a beautiful car, one of the few aftermarket paint jobs I liked on a terminator. He moved on to a nice C5 Z06 and then into a 5.0 Roush. I see him around now and then still.
Next time you see Scott and think of it, please tell him I said 'hi'.

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Redfire03 is this Brandon?

Users who are viewing this thread