6 speed tt

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
AWESOME thread! :) I have a strip terminator 4r70w built by lentech with transbrake, manual valve body, high stall converter, and overdrive. I also have a turbo I'm dropping in and was wondering if it will still be drivable on the street with 700hp on that auto tranny. It's a weekend car.

joel19delta

Insane Vert driver
Established Member
Yea it is not cheap. Its kind of a alot of work as well. I would expect a normal shop to charge somewhere around $1000to install a setup similar to mine.

So you would say around $1k to drop a tranny and install a new one? I have a 5speed I'm trying to swap out next month.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
So you would say around $1k to drop a tranny and install a new one? I have a 5speed I'm trying to swap out next month.

Well there is alot more to it then just removing the transmission and installing another one. You have to make sure the bellhousing is square to the block. TQ converter spacing is correct. You will have to make custom transmission lines and fab a mount for a cooler. Wire up reverse lights, neutral safety switch, speed sensors, transbrake, cooler fan etc. If you do a TH400 you will have to custom mount a shifter, which usually means modifying the center console as well and modify the transmission crossmember for everything to fit properly.

Users who are viewing this thread