7th-generation (2023) Chevrolet Camaro reportedly canceled, nameplate to die (again).

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just take a quick look at the new Silverado and the Camaros and there's no wonder why they are in 3rd place in the truck/pony car segments.

Ugly and or 10 years behind in the interior.

IDK. Wife and I drove a new 2019 SS in Colorado.

It was quick/quiet/nice. I liked the interior, was very cockpit like. Overall a car i'd buy if I had cash laying around and wanted a fleet.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
IDK. Wife and I drove a new 2019 SS in Colorado.

It was quick/quiet/nice. I liked the interior, was very cockpit like. Overall a car i'd buy if I had cash laying around and wanted a fleet.

Interior comment was more for the Silverado.

Ford and Ram have a lot better interiors.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
It sucks due to lack of competition. But at the same time I think the last 2 generations of Camaros are hideous!

08mojo

Established Member
I hope this is not the case. The Mustang could use some help, looking forward, to not become some AOC-inspired soy machine. I'd prefer competition over outright elimination in this case.

2ilzas.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sad news if true... 5th gen Camaro helped Ford with the vision of a complete package. Finally ford added REAL handling into the mix; hence, the 350s and new 500 to be.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope this is not the case. The Mustang could use some help, looking forward, to not become some AOC-inspired soy machine. I'd prefer competition over outright elimination in this case.

Damn Tob, you been eating that red meat and squatting lately?

I don’t remember you having this much chest hair.... lol

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I bet they lose their ass on the C8 as well. I just don't see how they can make money off of it unless they sell a lot of base models and they are priced like the C7.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I bet they lose their ass on the C8 as well. I just don't see how they can make money off of it unless they sell a lot of base models and they are priced like the C7.

And that isn't going to happen as there has never been an affordable under $80K mid engine super/performance car.

And I'm calling it now a lot of C8's are going to just sit on the lot unable to move once their warranty is up. As changing the starter is over $5,000 or a cam replacement or valve train is again over $5,000. As you have to tear down the car around the engine and yank it out.

Yep chasing that waterfall is sure going to cost them big. And once it happens they need to fire stupid Duntov worshiping Tadge Juecher, he does not get the chance to resign or retire nope you fire him as he'll have that black mark of the one that killed their profitable Corvette program because they think going mid engine was the way to go.

Last edited:

nickf2005

Established Member
Ive not lost hope on Gen Z. Millenials as a whole suck, but there are plenty of solid car guys in the demographic.
Problem with the Millennial generation is the years it covers. You have mid 80's babies lumped in with late 90's.

The one thing my younger brother and I (born in 86 vs 96) have in common is cars. He's actually a Ford mechanic with a UNOH degree. I just like them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Problem with the Millennial generation is the years it covers. You have mid 80's babies lumped in with late 90's.

The one thing my younger brother and I (born in 86 vs 96) have in common is cars. He's actually a Ford mechanic with a UNOH degree. I just like them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Spring 1983 here. I definitely have more in common with Gen X. Apparently Im in a small group considered Xennials. As long as Im not lumped in with those limp wristed ****s in the Millennial crowd Im good.

GodStang

Established Member
Spring 1983 here. I definitely have more in common with Gen X. Apparently Im in a small group considered Xennials. As long as Im not lumped in with those limp wristed ****s in the Millennial crowd Im good.

1980 here so I feel ya.

So will all C8s be Mid engine or is that a "limited" edition car? I don't keep track of Chevy.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Considering that GM jumped the price on the 6th gen to outrageous when the Mustangs have stayed semi affordable. I can see it happening again.

They had to do a refresh of the refreshed 6th gen. Its literally on its 3rd front end and it looks more like it originally did to begin with because of the lack of sales and complaints.

When you have a 10yr old design (Challenger/Charger) just handing the Camaro its ass in sales then you have a problem and GM is seeing that thank god.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Considering that GM jumped the price on the 6th gen to outrageous when the Mustangs have stayed semi affordable. I can see it happening again.

They had to do a refresh of the refreshed 6th gen. Its literally on its 3rd front end and it looks more like it originally did to begin with because of the lack of sales and complaints.

When you have a 10yr old design (Challenger/Charger) just handing the Camaro its ass in sales then you have a problem and GM is seeing that thank god.
I may not be a fan of GM, but I certainly want their competition. We Ford fans got lucky there were legit gearheads in charge at SVT and had the ear of the Ford family from 2003-2009. Should Camaro disappear and the Challenger/Charger go on unchanged for probably 15 years (lol) then I think Ford would get lazy. Its a different time unfortunately.

Also

**** Jim Hackett.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
1980 here so I feel ya.

So will all C8s be Mid engine or is that a "limited" edition car? I don't keep track of Chevy.

Nope C8 is mid engine period from base to what ever top trim be it ZR-1 or that stupid Zora name most media types have been throwing around for the last 6 months when it concerns the C8

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Damn Tob, you been eating that red meat and squatting lately?

I don’t remember you having this much chest hair.... lol

Restraint went out the window. Tends to happen after being carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey.

I'm a huge fan of the ZL1 1LE and don't want to see it go away. I like to think that car lit a fire under Ford's ass as much as Ford doesn't admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread