5.0 F-150 project

5.0Fix

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments! go-on3, If I had a 2wheel drive truck id have to copy yours lol

mystickb1996

Established Member
Damn man stepping up!! You weren't just talkin, lol those headers look amazing and with the CJ setup its going to be a beast.. fill us in when all is installed

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
Looks great. I like the white letters out look.....maybe I'm old school, that was how we did it.

I got a new F150 5.0 a few months ago. You just cannot beat the V8 sound. The EB is cool but I would worry about them down the road. There has been a lot of talk on the forums about carbon build up with higher mileage EB engines.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
a lift kit on a 2wd reg cab truck? :dw: Sorry, not my cup of tea, looks fugly and disportionate.

This. 2wd=lower, 4wd=lift. It looks like a matchbox car with the lift kit.

2/4 drop kit with some Bilstiens on the same 20" wheels with the factory tires. Add blower, long tubes, converter and enjoy.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Truck looks good with the new wheels/tires. Any reason you didn't just go with one of the blower kits? Would think it's a better option for towing, street duty, etc.

B0B

Established Member
Looking really good. The headers and intake will wake it up a lot. I'm surprised of all the crap I got for that ecoboost comment but it's all in good fun. I drove both before I bought the ecoboost. I definitely love the coyote and have always had a v8 or bust attitude. I got the ecoboost because of the low end torque. It outperforms the 5.0 while towing without any sort of room for argument. it sounds like ass, but I average 19.8mpg to and from work and 21 on the freeway and it tows my jeep and boat without struggling and searching for gears. If it was a toy, I would have gone 5.0, but it's a truck and gets used as a truck. If I want to go fast I will just drive the Mach

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Nice truck. I also dig letters out, looks cool imo. I have an ecoboost and love it. Plus once my warranty is up it is cake to squeeze another 50-60hp and 100lb/tq out of them with your basic round of bolt ons and tune. Dont see those gains on the 5.0, honestly either engine is a great choice though.

5.0Fix

Established Member
Alright... After 10hrs and lots of thinking 'wtf did I get us into' dad and I got the ARH headers on, high flow cats with Magnaflow 3" dump before the axle. Getting the factory exhaust off was a mother but the ARH quality is simply the best. Dad and I've installed Bassani, JBA and Kooks but this exhaust is fn awesome! Couldn't be happier with the fit and the sound is perfect! I'm bragging right now but it is. It's a daily driver so I didn't want real loud. Idle is quite but deep and throttle tip in is crisp and throaty, I'll get a vid tomorrow and post. Still waiting on the custom 5" cold air though :-/ . My understanding is its BGracing's design that Rev Auto builds for him. Should have been here today so hopefully it'll show up Monday. Tomorrow's plan is to go ahead and install the Cobra Jet intake and TB tomorrow, factory class III hitch, drain rear axle fluid and paint the rear end. Thanks for the comp's and following!

Last edited:

hi-rev

ScreaminCoyote
Established Member
the rev auto intake is a very nice piece i have one sitting here at my house, i got the very first one ever made from brad at bgracingparts.com

5.0Fix

Established Member
Hi-rev, your right about that! A big thanks to Brad @ BGRACING! I've bought all my performance parts off him for this project and will continue to. He's called me up 2 or 3 times on a Weekend just to make sure my truck was running good and I was happy. He's a great guy to deal with!
On to the truck, ARH long tubes, with Magnaflow Pro dumped
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520002.141674.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520033.468619.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520052.317079.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520070.226329.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520103.677055.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread