500 rwhp N/A package with Cobra Jet Parts Desired

D.T.R

Established Member
I'd rather have 500RHWP N/A than a paxton.

I have driven many 600rwhp paxton cars...and...they suck.

inbeforeacertainsomeonejumpsinandwestarta30pgdramafest

I do agree with your statement.
I personally would go with Turbo>Spray>PDblower>Centri
The lack of torque on the centri setups really kills them, like you said it feels exactly like a laggy turbo setup.

If i can make the same power N/A, I would always rather go that route due to the simplicity and it being more reliable.
I'd rather have 500whp N/A than 500whp on a turbo setup (even tho I'm a sucker for turbos) because most likely the N/A build will have far less issues than a turbo setup... the only thing that sucks is the price.
A nitrous or turbo car, making the same WHP (forget about tq) will rape a centri making the same WHP.

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
I'd rather have 500RHWP N/A than a paxton.

I have driven many 600rwhp paxton cars...and...they suck.
This is why im going the spray route. Low end torque just blows on centri coyotes (they seemed to all get yanked by shebly's) and Im not in the mood to spend the dough on a TVS.

However a 500whp NA car would be awesome.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
This is why im going the spray route. Low end torque just blows on centri coyotes. Notice all of them getting yanked by shelby's.

Yes, the low end torque of the nitrous will gap the centri car enough to where he won't recover. Ask me how I know. All i had was a lousy 100shot (52 jet) though a fogger kit, and it'd be enough to gap 3 or 4 cars on a 600whp procharged 5.0.

ScotTFO

Established Member

kaane

Established Member
All you people that love PD blowers forget one thing. On the street YOU GET NO TRACTION!

Yes you have that monster tq HIT at 2k RPM and you go nowhere. I have a paxton and I have no traction at 5krpm in 1st and 2nd on R compound Tires. So if I had any more torque it would be even worse. Only place you can hook up is on a prepped track and you can launch at high rpm and the PD blower advantage is nullified.

crfblur

Established Member
I am hoping that someone comes out with a comprehensive package that can take advantage of a bigger (longer duration / higher lift) cam like the Cobra Jet set and the full range of the variable cam timing. To me, the phasor limiters take away the greatest advantage of this motor and its ability to keep up with larger displacement pushrod motors. It will take full knowledge of the PCM to make this an achievable goal. I was thinking / hoping that the Cobra Jet 5.0 tune would eventually be available through Ford Racing to complement the crate motor.

Regardless, I believe we will eventually have the potential for a very streetable 500 rwhp setup with a 5.0 Coyote. I have a 1965 Coupe with a 430 hp 331 and Gforce T5 that is faster but worlds less refined than my 2013 Track Pack GT. I hate to admit it but I love driving my 2013 more as it can be wild or refined depending on my mood.

Appreciate the great links and conversation. Keep it coming!

KidMoney

Established Member
I don't understand why people act like N/A cars are more impressive. What's more impressive about having twice the money in a build and making less HP?

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
Coyote Bolt Ons - Pick-Up Sticks - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Article that 5.0 Magazine did on my car for a tech article. Comp cams, boss manifold, throttle body, headers and off road x, JLT intake, tuned. Daily driven when its decent weather. Almost 32k on the odometer now, forget what was on the odo when we did it last April, but at least 12k. 477rwhp on pump gas. We did the oil pump gears since we were in there and the front cover upgrade as well.

any sound clips?

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Me personally, I'm staying N/A. The quote I got for my motor and motor alone was $13K. Yes, you heard me right but that motor will be able to handle anything I throw at it cause of the upgrades I want done to the motor. It'll be able to handle all the road racing abuse all while still being perfectly streetable. I believe that's a big part of this argument. Some want the streetability that blowers don't offer all the time. As said above, some aren't that great on the streets regardless of the tune.

In the end, it's personal choice. You could always go the turbo route as well if you're worried about streetability and don't want to stay N/A.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
lets clarify some things here:

1. centri car haul ass, the key to to gear them. 3.73-4.30s is a MUST.

2. a N20 coyote is a monster, and nobody seems to see it. my buddy went 10.80s@131 on a intake/BOSS mani/LT/OR X/GT500 mufflers/28 tire and a 100 shot. in fact went 10.80-90's at 128+ a few times.

do NA bolt ons, and spray 150. youll make 600whp+ with PD torque and MURDER everyone. so much so, they will probably lock down the city you live in. for realz

itSSlow98

Established Member
How do you figure? Seems like the Terminator and the GT500's last a while.

Those motors are forged and compression is more suited for boost. Its only a matter of time before the heat and cylinder pressure kill the stock 5.0 pistons. People get away with it on e85 and with meth for a while but trust me they wont have the longevity boosted like 03 cobras and gt500s.

Users who are viewing this thread