97 Cobra with 03 Cobra engine

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
I spent 400 dollars getting a thermostat and water pump installed and the car still overheats. So you do the math yourself does that sound like a "perfect car"

Here's the deal fellas the motor has to come out of the ****ing car so yes I did get ****ed point blank. I never should have bought the car from a kid but I was alreadyin the process of buying it once I realized he was 17.

Sorry for this lousey situation.... curious as to why you are pulling the motor at this point. Have you done the diagnostics to eliminate a head gasket or a radiator issue. Good luck and I hope you determine it is something easily reapired. Hang in there...

SoClean03

Established Member
Yeah, lame guesswork. It's overheating, so the two genius's came up with the diagnosis of waterpump and thermostat. Obviously, they failed, because they didn't diagnose the problem, they just started throwing cooling system components at it. And, from his next couple posts, that's his intended path from here on out.

If I was delivered a 10K car that overheats (we still don't even know if it was overheating)...I sure as **** wouldn't go shotgunning parts at it. That's how I'd feel

OK 95PoorGTTech, give everyone on this post a break! The car is obiviously ****ed up and more than 10 people have acknowledged this FACT. You really expect anyone to believe that if they bought a car from this site, you included, that was said to be "PERFECT", which we all know now is not the truth, cooling problems, oil leaks, missing front cover bolts,......and time will only tell what else, would not be pissed off and have something to say about it and the previous lying owner(17yrs young)????? What fantasy world do you live in so we can all come there and live, run 9's on pump gas and still get 25MPG. Not going to happen and neither is the fact that 04's car is ****ed, so just give it up.:bash:

95PGTTech

Established Member
so spewing coolant all over isn't a sign of overheating?? give me a freaking break... :rollseyes

to the OP... sorry to hear this happened to you. i would be furious. i hope you get these issues worked out...

were you there? did you see it spew coolant? he's saying that's what happened, and the OP is saying hell no.

95PGTTech

Established Member
So what would you do you smartguy rotate the ****ing tires!!!!! Dude your a waste of good air do us all a favor and stop breathing.... I hope the next car you buy explodes in flames with you in it...:burn: Seriously you need to shut your damn mouth if this shit happened to your stupid ass you would feel as i do. Only thing is you'd be to stupid to realize it....

IF it was presenting the symptoms that you are saying it did, and I'm not saying you're not a complete ****ing liar who is having buyer's remorse...you wouldn't be the first on these forums...

call buyer and inform
cooling system pressure test
compression and leakdown test

you still haven't done any diagnosis. you threw a thermostat at it, you threw a water pump at it, now you're pulling the motor. good job, you're a tech.

the next car I buy won't burst into flames on me. I'm clearly not as much of a jump to conclusions ****ing idiot like you.

95PGTTech

Established Member
OK 95PoorGTTech, give everyone on this post a break! The car is obiviously ****ed up and more than 10 people have acknowledged this FACT. You really expect anyone to believe that if they bought a car from this site, you included, that was said to be "PERFECT", which we all know now is not the truth, cooling problems, oil leaks, missing front cover bolts,......and time will only tell what else, would not be pissed off and have something to say about it and the previous lying owner(17yrs young)????? What fantasy world do you live in so we can all come there and live, run 9's on pump gas and still get 25MPG. Not going to happen and neither is the fact that 04's car is ****ed, so just give it up.:bash:

that's my point, everyone is taking the buyer's side. we have heard two conflicting sides of this story. no pictures, no receipts, no documentation by either side. one vote of confidence in the car on the seller's side. when there is absolutely no evidence of what is ****ed up, or that there is anything ****ed up at all.

btw...there are plenty of LSx's out there doing your 9 second, 25MPG, pump gas criteria. throw one in your mustang.

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
hey guys hes got a point if the car was supposedly "perfect" he should not have had to burp the system on a car that "ran perfect" with no issues! You reap what you sow so for all the dishonest people i hope your cars that you buy break down on the side of the road as well 10 minutes after you get them! Boy some of you guys are a real work of art, you post before you read if you would have read the guy said the car ran for 45 min. before it was loaded on the trailer, but when buyer recieved car it runs hot 10 min. later doesnt take a genious to figure that one out does it! all im saying is put the shoe on the other foot!

87Foxbody

Established Member
IF it was presenting the symptoms that you are saying it did, and I'm not saying you're not a complete ****ing liar who is having buyer's remorse...you wouldn't be the first on these forums...

call buyer and inform

you still haven't done any diagnosis. you threw a thermostat at it, you threw a water pump at it, now you're pulling the motor. good job, you're a tech.

the next car I buy won't burst into flames on me. I'm clearly not as much of a jump to conclusions ****ing idiot like you.

Look Dumbass I was the one that was flying up there to pick up the car and drive it the 830 miles home because the car was "perfect" If it had started all this shit on me Tyler would have it parked in his living room with a cancelled check. The water pump wasnt working when we got it so we replaced it we know that for a fact. To be on the safe side we replaced the thermostat. Ive built more of these cars than i care to remember most of which are making 500-750hp not to mention the 1000hp twin turbo car we are about to roll out the shop. I will be doing a leakdown test tomorrow on the car. My guess is that it will fail that test. Oh and the driveshaft issue, You cant even touch the gas without it rubbing.I would be afraid to drive the car becasue the driveshaft has rubbed so much that it has damn near been cut in half. So until you learn which way to turn a bolt to tighten it or loosen it shut the hell up because your opinion dont really F*cking matter. Ill take all the pictures of the REBUILD that you want. So do us all a favor and go play with you matchbox cars.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member

call buyer and inform

Can you help me read these gauges you f ucking idiot!!!!
4ad5874d.jpg

0c4df0dd.jpg

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
It's ok Tyler you f ucked me pretty good and that's fine you had to tell your mommie to call me with her ridiculous threats.. Tyler someday you'll become a man until then stop putting yourself in a mans place selling broke shit on the internet not a smart thing to do....

95PGTTech

Established Member
Look Dumbass I was the one that was flying up there to pick up the car and drive it the 830 miles home because the car was "perfect" If it had started all this shit on me Tyler would have it parked in his living room with a cancelled check. The water pump wasnt working when we got it so we replaced it we know that for a fact. To be on the safe side we replaced the thermostat. Ive built more of these cars than i care to remember most of which are making 500-750hp not to mention the 1000hp twin turbo car we are about to roll out the shop. I will be doing a leakdown test tomorrow on the car. My guess is that it will fail that test. Oh and the driveshaft issue, You cant even touch the gas without it rubbing.I would be afraid to drive the car becasue the driveshaft has rubbed so much that it has damn near been cut in half. So until you learn which way to turn a bolt to tighten it or loosen it shut the hell up because your opinion dont really F*cking matter. Ill take all the pictures of the REBUILD that you want. So do us all a favor and go play with you matchbox cars.

using your guys own story and own logic:

1. car is "perfect" as described by buyer
2. car is delivered professionally shortly after purchase
3. car has issues

the logical assumption is buyer was lied to, car had issues before it was shipped.

using your own logic back against you:
1. suspect car overheats
2. replaced thermostat and water pump
3. car still overheats

obviously, the water pump and thermostat were not the issue. please, explain how this water pump failed.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Hey smartguy look at the motor pics in the previous owner thread before Tyler bought it had an electric water pump on the car which was inop that's how a water pump fails. If you need to learn more just sit back and read and shut up for once in your life.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Sorry for this lousey situation.... curious as to why you are pulling the motor at this point. Have you done the diagnostics to eliminate a head gasket or a radiator issue. Good luck and I hope you determine it is something easily reapired. Hang in there...

I'm pulling the motor because Tyler has been driving the car since Oct without a water pump that's how I know the motor trashed. I just gotta figure out how bad it is and what can be reused I'm gonna let it sit till after Christmas. Like I've been saying all along I got f ucked thanks Tyler.:beer:

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
Still can't believe this idiot drove the car for who knows how long thinking that the aftermarket gauge and the stock gauge were just reading wrong. Are you kidding me?...that's a piss poor story/excuse. Then try to sell the car on the internet as "perfect" with none of the details about the overheating or "gauge problem" listed in the for sale thread/ad. I know a lot of people that would be knocking on his door wanting something done about it!

This kid should be banned from svtp and if nothing else I'd for sure leave him negative feedback if I were you 04OUTLAW. People like him are what ruin buying and selling things online for a lot of people. Stories like this aggravate me...pay $10,300 for a car that books for $5k and get lied to about what condition the car is in, and it shows up broken on top of that. Nothing about that is right in my opinion!

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Hey smartguy look at the motor pics in the previous owner thread before Tyler bought it had an electric water pump on the car which was inop that's how a water pump fails. If you need to learn more just sit back and read and shut up for once in your life.

More of your guessing.

It is an electric water pump, and I've heard some have gone bad, therefore it is inop. I have a Meziere unit. Once, it popped the fuse. But I'm not a retard, I didn't keep driving the car like you, I got it flatbedded home and did some actual diagnosis. Not hard to think step by step and find the problem. Replaced fuse, checked the wiring, and not a problem since.

But I guess I could have driven it more like you, then thrown a water pump and thermostat at the problem, then yanked the motor and thrown more money at it without actually figuring out what was wrong with it.

Cars just don't one second boom overheat toasted motor. You had to be driving for a considerable amount of time to do that kind of damage.

harvboi05

Established Member
the thing that sucks about this whole deal is maybe it was a simple fix but now that it was overheated, a few other elements come into play.

i understand your frustration of buyin a car and then discovering issues with it, my DD burns 5qts of oil a month and its got only 65k miles on it!

hopefully you chase down the problems and get its all figured out and what youll be left with is a badass car. even with the troubleshooting and repair costs, youll still be way cheaper than a 03/04 cobra and be faster. good luck.

87Foxbody

Established Member
More of your guessing.

It is an electric water pump, and I've heard some have gone bad, therefore it is inop. I have a Meziere unit. Once, it popped the fuse. But I'm not a retard, I didn't keep driving the car like you, I got it flatbedded home and did some actual diagnosis. Not hard to think step by step and find the problem. Replaced fuse, checked the wiring, and not a problem since.

But I guess I could have driven it more like you, then thrown a water pump and thermostat at the problem, then yanked the motor and thrown more money at it without actually figuring out what was wrong with it.

Cars just don't one second boom overheat toasted motor. You had to be driving for a considerable amount of time to do that kind of damage.

How F*cking stupid are you:kaboom:? He had the car for one day he picked it up les than a mile away from his house. He let it idle while he was paying the truck driver and signing the paper work then took the car to the car wash less than 100 yards from where he picked it up washed it and the car overheated on his way home less than a mile away. so the next day we looked at it yes the fuse was blown we replaced it guess what still didnt work, so we pulled the water pump off and bench ran it still didnt work. Now what do you do dumbass:bash:? Replace it or would you put it back on there? We replaced it. HE HAS PUT LESS THAN FIVE MILES ON IT SINCE HE HAS HAD IT. He didnt keep driving it it was towed back to the shop and now that it is home it hasnt moved since. Ill tell you what why dont you bring your ass down here and look at it yourself. We know they dont overheat and toast all in one second. We dont know how long this kid was driving the car with it like that considering the fact it was "PERFECT" when it left his sight and somehow managed to get all f*cked up on a trailer without being cranked or drove. Sounds like it was hurt before we got it and Tyler knew but didnt know how to fix it thats why he only kept it for three months. He tried to pas it off as a perfect car but just happened to sell it to someone that knows alot about them. Which is something you cant claim. :loser: So go play with your barbies somemore until you think of some more useless shit to say

Last edited:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
HMM 2 owners ago are you serious dude you sound like a real jackass. Now I haven't even mentioned the simple fixes like the front seal that slinging oil all over the front cover and bottom side of the car back to the transmission. Of course after I saw the leak I asked Tyler and he said it was a "tiny leak" it's leaking so much it's on the inside of the wheels. I noticed a few bolts in the front cover missing and a couple the weren't even tight. I don't know what shop built this car or anything about they're credibility. However I do know what I have now and it's definately not as stated in the for sale thread. I will definately be posting pics of the tear down to show you none believers that I have absolutely no reason to lie about any of the damage on this car.

lol. Says the FORD tech who bought this bucket? Thats what you get for buying a car sight unseen. Wouldn't have been a terrible idea to have the car checked out BEFORE you paid for it, which is what a smart buyer of a heavily modded car would have done. Who's the real jackass in this situation? haha Best of luck bro.

Last edited:

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
lol. Says the FORD tech who bought this bucket? Thats what you get for buying a car sight unseen. Wouldn't have been a terrible idea to have the car checked out BEFORE you paid for it, which is what a smart buyer of a heavily modded car would have done. Who's the real jackass in this situation? haha Best of luck bro.

Your the REAL JACKASS in this situation!!!!!:bash:

90mustang306

Dead Crawlin
Established Member
id be breaking some knee caps if i got ****ed over on a car

people dont understand how some people have to "work" yes work for money

...gl with everything

Users who are viewing this thread