97 Cobra with 03 Cobra engine

95PGTTech

Established Member
First off you told me the car was snowed in at your gf's house. Second I paid for the car a week before it was picked so why were you still driving the "BUYER'S" car? I understand you really don't know much but here's a small lesson there's no "perfect" cars with 4 core radiators electric fans in 15-20 degree weather running 235-250 degrees. That is a BIG ASS sign hmm something is really wrong of course the reason why you took it to a shop. Weather you know it or not your the reason I got screwed and only you can make it right and you know it.

You still have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the car, so where do you get off saying you've been screwed? :rollseyes

I am not saying this guy didn't screw you, but you need to begin at the beginning and end at the end.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
You still have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the car, so where do you get off saying you've been screwed? :rollseyes

I am not saying this guy didn't screw you, but you need to begin at the beginning and end at the end.

I spent 400 dollars getting a thermostat and water pump installed and the car still overheats. So you do the math yourself does that sound like a "perfect car"

Here's the deal fellas the motor has to come out of the ****ing car so yes I did get ****ed point blank. I never should have bought the car from a kid but I was alreadyin the process of buying it once I realized he was 17.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Sounds to me like the OP didn't know how to burp the coolant system and when it overheated you wanted to blame somone else....

The car in my sig was completly assembled by me I worked the Ford dealership for 2 years as a technician. Trust me I do know how the put antifreeze in a Cobra. The only reason I had the water pump and thermostat installed at a shop is I had it towed there because it was 30 degrees outside and thought it would be a simple fix. As you read before all the different stories about the gauges being checked. I had no reason burping the system on my "perfect car" 2 ****ing seconds after I bought it.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Reason i say this is because I know the guy who had this car 2 owners ago out here in MD in the MACA. I know the shop that worked on that car as well and the car was def in great working order...

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
Simple fix or not...it sounds like to me that there was a problem with the car WHEN the buyer purchased it. To me that's getting screwed...and he's spent $400 already trying to fix it and it's still overheating. Maybe the seller will make it right.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Reason i say this is because I know the guy who had this car 2 owners ago out here in MD in the MACA. I know the shop that worked on that car as well and the car was def in great working order...

HMM 2 owners ago are you serious dude you sound like a real jackass. Now I haven't even mentioned the simple fixes like the front seal that slinging oil all over the front cover and bottom side of the car back to the transmission. Of course after I saw the leak I asked Tyler and he said it was a "tiny leak" it's leaking so much it's on the inside of the wheels. I noticed a few bolts in the front cover missing and a couple the weren't even tight. I don't know what shop built this car or anything about they're credibility. However I do know what I have now and it's definately not as stated in the for sale thread. I will definately be posting pics of the tear down to show you none believers that I have absolutely no reason to lie about any of the damage on this car.

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
You haven't even got to the driveshaft issue yet.....sounds like your gonna have some cash wrapped up in this thing. I would definately contact a laywer

mysteed

Established Member
Ouch, sorry to hear that you are already having issues with the car man. Like a lot of others in here I too was seriously considering buying this Cobra.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I spent 400 dollars getting a thermostat and water pump installed and the car still overheats. So you do the math yourself does that sound like a "perfect car"

Here's the deal fellas the motor has to come out of the ****ing car so yes I did get ****ed point blank. I never should have bought the car from a kid but I was alreadyin the process of buying it once I realized he was 17.

No, you and another uneducated mechanic came to the conclusion that you didn't know what was wrong with the car so you were going to parts shotgun a water pump and a thermostat at it. Your combined "diagnosis" was wrong. The seller is not responsible for this cost, as the car obviously did not need it.

You still don't know what's wrong with the car. I am not saying he is right, or saying that he did not screw you, I am saying you have insufficient evidence to make that claim. You throwing "I worked at Ford for two years as a technician" out there is worthless - clearly, you didn't learn anything, you were a parts shotgunning guesswork mechanic.

Get the car diagnosed by a professional, then post back. Not more of your lame guesswork.

Rev Happy

Established Member
Sounds like a clogged radiator to me.

When there is a blockage in getting coolant to the motor, the car's temp will be fine at idle and during stop and go traffic. Once you get moving on the highway though, the temperature quickly rises after only a few miles and the car will puke coolant at 230 degrees +, even in cold weather. Overtime the blockage becomes progressively worst so the previous owner could have been driving the car without overheating issues and thinking it was just the gauge reading high.

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
No, you and another uneducated mechanic came to the conclusion that you didn't know what was wrong with the car so you were going to parts shotgun a water pump and a thermostat at it. Your combined "diagnosis" was wrong. The seller is not responsible for this cost, as the car obviously did not need it.

You still don't know what's wrong with the car. I am not saying he is right, or saying that he did not screw you, I am saying you have insufficient evidence to make that claim. You throwing "I worked at Ford for two years as a technician" out there is worthless - clearly, you didn't learn anything, you were a parts shotgunning guesswork mechanic.

Get the car diagnosed by a professional, then post back. Not more of your lame guesswork.

Lame guesswork, your a real piece of work...the guy spent $10,300 on a POS car that overheats(more than likely blown head gasket) and it clearly wasn't described in the for sale ad!! He wasn't able to overlook the car and went on the sellers word, now the guy is getting screwed!! But I'm sure if you dropped 10k on a car that was delivered to your house with undescribed issues you would be ok with it :rollseyes...give me a f%ckin break

CobraJay

Established Member

95PGTTech

Established Member
Lame guesswork, your a real piece of work...the guy spent $10,300 on a POS car that overheats(more than likely blown head gasket) and it clearly wasn't described in the for sale ad!! He wasn't able to overlook the car and went on the sellers word, now the guy is getting screwed!! But I'm sure if you dropped 10k on a car that was delivered to your house with undescribed issues you would be ok with it :rollseyes...give me a f%ckin break

Yeah, lame guesswork. It's overheating, so the two genius's came up with the diagnosis of waterpump and thermostat. Obviously, they failed, because they didn't diagnose the problem, they just started throwing cooling system components at it. And, from his next couple posts, that's his intended path from here on out.

If I was delivered a 10K car that overheats (we still don't even know if it was overheating)...I sure as **** wouldn't go shotgunning parts at it. That's how I'd feel

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Yeah, lame guesswork. It's overheating, so the two genius's came up with the diagnosis of waterpump and thermostat. Obviously, they failed, because they didn't diagnose the problem, they just started throwing cooling system components at it. And, from his next couple posts, that's his intended path from here on out.

If I was delivered a 10K car that overheats (we still don't even know if it was overheating)...I sure as **** wouldn't go shotgunning parts at it. That's how I'd feel

so spewing coolant all over isn't a sign of overheating?? give me a freaking break... :rollseyes

to the OP... sorry to hear this happened to you. i would be furious. i hope you get these issues worked out...

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member

So what would you do you smartguy rotate the ****ing tires!!!!! Dude your a waste of good air do us all a favor and stop breathing.... I hope the next car you buy explodes in flames with you in it...:burn: Seriously you need to shut your damn mouth if this shit happened to your stupid ass you would feel as i do. Only thing is you'd be to stupid to realize it....

Last edited:

fox5oh

OVERWEIGHT COBRA
Established Member
My car did the same thing.... All I did was change the radiator caps from a 16psi one to a 6psi one and no more problems.. Sorry to hear

Users who are viewing this thread