97 CobraVS.99 GT convertible

pottsy

Established Member
joegt38 said:
You guys are like women, it funny as hell.

Take care of them monster Cobras, I'll be back in a bit.

WE are the entertainment?

haha.

I'm not the one that has to keep sticking my thumb up my ass because I can't back up anything I say, and everytime I call bullshit I get shot down.

Be back after class,

Jeff

joegt38

Established Member
pottsy said:
That was sarcasm before, it's called playing along with the "arrogant" title I got badged with early on...I acknowledged in another post that I understand GT's are going fast with boltons and I have respect for those cars. I know some GT owners with sweet cars...I can think of one in particular that is blown near me that is BAD ass.

I'm sure your car is faster than mine. Better looking? That's subjective, but something tells me that a sizeable poll would show otherwise. The argument here was stock or very-near-stock GT vs. Cobra races, not how a blown GT runs against a near-stock Cobra. I could always throw out the ricer line:

"What would you do if I put a blower on the Cobra?"
I never said I want to run any near stock cobra... Bring a blown one :D

Interspy24

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Seriously, how can you say a car with less weight, way more horsepower, and the same gearing will lose to a car that has more wieght, a lot less horsepower, and the same gearing? It doesn't make sense. Given identical situations and environments, the 96-98 Cobra will dominate every time.

Exactly. You guys are arguing against plain and simple physics. How can a car lacking 30rwhp run a faster time given all things equal?

BadBirdLT1

Established Member
let me get this straight..now pottsy is bragging about his modded cobra tieing a stock GT because he didn't launch? i bet that didn't launch crap is an excuse to your piss poor times.how does it feel to have a stock 01 GT beat your modded cobra?

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
BadBirdLT1 said:
let me get this straight..now pottsy is bragging about his modded cobra tieing a stock GT because he didn't launch? i bet that didn't launch crap is an excuse to your piss poor times.how does it feel to have a stock 01 GT beat your modded cobra?
Ok well at least your understanding now that E.T. shows driver skill and trap speed shows what a car could do if launched correctly.

joegt38

Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Exactly. You guys are arguing against plain and simple physics. How can a car lacking 30rwhp run a faster time given all things equal?
Its easy, the GT has a better torq curve and its lighter...

joegt38

Established Member
Interspy24 said:
It would be simple physics if it would be the same car with 30 less hp and the same torq. with the weight of the both the same.

These cars are different in a lot of areas. :coolman:

Last edited:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
From what I have seen, most 96-98 cobra trap around 101-103 stock. I have heard of them getting up to 104-105 mph but it is rare. The same goes for GT's where they average 98-100. Hitting 101 or even a amazing 102 (if it has hapened) is rare, but it has been done. I all depends on driver, track conditions, weather, etc. If you take the same elements and put them together the cobra will win but with unequal elements either car could run a faster time.

In a 1/8th mile race I feel that a GT and a Cobra are a dead even match. Someone stated that a GT will get the jump and that a cobra may not have enough room to pass the GT in the 1/4. It's possible, but after the 1/8th mile the 4v will really start to shine while the GT has to fight to hold a lead by the 1/4. Chances are the Cobra will pass the GT just shy of the 1/4 making it a close race. GT's are NOT faster than cobra's but have the abiltiy to hang with them.

For all the cobra owners (GT's included) who think there car is great, stop! There are multiple cars out ther now that will give you guys a beating and some of them are 4 cylinders (wrx, sti, evo, srt-4). Who really keeps their car stock? Race what you bring. Dont make excuses about mods.

No one ever said that the 2v motor was better than the 4v. They are different motors and make their power at different rpms. It depends on where you like your power. Personally I like the feel of the 2v better.

I think its great when a modded GT beats a cobra, it shows that the mods on the GT paid off and when a cobra beats a GT its great because it shows who is really on top of the food chain.

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
And its the guy with the v6 that makes all the sense ;-)

J/K its all good, some of these guys are on there high horses...

BTW Im not scurred of no srt evo or sti :bash: .............. :rockon:

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
joegt38 said:
And its the guy with the v6 that makes all the sense ;-)

BTW Im not scurred of no srt evo or sti :bash: .............. :rockon:

The V6 is my brothers car, it used to be mine a few years ago :-D

The Bullitt is my car :coolman:

My roomate has a wrx stage 2 and that thing flys. He is running at least mid if not low 13's right now. Those things are impressive.

Anyways :beer:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
joegt38 said:

you keep saying things like this, obvioulsy you are better than all of us cobra owners :rollseyes , so while you keep arguing the same things over and over and over, take a look in the mirror with some of the statements youve been making

joegt38

Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
The V6 is my brothers car, it used to be mine a few years ago :-D

The Bullitt is my car :coolman:

My roomate has a wrx stage 2 and that thing flys. He is running at least mid if not low 13's right now. Those things are impressive.

Anyways :beer:
Mid to low 13s is fast??

joegt38

Established Member
98cobrancali said:
you keep saying things like this, obvioulsy you are better than all of us cobra owners :rollseyes , so while you keep arguing the same things over and over and over, take a look in the mirror with some of the statements youve been making
Cause Im havin a little fun, you people get so mad. If you get that mad on the internet then you got problems.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
joegt38 said:
Cause Im havin a little fun, you people get so mad. If you get that mad on the internet then you got problems.

im not mad, the cobra's not the only car i own, my 13 year old 5.0 would smoke my cobra, its just your attitude and keep egging these other guys on with nonsense, i cant believe this thread has made it this far

joegt38

Established Member
98cobrancali said:
im not mad, the cobra's not the only car i own, my 13 year old 5.0 would smoke my cobra, its just your attitude and keep egging these other guys on with nonsense, i cant believe this thread has made it this far
Ok I agree, but tell me they don't have attitude?

You need to reread then..

joegt38

Established Member
98cobrancali said:
There jumpin on me and Im defending myself and its fun cause Im not mad. So why am I wrong?

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
you expect people to not be mad after all this and then saying crap like these guys are all on their high horses, yeah its funny but everyone arguing is on the same level here, no ones on high horses, oh and heres a smilie for guys ;-) ....
ryanr24.gif

Users who are viewing this thread