5.4 4v compound boost gt47-88 with eaton on top

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
No cage or roll bar or chute the track loves my car they tell everyone who wants to see a street car go 150 or better l u have a email i send you some pictures of the car inside and out maybe you can post them for me then thanks Ron

Sure I can do that for you. PM'd you my email.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Here you go bud:

IMAG0375.gif

IMAG0376-1.gif

IMAG0620.gif

IMAG0618.gif

IMAG0622.gif

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
For some ****in reason photobucket won't let me resize the images smaller? I'll try again later.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Here you go bud:

IMAG0375.gif

IMAG0376-1.gif

IMAG0620.gif

IMAG0618.gif

IMAG0622.gif

tumblr_ma1on8m30f1qzls63.gif

You will make more power on turbo alone however, good luck with your install.

Yeah, but the power band will suck (in my opinion.) No doubt you can make tons of power with just a turbo, and it will launch like crazy with a stalled auto or transbrake.

However I don't want to do an auto swap, and my DD is a single turbo. I hate that it feels kind of lazy until the turbo spools. I want to keep that feeling of getting thrown into your seat from the PD blower for a street car. Remember this isn't some all out 1000hp drag car, it's a street car first, and if it just so happens to break into the 9's, well, that would just be a wonderful bonus.

fastmustang70

Established Member
I try to explain that same thing to people all the time but everyone gets caught up on dyno numbers not what the car is build for if its more of a street car they think more power is always quicker down the 1/4 which is always ture if your only making that higher power for a very short time in the power curve.

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Awesome setup! Also curious on IATs. Next step should be direct injection nitrous just to bring down the IATs and allow you to run more boost. :)

fastmustang70

Established Member
compressions at 9.1 am just not a big of an of e85 you burn 3times as much and you need to go over kill on the fuel system i just turn the boost all the way down on my car and put 93 in it well i dd drive it only thing is when you turn the boost down feels like someone stole your engine lol

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
compressions at 9.1 am just not a big of an of e85 you burn 3times as much and you need to go over kill on the fuel system i just turn the boost all the way down on my car and put 93 in it well i dd drive it only thing is when you turn the boost down feels like someone stole your engine lol
On the other h and, that's the beauty of E85. You can turn the boost controller all the way down or all the way up with no issues.

fastmustang70

Established Member
i talk to vmp about putting there blower on the car some well see might be a winteg tr project right now am changing those little baby 2 1/2 intake cold pipeing to 4in see if the makes more power at the same boost level and turn up the boost a little more am smelling 8s knocking at my door

cobrasvt57

Established Member
the best thing is you'll be in the 8s with a full weight non auto car. 8s is fast but what makes it better is the car isn't gutted and automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread