5.4 swap intake options?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
What combo would make 600 and would it cost a fortune?

It would cost a fortune and have to be spun to 8k:
13:1
GT heads
Sullivan
billet rods
etc...

500rw is easy and much less expensive.

However, people get cought up in peak numbers but the mean nothing. It's average hp over the desired RPM range that's important. A C headed 5.4 with an Aussie boss or Sullivan intake with 11.5:1cr can make great average power without breaking the bank. It's peak with the Sullivan will be at 500rw or more and the tq at 3000 will still be high.

Last edited:

SilverNotch

Established Member
What about the navigator heads they have larger ports then a c head? I was thinking about either running a coyote intake or my 2001 cobra intake with plates. If i can make 500 to the wheels i might consider it. That would be a fun reliable setup with alot of tire spinning fun. I really want to build the motor myself i think it would be a fun project.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Id love to keep my 01 cobra intake on a 5.4. If not then my buddy lives in austrailia maybe he can get me a boss 290 intake. I just really like the looks of the cobra intake

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Now I see that MMR is making intake plates for adapting coyote intakes on 5.4 dohc. I wonder what size hood it would take to fit a boss 302 intake under a hood on my 01 cobra? I'm also what kind of rwhp a nice high compression 5.4 dohc can make. I'm debating on turbo/sc 4.6 dohc or n/a 5.4 dohc setup.
NA wasn't this your idea? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread