6 speed tt

itSSlow98

Established Member
I will say as much as I want to go auto, cruising on the interstate last night at 80mph and 2100rpm it was nice.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
i drove my th400 car over an hour the other day.....no heavy clutch....just being a boss

I realize I should have clarified what I was asking, I was asking about the drivability of a 6 speed TT car!

I will say as much as I want to go auto, cruising on the interstate last night at 80mph and 2100rpm it was nice.

That sounds nice lol

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I don't doubt that, but are they street-able and useful? Lol. I would love to go TH400 for my future car. But I'm most likely gonna have a 6 speed in it at first. Just want to make sure it doesn't suck ass.

There is nothing NON streetable about a TH400 aside from having no OD which is not a big deal. On 28" tires I was around 3000rpms @ 80mph on the highway. Car got awesome gas mileage, can take long trips, trans never overheated and always performed.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
There is nothing NON streetable about a TH400 aside from having no OD which is not a big deal. On 28" tires I was around 3000rpms @ 80mph on the highway. Car got awesome gas mileage, can take long trips, trans never overheated and always performed.

Like I said above I wasn't asking about how streetable a TH400 car is, I was asking how streetable a 6 speed TT car is. But yea I've read posts from you about the TH400 before and your one of the main reasons I'd like to go TH400. How much on top of a built T56 would I be out for a TH400, a full swap.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Turbo 6 speed here. I like it. Auto would probably be faster and more fun. Turbo lag is a problem is you stomp it in the wrong gear. Taking off from a stop is no problem at all.

I've got a wotbox so I probably only drop about 1/2 psi when wot shifting. Tires spin between every gear. For what it's worth I'm shifting at 7300. I wish I would have tried the 4.30s once out before I swapped to 3.55s. :)

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Like I said above I wasn't asking about how streetable a TH400 car is, I was asking how streetable a 6 speed TT car is. But yea I've read posts from you about the TH400 before and your one of the main reasons I'd like to go TH400. How much on top of a built T56 would I be out for a TH400, a full swap.

I have a TT 6-speed car it drives just like stock not a problem at all. I drive it all the time I've been driving it for about 6 months with the new setup no issues at all.

RussZTT

Established Member
I still have the 6 speed with twin 61s for over 2 years now (700rwhp at 15psi). Its fun, drives like stock and its my DD. The T56 is so damn notchy though its hard to slam through the gears. I'm thinking of going auto but I need the OD since I travel with the car too.

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
If money isn't limited, and you want to go auto w/overdrive, why not look into a gear vendors overdrive setup on top of a built auto?

SVTCobra60

Established Member
bumping this back up.
Are the prices you guys are quoting for the swap including labor? I do not have the resources nor knowledge to do the swap myself. I would need to bring it to a shop.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
^^^That's depressing :(. I need to find somebody around here that can help me do an install than.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
^^^That's depressing :(. I need to find somebody around here that can help me do an install than.

Yea it is not cheap. Its kind of a alot of work as well. I would expect a normal shop to charge somewhere around $1000to install a setup similar to mine.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
were you running dual trans coolers? I installed a second one in mine (trans can never be too cold) couldnt get it hot even if i tried cruising 2 hours in the Florida Summer

Users who are viewing this thread