97 Cobra with 03 Cobra engine

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Dude, you want problems? I paid 50% more for my '98 than you did and my engine actually did blow up. A fully forged longblock with less than 30k miles on it. 4 months after I bought it, I had to shell out almost half of what I paid for the car to get the engine rebuilt. In addition, 2 months after I bought it, the fuel system took a crap and had to be rebuilt as well.

Burp your damn cooling system again. If that doesn't work, get a new I/C pump. There are many things that could possibly fix your problem. Going online and bitching about 'getting shafted' doesn't fix anything. Quit whining and get the car running right. If you pull the motor before exploring all your options, you're nuts.

Great advice change my Intercooler pump that's gonna fix my f ucked up motor. Here's some advice for you (just what this thread is about) don't buy cars from people like Tyler and his mommie. I didn't post this thread to ask how to fix my car it was just to expose this kid for what he is. I have plenty of mechanical knowledge but that doesn't change this situation how I got f ucked on this deal...

allgo

Established Member
sounds like you need to talk to the shipping company about the extra 43 miles on the car after it left iowa....

TRBO VNM

sounds like you need to talk to the shipping company about the extra 43 miles on the car after it left iowa....

I was just going to post this. I have seen other people have issues with their car and the mileage was higher than it should have been between the time it went on the tow vehicle and removed at final destination. it is one thing to have .5 mile or the 1 mile click over, but you start getting 10+, even 5+ miles more than were on it when it was put on the tow vehicle, something is fishy.

I didn't see where anyone mention mileage before and after and I am not going back to other threads to check or going back through the bitch sessions in this thread. just saying if there was a decent variation in mileage, it could have been the shipping company beating the piss out of it and not tylers fault.

BowlinYoungin

Established Member
I gotta say. This is why you do not buy cars sight unseen. You yourself could have screwed up the headgasket when you got it. Theres no telling if you properly warmed up the car when you got it. Or the shipper could have done something. I would never.. ever.. buy a performance car like this especially one that has a motor swap sight unseen, you are just looking for trouble!

allgo

Established Member
I was just going to post this. I have seen other people have issues with their car and the mileage was higher than it should have been between the time it went on the tow vehicle and removed at final destination. it is one thing to have .5 mile or the 1 mile click over, but you start getting 10+, even 5+ miles more than were on it when it was put on the tow vehicle, something is fishy.

I didn't see where anyone mention mileage before and after and I am not going back to other threads to check or going back through the bitch sessions in this thread. just saying if there was a decent variation in mileage, it could have been the shipping company beating the piss out of it and not tylers fault.

Its not in the post, tyler told me he text him the mileage when it was loaded which is what he asked for when he got the car it had 43 more miles on it, shipping companies have been known to take cars out on beat sesions, this could be why the car took 5 days to get to you to?

94venomV8

Established Member
I also thought about this if there were 43 miles on the car, problems or not the company would be paying for it. You have a better chance suing them then the seller

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
I gotta say. This is why you do not buy cars sight unseen. You yourself could have screwed up the headgasket when you got it. Theres no telling if you properly warmed up the car when you got it. Or the shipper could have done something. I would never.. ever.. buy a performance car like this especially one that has a motor swap sight unseen, you are just looking for trouble!

WTF are you talking about? What should I have done broke out the hair dryer to warm it give me a f ucking break that's the stupidest shit I've heard all day. Read before you post, yes I screwed up listening to Tyler but like I said he's got his coming. It's all self explanatory if you just read the other post...

TRBO VNM

outlaw, look man, I hate that you gotta go through this. it sucks and I know how it feels because I have had similar things happen, even after seeing the item before purchase.

but really, right now I don't see how you can point the finger at Tyler. I don't know him, but if this is true about the miles and then your mechanic came in here and said the fuse was blown for the water pump, well, the shipping company could have easily taken the car off and beat the crap out of it, blew the fuse then and blew a head gasket if that is the problem. you said yourself you put 1.5 gallons of coolant in the car. That is a lot for the car to be that low. If the car did idle for 45min before the shipper put it on the hauler like he said, it surely would have overheated in that timeframe. And even in 30 degree weather, which I have filled cars with coolant in that weather and colder and have seen them get hot because they needed to still be burped more. If I remember correctly, he said he had to drive it to work or somewhere to meet the hauler. So he drove it there and at some point it idled for 45min or so. then when you got it there was 43 more miles on it than when it left his possession.

well, the fuse could have blown at anytime that tyler drove it and it sat there idling. And it could have blown while they were on their 43 mile adventure and how the hell are they supposed to know anything about a modified car. they just transport them and show boat with them.

again, sorry about what you are going through, but imo, there are too many other variables involved right now to go and blame him. That is how I see it right now from the info posted. good luck

Last edited:

benulis55

Established Member
i understand people being hesitant to bash the seller, but if any of you had dealt with him of talked to him for 2 seconds you would realize that he is likely to blame. Tyler was a whiny voice cocky 17 yr old...plain and simple...i spoke with him several times and did not like the idea of buying a car from him, but the car was a good deal AS DESCRIBED...it was hard to turn down. 04OUTLAW mentioned a few other things that he was lied about, the driveshaft for one. And tyler sure hasnt been here sticking up for himself, he may want to avoid the bashing he would get on this forum or he may be avoiding posting here because he got his money and he doesnt care that he screwed someone. I think the whole 43 miles difference is incorrect. Read back through this thread. I guess theres no point arguing any of this....the deal is done, now it is up to OUTLAW to make this right. Good thing someone who knows these cars bought the car, he should be able to fix it and hopefully enjoy the car.

OUTLAW, if/when you get this fixed, what are you going to do with the car?

10sec5oh

Established Member
Sounds like the truth is finally coming out. 43 extra miles on it?! Better look at the shipper, not the seller. The shipper obviously was out doorin someones ass and hurt it in the process. Did you use the cheapest shipping company by chance?!

allgo

Established Member
i understand people being hesitant to bash the seller, but if any of you had dealt with him of talked to him for 2 seconds you would realize that he is likely to blame. Tyler was a whiny voice cocky 17 yr old...plain and simple...i spoke with him several times and did not like the idea of buying a car from him, but the car was a good deal AS DESCRIBED...it was hard to turn down. 04OUTLAW mentioned a few other things that he was lied about, the driveshaft for one. And tyler sure hasnt been here sticking up for himself, he may want to avoid the bashing he would get on this forum or he may be avoiding posting here because he got his money and he doesnt care that he screwed someone. I think the whole 43 miles difference is incorrect. Read back through this thread. I guess theres no point arguing any of this....the deal is done, now it is up to OUTLAW to make this right. Good thing someone who knows these cars bought the car, he should be able to fix it and hopefully enjoy the car.

OUTLAW, if/when you get this fixed, what are you going to do with the car?

did you ever think he was not on here defending himself anymore cause he is 17? I think he said his peace and decided since you guys all think your men and he is just a little boy acording to you its best that he leave all the knowldege on working on cars to all you experts,Cocky give me a break, sounds like your the one with all the cockyness... :rollseyes

POPPAJ

Established Member
I recently learned that Tyler cheated on his merit badges when he was a Cub Scout!

Buyer beware! You can't get the $hit back in the horse!

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I've purchased 4 cars and a motorcycle sight unseen online and had absolutely 0 issues. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

venomous99

Established Member
I've purchased 4 cars and a motorcycle sight unseen online and had absolutely 0 issues. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

well consider yourself lucky. heard time and time again of ppl who have bought cars that ended up being totally off from what they expected.

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Sounds like there was air in the cooling system. Ive had cars overheat 3 months after I burped the system. You just never know where and when an air bubble might let loose in these Mod motors.

venomous99

Established Member
didnt realize this was a post about that 97 that everyone was contemplating buying for 1 year and couldnt believe it sat for so long w/out any serious interest.

reading this thread, ive concluded that:
-previous owner probably was honest about the car to the point he didnt know what he was looking at. because he lacked real mechanical knowledge of cars that shouldve been a red flag for the buyer.
-never buy a car sight unseen as this sh*t like this happens. just like looking at artwork, what u may consider a gem might be a POS to another person..buyer beware
-the new owner is so heated and maybe leaving a lot of details on how he debugged the issue to conclude the parts replaced would fix the car and if this did not address the issues, tearing into the motor would be the next step. have u done everything else confirm you have a blown head gasket? checked the oil for water? ran a compression check? we understand your situation in that anyone would be heated if they received a subpar product but ppl here are trying to help u for the most part. getting defensive does not help your situation and just reading your post its still unclear what was part of the diagnostics to conclude the motor is toast as u say.

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member
i guess thinking about it more..the previous owner just picked up the car and put it up for sale after realizing he couldnt afford the payments? isnt factoring the car payment into the budget the 1st step in buying a car. really odd he just picked up the car and had a revelation a few weeks after that he couldnt afford it.
if he is a kid and didnt know jack shit about the car, i wouldve steered clear of him. yes its all water under the bridge now and the new owner just needs to chalk this up as a hard lesson learned. i aint a lawyer but i think it would be really difficult to win this in court, not to mention expensive, as there are far too many discrepancies and variables to determine who was at fault. when u factor in legal fees it might just be better to put that money towards a rebuild..sucks but thats the reality.

Users who are viewing this thread