7.3 Earthquake in Japan

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Woke up to a few small earthquakes when I was in Okinawa, probably like 3.0 if I had to guess but being woken up by one left my heart pounding the entire day. I've been through a couple bigger ones here in Washington too, 6.4 I think was our last big one, but nothing had me more shook (pun intended) than that small one I jolted awake to.

MG0h3

Established Member
I lived a few miles from the mex border when the 7.2 hit down in Baja.

Was in my FJ cruiser pulling up to a stoplight and felt like I was going over off set speed bumps.

Then I caught all the screaming and saw all the people at the park from Easter Sunday falling over.

Booked it home to make sure everything was ok. Luckily my ZX10R was somewhat close to my Fox and instead of tipping over and totally trashing things, it just knocked a good dent where the handlebar was hitting the car.

Wife was ok too…

We were having 1000s of aftershocks in the following days.

They kind of stair stepped down from the fives but the stuff in the 1-2 range was practically nonstop.

Everywhere I went, whole families were sleeping outside for over a week.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I still to this day every once in a while youtube tsunami videos from the 2011 earthquake off Japan. Some incredible footage.

Is the one in 11 the one that damaged Fukushima, or the one that wiped out thousands upon thousands of people in the southeastern Asian islands?

Whenever that Christmas Eve or New Years Eve (I forget) one hit, that one had some wild video. The real bad stuff won’t ever be seen as the live social media world wasn’t like it is now.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I still to this day every once in a while youtube tsunami videos from the 2011 earthquake off Japan. Some incredible footage.

They pop up on my feed all the time because they are so fascinating to watch. They got like 20min to get their shit together and then all hell broke loose as the water flowed in.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Great,..................how much money we sending over there now?!?!?

Someone ****ing sneezes the wrong way in a foreign land and we send them ****ing money!! Who's gonna send us money when the time comes?!?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Is the one in 11 the one that damaged Fukushima, or the one that wiped out thousands upon thousands of people in the southeastern Asian islands?

Whenever that Christmas Eve or New Years Eve (I forget) one hit, that one had some wild video. The real bad stuff won’t ever be seen as the live social media world wasn’t like it is now.

'11 was Fukushima.
There is incredible footage from the one in southeast asia too but they had no warning at all. Quarter million people killed.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
When? The time has been here for a while yet the feds do zilch yet act post haste when it comes to foreigners. I like both Japan and the Japanese very much but nothing needs to go there.

Users who are viewing this thread