5.0 Turbo build w/CPR's prototype kit!!! Warning: Pic heavy!!!

Shaun@AED

DustinCPRTurbo_zps5899d5c3.jpg

CPRsm

Shuddup you lol!! I was already running late as it was to drive up north. That thing is such a tight fit. Didn't have time to take the turbo off to do it right.

That's again for the help Shaun. Adam made that kung fu look too easy lol. Learned a few tricks while there myself to make this easier. Oh, found your drain hose in the car this morning.:nonono:

So we played on Shauns dyno a bit Saturday and pushed the car. Sitting on the dyno with no turbo blanket, no fans, inlets rose 3.5 degrees. And only 12 at the track? I don't think any othe company can make that boast. Cept maybe nitrous lol Pretty stoked about that though.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Looks like the turbo is falling off pretty hard up top. That's surprising considering you're running a boss intake. Any ideas why? Or are you not concerned?

Congrats on 10s the first time out though. That's gotta feel good.

CPRsm

Looks like the turbo is falling off pretty hard up top. That's surprising considering you're running a boss intake. Any ideas why? Or are you not concerned?

Feels pretty good. Shaun was probably laughing at me pretty good. Had one those smiles on you couldn't smack off with a sock full of rocks.
Not too terribly worried about it. Still almost 500ft/lbs at 7k. And sure didn't feel like it was dropping before the shift. Going to go back to my dyno and check the numbers again. The cam timing is finally doing what it's told for the most part. At least down low. Looks like we picked up a bunch of torque by eliminating overlap finally. We are losing a bit up top just from what we know about the effects of intake position on upper rpm power. One bank goes off into la-la land by about 8-9 deg. That's an easy 30-40rwhp from what we've seen. (Cut in half since it's only one bank.) These are problems we've been ironing out. Nothing with the kit per say. But software/mechanical quirks w the car to get it down the track. Shaun fixed the cam timing on the shifts. No way in hell it would have run that ET or MPH without that fix. Even flat shifting the car nosed over til the cams came back around after the clutch re-engaged.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

Looks like you picked up a mustang... Nice!

On a side note... Dustin hurry up with my parts! :banana:

keoni1984

Established Member
IMG955403_zpsfee20ea1.jpg

IMG955035_zps7e894738.jpg

McLeod RXT and lightened steel flywheel going in!

Edit: Gonna be doing a little kung-fu on the MT-82 as well... :burnout:

Last edited:

keoni1984

Established Member
Basically what Adam at Revolution Automotive does to the MT-82's... Cryo treating the gears, input shaft, welding the shift forks, replacing any worn parts/bearings, possibly doing carbon fiber synchros, etc.

Some pics of the stock clutch. It actually looks decent and held up pretty well.

IMG950409_zps14e5a6e8.jpg

IMG951138_zps8e521370.jpg

IMG950301_zps3ec05d11.jpg

IMG957688_zps79c7813d.jpg

CPRsm

Surprised to see the clutch was that nice. Gave up the ghost on the dyno when loaded and trying to push it. Slipped at about 4500 or so when the dyno was loaded. Never did smell anything, caught it quick. But still expected to see something lol.

Users who are viewing this thread