6th Gen ZL1 runs 9.99 @ 140 mph with minimal mods

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have finally gotten over hating myself. I still love you guys!

Pulley, cam, headers, exhaust, cold air, and tires? Not cheap, but not like a whipple swap and it is with the stock fuel system.

Its impressive for sure. Takes some work to get into the 9s. No taking that away. But to me minimal mods is CAI, mid pipe back, pulley, tune. Simple stuff most people can do in there driveway.

You avg joe cant install cams and long tubes.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Solid times but expensive. That car also has a DSX aux fuel kit and flex fuel kit for some sort of E85 mix.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Its impressive for sure. Takes some work to get into the 9s. No taking that away. But to me minimal mods is CAI, mid pipe back, pulley, tune. Simple stuff most people can do in there driveway.

You avg joe cant install cams and long tubes.
This! Hey, that ZL1 is impressive, but that time slip didn't come cheap. Any car can be made to be quicker if you have a big bank account. Definitely not "minimal mods". Far from it! o_O

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Ok, maybe minimal is not percise. The guy just has wheels, tires, and bushings for "drag" mods.

The parts are only a 1/2 of that package cost.

Anyway, I am impressed.

Sorry pony cars got expensive. Lets see GT350's do that. Looking forward to the GT500.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Ok, maybe minimal is not percise. The guy just has wheels, tires, and bushings for "drag" mods.

The parts are only a 1/2 of that package cost.

Anyway, I am impressed.

Sorry pony cars got expensive. Lets see GT350's do that. Looking forward to the GT500.

He's got about $20K into that with the wheels, exhaust, CAI, and $9500 Cunningham stage 3 kit. Cari s fast, but not basic mods or cost. Maybe he got some discount on the stage 3 kit, as it comes with LT's and a CAI?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would say with all the shit I've done to my car what he has is IMO "Minimal Mods". If I only had $20k into mine id surely call it minimal mods.

IDN I'm pretty impressed and personally I think its one the best looking cars out there right now. Especially that Blue one which is F-en Hot!

Surely far more exciting then a new Mustang that looks nothing like a Mustang any longer.

At least the Camaro still looks like a Camaro but yea that price tag is steep for sure!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I would say with all the shit I've done to my car what he has is IMO "Minimal Mods". If I only had $20k into mine id surely call it minimal mods.

IDN I'm pretty impressed and personally I think its one the best looking cars out there right now. Especially that Blue one which is F-en Hot!

Surely far more exciting then a new Mustang that looks nothing like a Mustang any longer.

At least the Camaro still looks like a Camaro but yea that price tag is steep for sure!

you can take a 15+ GT, put a blower on it for $7000 and drag pack$2000 and run faster.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Oh god, here comes "I could run faster in my foxbody with a 410 ci windsor with a 250 shot."

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
you can take a 15+ GT, put a blower on it for $7000 and drag pack$2000 and run faster.

Exactly. You could do the same with the 13-14 mustangs with the auto. My buddy was doing 9.9s on a tvs auto and E85 on his 2013 5.0.

Users who are viewing this thread