5.0 Turbo build w/CPR's prototype kit!!! Warning: Pic heavy!!!

CPRsm

Thanx Sean. I tell you what, on top of the repetition of switching out components, making new parts it would have been easier to call it "good enough" that's for sure. Certainly would have been a shit ton cheaper LOL!!! Different cores, wastegates and multiple turbos at 2k ea gets pricey in a damn hurry.

when is it going to the track ?
Not sure if this one will go again before it leaves or not. Went 102 in the 1/8 on pump and about 7-8psi. Added race gas, boost, 200ft/lbs and 200hp then it slipped and slid to 105 in a stadium parking lot LOL. I've had that problem there before. Ran the same mph in my GT500 at 650 or 850rwhp. Like to take it back to a real track and see what it does but I have most of the data I need. We fixed the cam timing problem and figured out the "knock" we were seeing. But we'll see. Leave the real abuse the customer. If I get a chance I'll try for some mph runs.

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Yeah, working on some bianary code for the tune since the O2's were moved. Only right way to do it. Car has made a ton of power so far. 730ft/lbs and 760rwhp. Makin 700ft/lbs by 4100! Made a change to the intercooler. It is now 1296cu/in from a Garrett core, and should be the largest on the market by over 200cu/in. Another kit to Florida with an air to water intercooler. Hoping for 9's on the stock engine with him.

That sir, is nucking futs!!! :beer: awesome!!

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Thanx Sean. I tell you what, on top of the repetition of switching out components, making new parts it would have been easier to call it "good enough" that's for sure. Certainly would have been a shit ton cheaper LOL!!! Different cores, wastegates and multiple turbos at 2k ea gets pricey in a damn hurry.

In the end it will be all worth it, especially when all the others will be trying to figure out how to catch up. On a side note, I'm potentially relocating to the SoCal area soon, flying out for an interview next week. If I do, beers will be necessary.:beer:

CPRsm

Hells yes man. Ask for another 20k more than you make now for so you can afford the gas out here and tolerate the stupidity. We can drink here. Shannon loves the joint and demanded to be brought back to this restaurant. Evend threatened me w physical violence if we didn't go. I take all the outta towners here. Have to love red meat though, a lot. It just keeps coming and coming.
image-12.jpg

CPRsm

Yeah, goes under the car, but with room to spare. This is a GT500 w a TT kit. Down pipes done exacly the same as these. Oval tubing run under a custom k member.

gt500groudclearance029.jpg

gt500groudclearance030.jpg

This is a modifed BMR k member. Except the coyote stuff doesn't use the stock engine mounts. That was also custom to allow the headers to go down and forward. Kept the engine heat down low in the engine bay also.
gt500kmember001.jpg

gt500kmember004.jpg

keoni1984

Established Member
And the thread is alive again lol.
In the end it will be all worth it, especially when all the others will be trying to figure out how to catch up. On a side note, I'm potentially relocating to the SoCal area soon, flying out for an interview next week. If I do, beers will be necessary.:beer:
Definitely going to be worth it. And if you do go to Cali, listen to Dustin and hit up that Brazilian steak restaurant. SOOOO damn good! I think I ate my body weight in the most delicious steak ever... a couple times.

Any pics of how the exhaust runs? It looks like it will run under the K member.
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
I should have taken some better photos, but the clearance with this kit is awesome. No worries about scraping. This photo shows how the exhaust runs, but has provisions for the cut outs.
photobucket-2772-1348537207271.jpg

CPRsm

O2's all setup now and took it out to the 1/4. First pass shifting about 62-6500 @ 8.5 psi was 131 out the back. Race gas is in now and added 4 deg. New intercooler worked well. 12deg rise at the stripe. Worked real good like! 2.08 60 so we won't mention the whopping 11.4 ET :)

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
O2's all setup now and took it out to the 1/4. First pass shifting about 62-6500 @ 8.5 psi was 131 out the back. Race gas is in now and added 4 deg. New intercooler worked well. 12deg rise at the stripe. Worked real good like! 2.08 60 so we won't mention the whopping 11.4 ET :)

That car is very impressive. Nice meeting you today out there. So smooth down the track!

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dwhite343

Established Member

What type of wheel and tire set up were you using?

CPRsm

19's up front and 15 dark stars out back on drag radials. The radials is why I'm taking it easy on the 60. Gonna turn it up a bit on launch. 2.0 is a bit too easy. But not looking for 1.5's. The bog takes us to 1500 :(

That car is very impressive. Nice meeting you today out there. So smooth down the track!

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Thanx man. Thanx for stopping by. Nice to put faces to names and bullshit.

CPRsm

My bad. Thought they were staggered w 20's out back. She'll run 10's easy for you on slicks and the nuts sack to hit the driveline. Lol
11.1 w a 1.92 @ 132.99
Bumped the two step and added a few deg this time. See what happens.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread