5.4 swap intake options?

blackandblue223

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing a 5.4 swap, but I'm not sure about intake options. I'd like it to clear the stock hood, and so far I haven't found anything that looks like it would.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Stock intake can be widened my MMR for a few hundred or you can try to find the adapter plate that karcraft used to make. (If you want to use C heads).

blackandblue223

Established Member
Actually, yes. Thanks for posting that up. What else do I need to make a navi motor fit under the stock hood and clear the master cylinder and all that? I'm really thinking about the swap, and I'm just trying to get an idea of what I need.

Ironhand

Banned
I make a custom K member to drop the engine down and clear the master cylinder.

It comes with Spring perches and engine mounts.

I fit a 5.4, 03-04 Cobra converstion, and 3.4L whipple under a stock 03-04 Cobra hood.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Here's what you need.
cheadcobrarintake.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
[ame=http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117644]FR500 heads, ported, OS valves and matching custom intake - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club[/ame]

Last edited:

blackandblue223

Established Member
I make a custom K member to drop the engine down and clear the master cylinder.

It comes with Spring perches and engine mounts.

I fit a 5.4, 03-04 Cobra converstion, and 3.4L whipple under a stock 03-04 Cobra hood.

How much for it? And is it a modified stock one or something you make from scratch?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The only intake that will fit under a stock hood is a new 5.0 intake but it requires the alternator to be moved and also some "adapting".

also, GT500 valve covers (along with GT500 timing gears) allow for more clearance.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I could have sworn Sullivan had an intake for the 5.4 with Navi heads? As mentioned, the Boss intake would work great but I'd be curious if it would clear the hood.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^they did...they have been discontinued for a few years...some guy was selling one at mustang week and wanted 1200..i thought he was a little crazy i would of paid half of that..but they are very hard to find but they are out there...goodluck with the swap..i had done it in my 97..

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Sullivan made a 5.4 intake but they've recently gone out of business. There are a few for sale on the forums and they can be gotten for 500-600 dollars.

blackandblue223

Established Member
Well, regardless of the hood issue, what's the best intake to use for the swap? I really want to do an n/a build, but I don't know too too much about it and I'm trying to get more info. I just like the stock look of my car, but if I have to sacrifice some looks for performance I'm okay with that.

Users who are viewing this thread