500 rwhp N/A package with Cobra Jet Parts Desired

Deranged2013

Established Member
Those motors are forged and compression is more suited for boost. Its only a matter of time before the heat and cylinder pressure kill the stock 5.0 pistons. People get away with it on e85 and with meth for a while but trust me they wont have the longevity boosted like 03 cobras and gt500s.

Couldn't have said it better.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Those motors are forged and compression is more suited for boost. Its only a matter of time before the heat and cylinder pressure kill the stock 5.0 pistons. People get away with it on e85 and with meth for a while but trust me they wont have the longevity boosted like 03 cobras and gt500s.

GT500s are not forged. they use the same type of rods the coyote does. they are just bigger.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
GT500s are not forged. they use the same type of rods the coyote does. they are just bigger.

But they have stronger pistons. Just so you know the weak point of the 5.0 is the pistons not the rods.

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Somebody shoot me if I ever spend 6 grand and I'm still NA.......:bash:

I spent 6 grand and I'm still N/A!!!! T56 magnum with all The upgrades will do that to u!!! It does suck tho that I spent 6k and I'm only making around 460rwhp lol!!! O well at least the tranny should hold up now!

D.T.R

Established Member
All you people that love PD blowers forget one thing. On the street YOU GET NO TRACTION!

Yes you have that monster tq HIT at 2k RPM and you go nowhere. I have a paxton and I have no traction at 5krpm in 1st and 2nd on R compound Tires. So if I had any more torque it would be even worse. Only place you can hook up is on a prepped track and you can launch at high rpm and the PD blower advantage is nullified.

And why would you spend $6k on a PD blower, make a lot of power, and still run street tires (even if they're "R" compound) ?
Run a 275 or 295/60/15 and you'll be putting all that power to the ground and hauling ass.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
I hook up really well with my 305 Nitto 555R Drag Radial on the street! I have 3.73 gears and make over 600+ hp with the TVS. My oem tires were complete trash.

by9468840

Established Member
absolutely agreed!
I drove a vortech charged 11 automatic. It literally feels like stock until about 3500rpm. Never tried a manual with centri but automatic sucked. It very much felt like a turbo lag and the boost wasnt simply there at all below 3.5krpm. I totall understand the drag strip guys running these kits are really enjoying them.. but im sure centri's are more a disappointment for a DD compared to the money invested.

I think those notorious centri blower top end rwhp and torque numbers people keep on posting after dyno runs are so overrated and misleading for average buyers. Most people just compare the peak/torque numbers of a Tvs with centri and go for centri coz it is much cheaper. The result is usually disappointment.

I have recently ordered two Roush TVS tuner kits. Yes i know that paxton are like at $4200 and they come with all the fancy ID injectors, race tune etc. I paid $5200 each for these Roush TVS tuner kits and bought two of them. That extra 2 grand i paid in total is definitely worth for a PD because I know i will get exactly what i want from this investment.

I would highly recommend anyone who is in the market for a supercharger, to try test driving a TVS and Centri blown Mustang before you put down your hard earned money.

The power is made @ peak. and it feels very laggy when compared to a tvs or a PD blower car.

If you had two cars sitting next to each other, both making that magical 600rwhp but one was a TVS and the other was a Paxton, cost not being an option you would say the TVS was a hell of alot better feeling car to drive.

Don't get me wrong, Im sure someone will throw some Drag strip numbers out there or some dyno graphs or even talk about how great there paxton or procharged car drives, but its worth finding someone local that might have a TVS or whipple setup, and drive it to compare. Who knows you might like the way the centrifugal blowers feel, but to me, it feels like a turbo car that was not setup properly. Im sure you could do something like pulley it way down and put a wastegate setup on it and things would change, but Im talking about bolting it on your car and going like many people do.

Chris

by9468840

Established Member
by the way.. guys we can get those sticky Nittos here in Europe. Most street/drag radials you have there are not available here.

I was just recently exploring some usual street brands. Michelins and stuff. Any general consensus on what is the most sticky good quality street tire among the Hankooks, Michelins, Pirellis etc.?

I am waiting for my Roush TVS to be delivered. I will install it in my 3.73 MANUAL GT, with 82mm and 79mm as option. Both tuned by VMP. I guess my manual 3.73 will have some serious grip issues.

I invested a lot of money on the rear axle. I have the complete SVT 3.73 axle assebly.-. CHE reloc lower brackets, UPR Billet Alu LCA, Steeda Competition adjustable UCA. Now all i need is grip!

I hook up really well with my 305 Nitto 555R Drag Radial on the street! I have 3.73 gears and make over 600+ hp with the TVS. My oem tires were complete trash.

by9468840

Established Member
I bought them at cjponyparts. They gave me a discount and $560 dollars worth gift card on top! They got some special program called RPM for collecting points for free purchase. Over 11 grand worth of order gave me a plenty of points for free shopping:)

Last edited:

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up, I'm moving to Germany in mid Aug. looks like I'll be bringing a few sets of DR's with me!:beer:

by the way.. guys we can get those sticky Nittos here in Europe. Most street/drag radials you have there are not available here.

I was just recently exploring some usual street brands. Michelins and stuff. Any general consensus on what is the most sticky good quality street tire among the Hankooks, Michelins, Pirellis etc.?

I am waiting for my Roush TVS to be delivered. I will install it in my 3.73 MANUAL GT, with 82mm and 79mm as option. Both tuned by VMP. I guess my manual 3.73 will have some serious grip issues.

I invested a lot of money on the rear axle. I have the complete SVT 3.73 axle assebly.-. CHE reloc lower brackets, UPR Billet Alu LCA, Steeda Competition adjustable UCA. Now all i need is grip!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I would still love to see a 13:1 comp, bored and sleeved(318+ci), ported heads, custom big cams, full bolton, and E85 NA coyote motor. I would not be suprised if a build like that could hit 600whp NA. That would likely be over a 2hp per CI motor that would be able to drive on the street with little issue.

crfblur

Established Member
I would still love to see a 13:1 comp, bored and sleeved(318+ci), ported heads, custom big cams, full bolton, and E85 NA coyote motor. I would not be suprised if a build like that could hit 600whp NA. That would likely be over a 2hp per CI motor that would be able to drive on the street with little issue.

That would be awesome. Does anybody have some recent hp or track times for the Cobra Jet 5.0? Some articles I have found from last years debut were hinting at 600 flywheel hp potential? I wonder if the 12.5:1 Cobra Jet motor would be 93 octane friendly with the CJ cams and a good tune?

I hope Ford eventually offers the CJ rotating assembly like the current Boss.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
sorry for the off topic post...

I did my research for 6 months before I bought a blower. I went with a centrifugal and i'm more than happy I did. The car makes great power and can actually use it on the street with drag radials. To those saying its weak down low of course it will be. You bring the rpm up to where you want to hit on it. My car made peak torque at 5100rpm and i'm I going to hit on it at 2k...nope. Take it up to 4500rpm and then hit on it.

I'm not knocking at a PD blower at all its just the fact that you cant drive a centrifugal car the same way.

Last edited:

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
Pure fun factor I can see the PD being "more fun" but for the comment about low end torque. Will you ever be below 3.5k when racing?

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Pure fun factor I can see the PD being "more fun" but for the comment about low end torque. Will you ever be below 3.5k when racing?

So we are gonna be in race mode all the time?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
sorry for the off topic post...

I did my research for 6 months before I bought a blower. I went with a centrifugal and i'm more than happy I did. The car makes great power and can actually use it on the street with drag radials. To those saying its weak down low of course it will be. You bring the rpm up to where you want to hit on it. My car made peak torque at 5100rpm and i'm I going to hit on it at 2k...nope. Take it up to 4500rpm and then hit on it.

I'm not knock at PD blower at all its just the fact that you cant drive a centrifugal car the same way.

I dont get the weak low end argument.. I can blow the tires off in 1-3rd at any given moment and my car isnt even running right or tuned. More wheelspin is the last thing Id want

Users who are viewing this thread