426 mile MC vert on eBay

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
So the delima for the new owner would be drive it or keep it as is. I don't think I would drive it. I know they're meant to be driven, but that's too low mileage to start cruising it now.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Yeah I couldn't make myself drive that much. I'd feel terrible putting miles on it b/c every single mile counts when it's that low.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I see on the Drummond Motorsports website the mileage says 386. Nice Cobra, for sure, but man, that's rich money.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
50k would be too high even if it was a 0 mile wrapper. Now, it might as well be driven enough to keep it functional anyway. If the miles are kept extremely low, I see value. But not 50k.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I really dont feel price is high..

Its more than list..but i recall ford lowered the price in 03 to piss off camaro..

Its not an R type but its 1 hell of a car for sure

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
The lowest mileage / best kept examples of just about any car will pull silly money. Sure the market is small for such cars but those few buyers are willing to pay as they build their collections. If it sells for $45-50k that's what it is worth. Now....driving such an example any more than occasionally would be a bad financial decision.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
When I bought my MC in 2015 with 16 miles on it was the 2nd happiest car day of my life. When I sold it a year later with 347 miles that was the happiest car day of my life. Owning one like that is nothing but stress. You want to drive her then feel guilty about it. Selling was absolutely the right call for me. Although I was tempted to bid until I saw the $52k asking price on their website.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Imagine buying it for asking price and getting into an accident while driving it. I wouldnt be able to live with myself!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I agree the car is way over priced. As for driving/not driving, I say drive it, but only occasionally. If you never plan to sell the car, who cares about adding modest miles. I bought my 2000 Cobra R last fall with 750 miles on it. I just rolled over 900 miles driving it to Oreilly's a couple days ago. I never plan to sell the car, so I don't need to preserve it or it's value for the next guy. The next guy(s) are my kids and it will still be a low-mile example when they get it some day, but I will have sparingly enjoyed it along the way, guilt free.

If I bought the low-mile Mystichrome vert, I'd drive it around town periodically.

Users who are viewing this thread