Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520723.108002.jpg
During
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520758.651090.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520783.019051.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520798.008782.jpg
After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412520820.328175.jpg
It was a long night but we finally got it in after trying I don't know how many times. You can see I did my best to keep the insulation on the fire wall to try and keep a factory appearance. It will not go in with out removing the insulation and taking a 2lb dead blow to the cowl. The three tabs the BOSS guys say to hammer in didn't do it. Had to hammer in about another 1/8" concave into the cowl and then it'll fit only one way. After I finally got it dropped in from an hour of trying I checked and found that one of the intake gaskets had come lose... after about another hour we finally got her bolted in. Hi-rev, I started on the passenger side cutting the insulation at a 45 deg going back then cut straight going over towards the driver side and rolled it up next to the brake booster. After it's installed you can wiggle the insulation back into place. Need to extend a wire today and a heater hose then just waiting on the cold air.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Alright... After 10hrs and lots of thinking 'wtf did I get us into' dad and I got the ARH headers on, high flow cats with Magnaflow 3" dump before the axle. Getting the factory exhaust off was a mother but the ARH quality is simply the best. Dad and I've installed Bassani, JBA and Kooks but this exhaust is fn awesome!

drain rear axle fluid and paint the rear end. Thanks for the comp's and following!

After seeing the pictures, that does look like a mother.

Also, the rear end should have factory motorcraft full syn. The front has "premium" motorcraft, whatever that is. Not as good as synthetic my guess is.

5.0Fix

Established Member
Alright, just talked to Brad and the intake should be here within the next few days. Ended up and didn't have to extend any wires just a heater hose, a few vacuum lines and made one simple bracket to hold a sensor. I'll update with some pics soon.

hi-rev

ScreaminCoyote
Established Member
how did the throttle body wire in, and what bolts did you use for your coil covers to fit on cause i cant find any that work with mine to sit all the way down, did the bolt for the throttle body come with the throttle body or the manifold

Last edited:

5.0Fix

Established Member
I just picked up '14 with those same wheels. What size tires are those BFG AT's?

I think the factory size is 275/55-20. I went with 275/65-20 from Discount Tire. They're a 34" tall tire. Not much louder than factory but they are a lot heavier. I did a SCT tune at the same time and my mileage stayed the same so i can't complain. The truck also has a leveling kit on it.

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Awesome thread and I really like that you're going the route you have as i've wondered what a 5.0 truck would do with the similar mods.

Nice truck and you made the right choice ! But couldn't disagree more with this guy...

Eco-boost trucks have tons of issues !!! My 5.0 truck makes 520 rwhp and gets 25.2 mpg on the highway without sounding like a bumble bee ")

2014-08-08171130-1_zps52ece6fb.png

20140818_214455-1_zpscf6799a7.jpg

2014-08-07061328_zps554f20d2.png

You and I both know you hit reset, let off the gas going down a hill and got that number, we've all done it so no shame in it but back to reality unless you're driving down a mountain you won't ever see that mpg in real life over a tank of fuel. So check that bullshit at the door. For what you spent on your mods and what I have spent on mine in my bumble bee sounding v6 it's crushing you in every way for what someone who will use and abuse a truck like these. You're definitely making more power, no doubt. I changed my plugs, added a cai and plugged in a tuner. Took me about an hour and it's something I don't ever worry about anymore. If I didn't drive my truck as much as I do i'd much rather have a v8 5.0 with a blower on it, but then I ask myself why I wouldn't just spend the money on a go fast car and that's why I went with the Ecoboost, it's by far the easiest and most maintenance free truck vs power you can possibly get into. I'd love to know what your track times are as well.

No more high jacking of this thread, would love to also know how this truck picks up with the mods you did!

5.0Fix

Established Member
Seems to be a bit of talk about Eco Boost and fuel economy which isn't my main concern but figured id fill you in. I've put 4,000mi on this truck so far (it has 25,000 total) and have averaged 17.9mpg so far. That's a combination of highway, city, towing and triple digit blasts :p . I do mainly country driving though which is pretty easy on the fuel. My best tank was my last one at 18.8 and that's calculated out, not what the dash says. Ive found the dash to be .2-.5 high every tank usually. Mind you this is with heavy ass 34" AT tires. I've found that the dash monitor turns me into kind of a grandpa behind the wheel but their isn't one tank that i go through where it doesn't hit 115 at least 2-3 times lol. With just a 93 octane tune this truck will downshift and pull hard to 115. I decided to go NA because this engine runs so good as is and i just can't justify the $. I priced out a ROUSH TVS with a custom dyno tune and id have had over 7k in it if not 8 by the time i was done. I have just over a third of that in the CJ set up. Also, anyone can bolt on a blower but how many people have you seen running a CJ on a truck? Lol, I like being different :) That being said I'm still waiting on the cold air so i can fire her up.. Hopefully ill have updated pics and vids soon

Last edited:

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Great looking truck! You've done some tasteful mods for sure. In for the vids.

Last edited:

5.0Fix

Established Member
Got the intake yesterday and I think it's safe to say a cat would fit through it no problem lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413159714.378135.jpg
Had to cut a decent amount out of the air box, even then it's really tight but it all fits. I was in a hurry so yes I will take the stickers off the clamps and line them up better soon.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413159846.414640.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413159866.778227.jpg

5.0Fix

Established Member
Big thanks to Brad at BGRACINGPARTS. The truck fires up and runs great, idles like stock around 600rpm and drives really nice till you crack the throttle and unleash that coyote. The exhaust sounds really nice at idle and cruising. At wide open its a little on loud side for me but I was planning on Dyna-matting the cab this winter anyway :) . Having a problem uploading the vids so I'll try again tomorrow.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Nice truck, so are you done with the engine at this point? I like the leveling kit and w/t tire combo gives it a nice stance. Is ur attention turning to the cab now since you mentioned sound insulation?

hi-rev

ScreaminCoyote
Established Member
man engine bay looks clean, cant wait till i get my manifold, that cold air is deffenatly a thing of beauty, how do you like the performance of it

5.0Fix

Established Member
Truck runs great, definitely more power i just might have to change the cat back eventually idk. Everyone says it sounds good but WOT is pretty radical lol. My old man has a sweet Bassani side exit off his Lightning that i might look at having modified to fit my truck. If the $ is there next year i might do CJ cams and springs, at this point thats the only difference between my engine and a mustangs is the cams. Next on the list is Dyna-Mat the interior, upgrade the speakers and factory back-up camera :)

hi-rev

ScreaminCoyote
Established Member
the other differnce our trucks have than the mustangs is the compression ratio, mustangs have 11:1 and trucks have 10:1, and we also have the tranny cooler like a boss 302 and a regular gt does not

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Good stuff man! I'm about to place an order on a 5.0 '15 rcsb and can't wait to start playing with it!

Users who are viewing this thread