5.4 4v compound boost gt47-88 with eaton on top

laruei

Established Member
Twin Focus pumps and TWIN BAPS?! i have never heard of twin baps..

What kinda fuel are you running?

fastmustang70

Established Member
Am more then happy with the setup and it looks cooler when you pop the hood lol just have to decide if i want to bite the bullet and buy new slicks this late in the season for to see if i can put the car maybe in the 8s cause my slicks are two years old be good for some that has a 10 sec. car to hook on but not when your trying make a new set up hook you always start with new tires.

yan88gt

Established Member
You now have a 5.4 with stock blower and lower pulley right ??? Any idea what is the boost from the turbo before the blower or do you know the boost on blower only without the turbo ??

fastmustang70

Established Member
the blower is pullied stock so 8psi i the motor is seeing total of 23-24 psi with the compound so i know i can run a couple more pounds of boost when the time is right

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
There's a formula to figure out how much is coming from the turbo. Without computing it, the boost from the turbo alone is relatively small-I would guess 10 PSI or less. Just a guess. So the total boost will go much higher if you want it to.

yan88gt

Established Member
well from the PD blower boost calculator found on MF the stock pullied eaton on a 5.4 would only see 4.7psi at sea level. You need to multiplie the preassure ratio to know the total boost. In this case, we have approx. 4.7 psi from the blower and 14.5 from the turbo. (4.7 +14.7) / 14.7 = 1.31 is the preassure ratio of the eaton (14.5+ 14.7) / 14.7 = 1.98 is the preassure ratio of the turbo. Now you have to multiplie the preassure ratio (1.31 x 1.98x14.7) -14.7 = 23.4 psi total boost.

The reason why i think this set up work so well with such low boost (compared to other compound set up) is the fact that it's a 5.4 and that the eaton only push 4.7 psi wich doesn't multiplie the boost from the turbo as much as a 4.6 seeing 8 psi from the eaton. On a 4.6 with 8 psi from the eaton and 14.5 from the turbo, the total boost would be around 30 psi.

EDIT: those calculation are only correct at sea level with 14.7 atm.

Last edited:

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
So it seems my guess was about right assuming the Eaton was putting out 8 PSI. But from what you are saying, it's not. Interesting...

It would be fun to play with pulleys and turbo boost to get the optimum set-up.

At only 14.5 PSI from that turbo, it is capable of a lot more.

yan88gt

Established Member
let say that we slow down the eaton from 4.7 to 3.5 psi and increase the turbo output to 20 psi. We would have around 28 psi. I'm sure that with the 88mm at 20 psi, it would be well over the 1000 rwhp mark wich i think is excellent for 28 psi with stock cam and heads.

fastmustang70

Established Member
what the best part is the car is not a dyno queen for rwhp numbers it shows it at the track for sure the boost is going to be turned up but my tuner said we need to be putting that car on 116 cause it will be making stupid power right know thoe where going to get it dailed it the way she is

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Just thought I'd share what this thread has inspired me to do. Just a quick test fit while I had the radiator out for work-
P1000409_zps7d9b0f6d.jpg

fastmustang70

Established Member
Hit the track again this weekend i need new slicks am not 60ft worth of a dam 1.47 60ft car was going 1.36 before with the old set up but the tries where new that year not two year old car still went faster 9.26 at 151.73 this car for sure just with a better 60ft will for sure go teens or 9.0s might need a few more psi for 8.9s i had them weight the car stills weights 3840 with me in it so the bigger turbo and 5.4 dont weight much more then my old set up i firgured the car would be up to 3940 for those adds over my old set up put must only like be 20 lbs cause i lost 20lbs myself lol

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Did you get any vids at the track? Can you post some pics of the whole car and interior? Do you have a full cage to go 8's and a chute?

fastmustang70

Established Member
No cage or roll bar or chute the track loves my car they tell everyone who wants to see a street car go 150 or better l u have a email i send you some pictures of the car inside and out maybe you can post them for me then thanks Ron

Users who are viewing this thread