500 rwhp N/A package with Cobra Jet Parts Desired

crfblur

Established Member
I am hoping that the aftermarket will shortly have available a stout N/A combo based on the new Cobra Jet parts. Even better would be if Ford Racing would offer as a parts package, but I am not holding my breath. I think this would be a popular package at around $6,000 installed for both drag racers and road racers:
  • Cobra Jet Intake
  • Cobra Jet Throttle Body
  • Corresponding cold air intake
  • Cobra Jet Cams
  • Upgraded valve springs
  • Reluctor wheel / billet oil pump
  • Mid length / full length headers
  • Custom tune with 7700+ rpm limit
  • Full install of components
What do you think? Could it approach 500 rwhp and be daily driver capable?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I am hoping that the aftermarket will shortly have available a stout N/A combo based on the new Cobra Jet parts. Even better would be if Ford Racing would offer as a parts package, but I am not holding my breath. I think this would be a popular package at around $6,000 installed for both drag racers and road racers:
  • Cobra Jet Intake
  • Cobra Jet Throttle Body
  • Corresponding cold air intake
  • Cobra Jet Cams
  • Upgraded valve springs
  • Reluctor wheel / billet oil pump
  • Mid length / full length headers
  • Custom tune with 7700+ rpm limit
  • Full install of components
What do you think? Could it approach 500 rwhp and be daily driver capable?

Not gonna get that for $6000 installed

Last edited:

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Why go through all that trouble when you can get a paxton and have money left over for more parts? Don't get me wrong, 500RWHP is cool...until somebody who spent far less money whooped your ass.

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Coyote Bolt Ons - Pick-Up Sticks - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Article that 5.0 Magazine did on my car for a tech article. Comp cams, boss manifold, throttle body, headers and off road x, JLT intake, tuned. Daily driven when its decent weather. Almost 32k on the odometer now, forget what was on the odo when we did it last April, but at least 12k. 477rwhp on pump gas. We did the oil pump gears since we were in there and the front cover upgrade as well.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Why go through all that trouble when you can get a paxton and have money left over for more parts? Don't get me wrong, 500RWHP is cool...until somebody who spent far less money whooped your ass.

I'd rather have 500RHWP N/A than a paxton.

I have driven many 600rwhp paxton cars...and...they suck.

Nomak

Established Member
How about 520 RW N/A ?

Cost would depend on if you were able to do all the wrenching yourself.

I was planning to go the Paxton route. A couple days ago was talking with a friend about how cool N/A power is and how I would be very happy to hit 500 RWHP with an N/A set up.

Did some looking and I found this thread. I plan to follow this build almost exactly. Will work even better for me as Livernois is local for me and moreover..... I wrench for a living so there will be no labor cost for teardown and reassembly.

He did forged rods and pistons.... I plan to do mine on the stock shortblock.

Anyway... check this out.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...ted-heads-from-where-and-at-what-price.htmlow

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
I'd rather have 500RHWP N/A than a paxton.

I have driven many 600rwhp paxton cars...and...they suck.

images

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
As someone who is currently deciding between a tvs and a paxton/vortech - why do they suck ?

The power is made @ peak. and it feels very laggy when compared to a tvs or a PD blower car.

If you had two cars sitting next to each other, both making that magical 600rwhp but one was a TVS and the other was a Paxton, cost not being an option you would say the TVS was a hell of alot better feeling car to drive.

Don't get me wrong, Im sure someone will throw some Drag strip numbers out there or some dyno graphs or even talk about how great there paxton or procharged car drives, but its worth finding someone local that might have a TVS or whipple setup, and drive it to compare. Who knows you might like the way the centrifugal blowers feel, but to me, it feels like a turbo car that was not setup properly. Im sure you could do something like pulley it way down and put a wastegate setup on it and things would change, but Im talking about bolting it on your car and going like many people do.

Chris

Deranged2013

Established Member
Adam @ Revolution Automotive has a 500+ RWHP NA 5.0. If you want that kind of performance, you may want to follow his build. Stock bottom end, I think. Bad ass car!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
How about 520 RW N/A ?

Cost would depend on if you were able to do all the wrenching yourself.

I was planning to go the Paxton route. A couple days ago was talking with a friend about how cool N/A power is and how I would be very happy to hit 500 RWHP with an N/A set up.

Did some looking and I found this thread. I plan to follow this build almost exactly. Will work even better for me as Livernois is local for me and moreover..... I wrench for a living so there will be no labor cost for teardown and reassembly.

He did forged rods and pistons.... I plan to do mine on the stock shortblock.

Anyway... check this out.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...ted-heads-from-where-and-at-what-price.htmlow

Can you post the mod list? Link doesn't work for me

itSSlow98

Established Member
Adam @ Revolution Automotive has a 500+ RWHP NA 5.0. If you want that kind of performance, you may want to follow his build. Stock bottom end, I think. Bad ass car!

Yep stock bottom end, his car is impressive for a 520rwhp n/a car. It literally drives like stock.

Users who are viewing this thread