5.4 4v compound boost gt47-88 with eaton on top

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Good to know on the rpm drop, I thought maybe I had like the tell tale beginnings of a bad cylinder, compressions still above 175 in all 8 though from what I remember a few weeks back. I think healthy is 180 but I mean 5psi isn't a game changer.

I'm averaging anywhere from 10-25mpg depending if its aggressive low speed city cruising or 40 mile high way at 1400rpms. Gear wise what are you running and how's your mpg? I want to try and change a few things to up the city mileage but I think I just have so much injector that its a lost cause.

fastmustang70

Established Member
i dont pay to much to gas mileage casue when am driving that car around it is alomost impossible for me to not have my foot in the gas i would just say around 23 when am on a long highway drive

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Good stuff, that's good considering you e probably got a bit of fuel in the low rpm tables given the sc can need it for safety.

cobrasvt57

Established Member
Hot cars

Good stuff, that's good considering you e probably got a bit of fuel in the low rpm tables given the sc can need it for safety.

WOW two of my most favorite cars together exchanging setup info.
tt335 guess who just started purchasing 5.4 stuff ;) My only thing now i'm hell bent on finding a gt500 aluminum block. Also i have plans to make my setup high compression setup and sizing a set of precision cea turbos along with a custom water/air setup and intake. oh yeah i also have a set of 3.08s for my irs rear i'm building also lol. I'm taking a little while for mine because this is the last time i'm building this car this is round three for this snake.I've got other projects in the garage waiting.
Anyway good luck to you both and i hope i have some pics up soon of my setup.Happy holidays.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hell ya cobrasvt, these 5.4, 5.4 alluminum and 5.8 builds are so great, it's awesome to see them as they progress and become more badass because everybody always goes 11/10ths, really good stuff.

I can't think of many motors beside fords forged 4.6 and more so 5.4 modulars that can handle 1000hp with stock long blocks, it's great seeing us all build these already stout mills with ridiculously capable internals, power adders etc and best of all is they don't break, throw bearings, get stuck valves or blow head gaskets every 1 thousand miles like the "venerable" rb26/28's, LS1/2/3/6/7 etc, 2jz's, b13's etc etc etc.

It's good times to be a ford fan, these are heydays guys, way to go above and beyond with these awesome builds.

Your build will be epic man, a little e85 to counter the compression (10.5/1 maybe?), 20~psi on some 64-67/62-64's, and you'll be seeing the high side of 1100whp easy.

Sorry to get all uppity but I love hearing/seeing the 5.4/5.8 get the attention it deserves.

cobrasvt57

Established Member
Checking in 2KR cylinder heads Check Carrillo Billet Rods Check 2013 gt500 low mile crank take out Check now i'm looking an intake solution which i think i have a lower lined up but the Aluminum block is going to kick me in the ball i think.

Users who are viewing this thread