7th-generation (2023) Chevrolet Camaro reportedly canceled, nameplate to die (again).

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
upload_2019-6-27_13-30-46.gif

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
There's no reason why current and future generations have to pay higher tuition. The money is going somewhere, and banks are reaping the rewards of lifetime interest.

People want Millennials to have common knowledge, but if they learn at higher education, they are not financially responsible.

Sellers market. University attendance is at an all time high. They have to hire more professors. Build new structures and housing... Things cost money. Therefore tuition goes up. You don't have to go to the most expensive school to get a good education.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Why is it millennials can afford a Mustang or a challenger, but not a Camaro. It’s because they have became ugly and way over priced. If GM wouldn’t had jacked up the prices to the point of ridiculous there wouldn’t be an issue.

When a V6 Camaro cost 40k we got an issue especially when you can pick up a GT for 30k or even a RT for the same amount. 40K buys a ScatPack or a loaded GT or a V6 Camaro. Do the math what would you buy?

CV355

_
Established Member
Ugly and or 10 years behind in the interior.

Chevy interiors have always sucked and been 10+ years behind the curve, at least on the vehicles that matter. Doesn't mean they are bad cars, I just think their interiors always suck.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not correct, ZL1 does kick the 350Rs teeth in.... and then pisses on it for good measure. Lap times don’t lie. ZL1 destroys an R in its own home (road course), let’s not even mention the strip or street.

View attachment 1582268
Lap times do lie when they are different amateur drivers on different days.

15 Mustang GT at Sonoma 1:52
15 c7Z06 at Sonoma 1:56
14 991 GT3 at Sonoma 1:57

All 3 driven by amateur drivers.

Better numbers would be the high horsepower track at big willow.
17ZL1 1:26:12
17350R 1:26:51

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lap times do lie when they are different amateur drivers on different days.

15 Mustang GT at Sonoma 1:52
15 c7Z06 at Sonoma 1:56
14 991 GT3 at Sonoma 1:57

All 3 driven by amateur drivers.

Better numbers would be the high horsepower track at big willow.
17ZL1 1:26:12
17350R 1:26:51

Of the case with lightning lap. Same guy driving. Far FAR from an amateur.

The times you are providing above ARE from DIFFERENT amateurs, no?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn Tob, you been eating that red meat and squatting lately?

I don’t remember you having this much chest hair.... lol

You haven’t been around. He’s a changed man. Father Time has that impact on people sometimes when shit gets real.

I think ZL1 1LE vs GT500 is going to be very interesting. It basically comes down to DCT vs M6 vs A10. Also, what is the over/under that ford gets cooling wrong on the first run and they heat soak like a bitch?

I read the 1LE is getting the 10 speed auto. Lots of Popcorn if/when that happens!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Twisted2v

Established Member
Sellers market. University attendance is at an all time high. They have to hire more professors. Build new structures and housing... Things cost money. Therefore tuition goes up. You don't have to go to the most expensive school to get a good education.

More students would make it cheaper to cover building costs. I.e. the more you sell, the cheaper your fixed costs. Yes, new dorms every now and then, but it's probably a dream ROI.

Professors probably lecture about 7 hours max for all classes every week, and don't work in the summer, all holidays. Their offices they spend an hour a day in, take up just as much space as dorms. Money is dumped in athletics and endowments. No one gets the benefits but the people that work there.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Only on the straight bits. Times and cornering data show the ZL1 doesn't quite corner as well as the GT350R. If you watch the videos on the 'Tube of owners tracking their cars, you'll see the ZL1 just doesn't have it in the corners and barely pulls away in the straights. So, "kicks the shit out of a GT350R" is quite the exaggeration. Equal drivers on a technical course, the ZL1 will never get away from the GT350R.

Me driving.......I got away.....big time......on a technical course......

Edit: This is on the 220 tread wear Good Year SC3's, not the 1LE on 100 tread wear SC3R's.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Great video. I know Tim and it was interesting to see him run. Looked like you guys had fun.

The ****ing PDR alone puts the ZL1 ahead of the Ford variants. Ford is way behind in this regard and really needs to get their shit together and come up with something similar.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Great video. I know Tim and it was interesting to see him run. Looked like you guys had fun.

The ****ing PDR alone puts the ZL1 ahead of the Ford variants. Ford is way behind in this regard and really needs to get their shit together and come up with something similar.

Yes it was fun and there is epic trash talking in the SCMC Facebook group.

blk02edge

Established Member
Wow, some people comparing the 350R to the Z1LE??? The Z1LE is built like an un corked race car without a cage. Its not close in magazines and its not close with amatuers behind the wheel in the old real life either. The SS1LE is an honest to god good comparison

Users who are viewing this thread