97 CobraVS.99 GT convertible

joegt38

Established Member
98cobrancali said:
you expect people to not be mad after all this and then saying crap like these guys are all on their high horses, yeah its funny but everyone arguing is on the same level here, no ones on high horses, oh and heres a smilie for guys ;-) ....
ryanr24.gif
They are, they act like they can't be beat...

Why my GTs faster :D

pottsy

Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
From what I have seen, most 96-98 cobra trap around 101-103 stock. I have heard of them getting up to 104-105 mph but it is rare. The same goes for GT's where they average 98-100. Hitting 101 or even a amazing 102 (if it has hapened) is rare, but it has been done. I all depends on driver, track conditions, weather, etc. If you take the same elements and put them together the cobra will win but with unequal elements either car could run a faster time.

In a 1/8th mile race I feel that a GT and a Cobra are a dead even match. Someone stated that a GT will get the jump and that a cobra may not have enough room to pass the GT in the 1/4. It's possible, but after the 1/8th mile the 4v will really start to shine while the GT has to fight to hold a lead by the 1/4. Chances are the Cobra will pass the GT just shy of the 1/4 making it a close race. GT's are NOT faster than cobra's but have the abiltiy to hang with them.

For all the cobra owners (GT's included) who think there car is great, stop! There are multiple cars out ther now that will give you guys a beating and some of them are 4 cylinders (wrx, sti, evo, srt-4). Who really keeps their car stock? Race what you bring. Dont make excuses about mods.

No one ever said that the 2v motor was better than the 4v. They are different motors and make their power at different rpms. It depends on where you like your power. Personally I like the feel of the 2v better.

I think its great when a modded GT beats a cobra, it shows that the mods on the GT paid off and when a cobra beats a GT its great because it shows who is really on top of the food chain.

That was a very sensible post. Thank you for doing what me and several others have failed to do--stay reasonable and stay on topic.

Yes the Cobra is faster. By a lot...no. Can drivers make up for the difference? Yes...look at my times if you want proof, there are apparently stock GT's going 13.8 @ 105 (8.9 @ 82 1/8th, which is a tenth slower than your friend BadBird) out there, but there's guys with practically the same mods as me going 12.7 @ 108 (and MUCH faster). These two cars are a very close race through the 1/8. Remember the weight difference is negligable, the Cobra makes 30-40 more rwhp and has gone low 13's BONE STOCK. You cannot deny those numbers, I don't care how wrong you think I am. Those are all iron-clad facts.

BadBird, I am hardly bragging about my times. If anything I want people to laugh at me going high 13's in a car that probably could be going high 12's if I knew what to do with it. I know many others have done so with even less mods, obviously the blame lies with myself...

You guys can disagree all you want with me, I know what my car is capable of, and I know what the 99-04 GT's around me are capable of. That being said, good luck with your GT's and I'll have fun in my Cobra, at least all the fun I can have in such a slow car. Slow at least until this summer. :thumbsup:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
cobra mike said:
ok let me step in here, i have owend a 99 gt sice new, and i have owen a 97 cobra sice new the 99 was girlfriends car that i bought.
i ran both cars myself= same driver, i liked both cars equally.
ford rated 97 cobra 305 hp 300 tq
rord rates 99 gt 260hp 300tq both had same torqe.
i ran the gt stock severa times = 14.35 @ 99 mph
i ran the 97 cobra stock 13.76 @103 mph
cobra even feels faster especially up top.
not sayin there are not faster gts and slower cobras. but as a general ruel with the same driver cobra will win... bottom line. i had both. end of story.

BOOM, thanks dude! Some body with proof, i didnt know u were a member here :p

joegt38

Established Member
pottsy said:
That was a very sensible post. Thank you for doing what me and several others have failed to do--stay reasonable and stay on topic.

Yes the Cobra is faster. By a lot...no. Can drivers make up for the difference? Yes...look at my times if you want proof, there are apparently stock GT's going 13.8 @ 105 (8.9 @ 82 1/8th, which is a tenth slower than your friend BadBird) out there, but there's guys with practically the same mods as me going 12.7 @ 108 (and MUCH faster). These two cars are a very close race through the 1/8. Remember the weight difference is negligable, the Cobra makes 30-40 more rwhp and has gone low 13's BONE STOCK. You cannot deny those numbers, I don't care how wrong you think I am. Those are all iron-clad facts.

BadBird, I am hardly bragging about my times. If anything I want people to laugh at me going high 13's in a car that probably could be going high 12's if I knew what to do with it. I know many others have done so with even less mods, obviously the blame lies with myself...

You guys can disagree all you want with me, I know what my car is capable of, and I know what the 99-04 GT's around me are capable of. That being said, good luck with your GT's and I'll have fun in my Cobra, at least all the fun I can have in such a slow car. Slow at least until this summer. :thumbsup:
Good luck with it...

I hope it can get outta its own way when the summer comes :beer:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
joegt38 said:
:bs: :bash:

Are you ok there? :poke:

Does your head hurt?

It has to be said, i wanted to be nice, but your a freakin loser. Learn more, you have a SC am i correct. Have u forgotten what it feels to drive the stock GT. Have you driven ur stock GT vs a stock 96-98 Cobra

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
joegt38 said:
Quit going by what there rated...

Rates don't mean sh!t ;-)

if rates dont mean sh1t then how about the GT has 245 hp isnteadof 260...u did say it was only rates

Sorry for multiple posting, im posting as i read

joegt38

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
BOOM, thanks dude! Some body with proof, i didnt know u were a member here :p
If you think magazines are proof..... I don't even know what to say.

Not to mention what ford rates there cars at. :lol:

Some people :bash:

joegt38

Established Member
Black96SVT said:
if rates dont mean sh1t then how about the GT has 245 hp isnteadof 260...u did say it was only rates

Sorry for multiple posting, im posting as i read
Whatever you say :beer:

Time to do a little dance :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana: Im out!

Have fun!!!!

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
BadBirdLT1 said:
no kidding..its a ratings fest up in here..ford said my car should have 305 horsepower and run low 13s..so that means it does!!! yet somehow i only managed a 14.1 in it...hmmmmm, i guess if i launch it harder i will drop a second :burn:

How about you learn how to drive it :shrug:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
joegt38 said:
I don't agree to that, I still thing with decent drivers it can go either way. And again The GT will get outta the hole and the Cobra will pull up top. But through the 1/4 the Cobra doesn't always have enough room to chase down and pass. I said "doesn't always" for the people that don't know how to read, cause sometimes they can.... "Sometimes".... Now quit :cryying:

WE'VE ALREADY ****ING SAID THAT IT WOULD BE A CLOSE RACE AND THE BETTER RACER WOULD WIN. HOW FREAKING DUMB ARE YOU! :fm:

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
joegt38 said:
Ok mr 14.1 @101,

BTW there never equal drivers. Everytime what are you smokin? I want some.

You need to go back to high school and not be a drop out. Look what topic we are in. If the cars are stock AND equal drives, the Cobra wins. this is saying that the cobra is FASTER. You get GOLD STAR for knowing not all the time there are equal drives, causing a toss up, but everything equal, the cobra wins

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
joegt38 said:
And its the guy with the v6 that makes all the sense ;-)

J/K its all good, some of these guys are on there high horses...

BTW Im not scurred of no srt evo or sti :bash: .............. :rockon:

At least try to sounds smart and spell it "scared" its not cute

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
joegt38 said:
If you think magazines are proof..... I don't even know what to say.

Not to mention what ford rates there cars at. :lol:

Some people :bash:

dumbass!!!! he ****ing drove it

Sith

Banned
joegt38 said:
Go to Corral and the rest of the big Mustang boards, there are many GTs runnin 13s.

And on Corral there's Cobra's running mid 13's.

So, you've yet to show me one link that shows a Mustang GT runs faster then a Cobra in the quartermile. Why? Because it doesn't. And the Cobra traps a good 3+ mph faster then the GT.

Sith

Banned
BadBirdLT1 said:
let me get this straight..now pottsy is bragging about his modded cobra tieing a stock GT because he didn't launch? i bet that didn't launch crap is an excuse to your piss poor times.how does it feel to have a stock 01 GT beat your modded cobra?

That was actually me, and my car is 100% stock. If you want proof I wasn't launching I can provide numerous witnesses who were at the track with me. It was my first time and I didn't feel the need to push it.

Users who are viewing this thread