6 speed tt

SVTCobra60

Established Member
If im building a car that will see the track a lot and I mean a lot, I would throw a TH400 in the car without thinking twice. But for someone like me, a car that see's more street use than track and not abusing the crap out of it, the 4r would be my choice. aj's car with the 4r is nasty. He still wants me to go for a ride in it but I refuse to go inside. On 12-14lbs that car is scary. Maybe next time I see him at mustang magic ill go for a ride, but I will tell him to put it on very low boost just to feel.

I have been in joeys mustang. mustang magics tuner. He has a twin turbo setup in his mustang 4v swap with a 4r. He rolls around on 10-12lbs on the street and says he barely uses the high boost button lol. lays waste with 10lbs

I'd love to take rides in these cars! I'm right near mustang magic too lol. Never have seen any of them around.

stangfreak

Established Member
I'd love to take rides in these cars! I'm right near mustang magic too lol. Never have seen any of them around.

I have been in all the heavy hitter car's they built. From venomous johns car to snakebite. Now that I am older I think twice about getting in those car's. The twin turbo mach 1 and the twin turbo cobra they built are just stupid fast.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I dont have twins but Im going auto as soon as the funds allow. Im wondering how much out of pocket itll cost to go th400 after i sell all the t56 stuff.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I dont have twins but Im going auto as soon as the funds allow. Im wondering how much out of pocket itll cost to go th400 after i sell all the t56 stuff.

I'd also like to know this! Hopefully someone who did it can give you numbers.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I have been in all the heavy hitter car's they built. From venomous johns car to snakebite. Now that I am older I think twice about getting in those car's. The twin turbo mach 1 and the twin turbo cobra they built are just stupid fast.

Lucky you! What kind of power are these cars making?

fangs99

Established Member
Turbo's are driven by exhaust gases. The 3.27's will put more load on the engine for a longer amount of time than 3.73's, therefore creating more exhaust gases to drive the impeller.

But if I ran 3.27's... My crusing rpm would be to low in 6th gear.
And I'm running more compression so my turbo spools up no problem.

fangs99

Established Member
Well I can't make a 4th gear pull all the way from P'cola to Tampa.... My car is a driver... Not a trailer or garage queen.

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member

After selling my T56 stuff out of pocket was like $2500-$3000 for my Th400 swap. Total was around $5000

But if I ran 3.27's... My crusing rpm would be to low in 6th gear.
And I'm running more compression so my turbo spools up no problem.

So what? You want your cruising RPM to be low in 6th gear. Yes your turbo spools quick with the higher compression, but the 3.27s would help load it up and spool quicker plus have a MUCH more useable powerband, better traction etc etc.

itSSlow98

Established Member
After selling my T56 stuff out of pocket was like $2500-$3000 for my Th400 swap. Total was around $5000

So what? You want your cruising RPM to be low in 6th gear. Yes your turbo spools quick with the higher compression, but the 3.27s would help load it up and spool quicker plus have a MUCH more useable powerband, better traction etc etc.

Thanks for the isnight on the price thats about what I was figuring price wise.

And your right about the gearing, spooling is half the battle, turbo cars do better when they can stay in boost, thats whats great about the powerband of a turbo car, its making its power consistently from say 4k-6500, you dont want it to rev out quickly to its peak like N/A or blower cars.

fangs99

Established Member
My car spends plenty of time in it's power band... 3,500-7,000.... I do want my rpms low when cruising, but not to where it's laggy and I have to down shift for every hill on the hwy...... Besides when I go up to a 28 inch tire... It will be equal to some where between a 3.55 and 3.31.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I'd like to bring this back to the top and get more insight on what people think of 6 speed TT cars

Users who are viewing this thread