97 Cobra with 03 Cobra engine

willsmysticobra

That really sucks bro. We know the owner here from chi and he really took good care of the car. I was VERY close to getting a loan from chase to pick it up. Best of luck to you and post up results of the leakdown.

IZZy SVT

shoutbox addict
Established Member
sorry to hear, Ive been in your shoes before and the its not a good feeling.

Ive seen this car in person and know one of the previous owners, good luck.

Evilsports

Established Member
OP, shitty deal man. You can't do anything from this point besides fix, document, and retain legal counsel.

Ignore the peanut gallery here (95PGTT, Lowgirl, etc). They obviously bring nothing to the table aside from the need for attention. Let them go, don't reply, you owe them no explanations. They seem like the type of people who roll through life looking for any opportunity to be contrary. Every time you reply and point out their obvious ignorance, you play into their pathetic game.

Don't quit until you have recovered your expenses. Prepare yourself for a long and drawn out fight, but realize that it will work out in the long run.

N20gt

Established Member
This is what happens when parents buy their ****** kids expensive & fast cars. No need to appreciate it when you didn't pay for it. Was it his DD? Willing to bet the thing as seen 250+ dozens of times in the past 3 months. Last time i saw this car it was in great shape, when the guy before tyler owned it.

Sorry to hear OP, let us know how it works out.

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
this is tylers mom. you stop talking about tyler i will come to your house and jerk you off

allgo

Established Member
Dont you think if the water pump wasnt working for the last three months the thing would have been in peices? What about the high speed part of the fan is it working? Sounds like to me the cap is bad or the rad. has some problems, good luck but you should watch your threats on the net to a 17 year old.

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
Dont you think if the water pump wasnt working for the last three months the thing would have been in peices? What about the high speed part of the fan is it working? Sounds like to me the cap is bad or the rad. has some problems, good luck but you should watch your threats on the net to a 17 year old.
If you read post#5 you'll see that a month ago the kid took the car to a "tire shop" to have it worked on so for at least a month he's been driving it with it running hot (including a 150 trip to Cedar Rapids).

And from the looks of a thread he posted back in October asking questions about a thermostat, it appears that he was having cooling problems out of it back then too...

Link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/641129-question-about-thermostat.html#post8880621

That right there equals about 3 months. Not good. :nonono:

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Dude, you want problems? I paid 50% more for my '98 than you did and my engine actually did blow up. A fully forged longblock with less than 30k miles on it. 4 months after I bought it, I had to shell out almost half of what I paid for the car to get the engine rebuilt. In addition, 2 months after I bought it, the fuel system took a crap and had to be rebuilt as well.

Burp your damn cooling system again. If that doesn't work, get a new I/C pump. There are many things that could possibly fix your problem. Going online and bitching about 'getting shafted' doesn't fix anything. Quit whining and get the car running right. If you pull the motor before exploring all your options, you're nuts.

Hodgepodge

Established Member
to the OP, that does suck. However, I do not feel any sympathy for you. All of the other members who were interested in this car took the time to look at the sellers older posts, and they realized that there was clearly a problem that hadn't been solved. Furthermore, you took the chance of buying the car sight unseen. No matter how inherently good you think people are, there will always be those who are out to screw you. Hope you learned a lesson: Never buy a car sight unseen, especially if it has known issues. Just because the seller says it is perfect, that is not always the case. Maybe Tyler really did think it was perfect because of his limited mechanical knowledge. However, you could have realized that there clearly was an issue before you bought it if you would have picked it up in person.

This situation could have been easily avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread