$39,090

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
To compare, our 99 SS with cloth, no options, and base stereo stickered at $32k.

That doesn't sound right at all...I got the window sticker with my WS6 and it was under $32K fully loaded, (leather, monsoon, traction control, keyless, etc).

Edit: nevermind missed that yours was a vert, the verts had a lot higher MSRP. The 2011 Camaros will be available in a Vert, with the same options as your coupe I'm willing to be the MSRP will be around $40K.

checam_cnvt_10_1_cd_gallery.jpg

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
not a real big problem with that payment, i was paying $530/mo on my 03 Cobra when i financed $25k.

Plus remember, youre still talking about financing straight up MSRP with no down and no negotiating skills. You need to find invoice and work up from that, till you get to a number where both parties are comfortable on. Even if they sold the car at invoice theyll still make money. Hard part, is they really DONT need your sale at this point, that car is gonna move regardless if you buy it or not.

Homes in the $100k range will have a $600 mortgage but after insurance and whatnot, youre still looking at a $900 house payment.

I can afford to make a $600 a month payment, but i don't because it is stupid. I don't finance depreciating items. It is hard build wealth when $600 a month of your income is going to pay for a depreciating car. If I don't have the cash set aside, I don't buy. I used to sell cars, and I can tell you that the majority of people don't come in with a good down payment or good credit, and most of them come in with a car they are already upside down in. All of their negotiating power is lost because they need the dealer more than the dealer needs them

The only thing you are right about, is that they don't need my sale this year. After the newness wears off, they will be slashing the prices.

Actually my first house was right at $100k, with taxes and insurance my payment was $670 a month. I live in coastal area so my insurance is going to be more expensive than most.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Exactly.......You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a loaded Convertible with premium interior, a shaker 1000 stereo, touchscreen navigation, sync, 19inch wheels, etc, etc you're going to have to pay for it!
oh i totally agree but this is a mustang, not a Benz or BMW which you can find for around the same price used with less then 20K on them

redblazerx

Established Member
It is pretty hard to stomach the fact that a base gt will cost you a $500 a month payment and a base gt vert will be over $600 a month. I read somewhere that a vert is a $5000 option. In 04 a vert was somewhere in the $2-3k range. Then you have to add another $200 a month for insurrance. Buying a new mustang gt is in the same payment range as a buying a home or condo in the low $100s range.

My payment is $453 with 0% financing. We traded my wife's fusion in on it. But I did get a 2010, still not a bad car. I think everything was like 32K. Also, insurance went down for some reason. I was paying $98 per month on her fusion and a saturn, now its like $83 a month.

Last edited:

'95yellowGT

Established Member
u can build one on ford's website for $31k out the door......atleast thats what ford's website leads u to believe

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
I would figure after 40+ years of making a Mustang, economies of scale would have made them just about as cheap as dirt.

tistan

Established Member
My payment is $453 with 0% financing. We traded my wife's fusion in on it. But I did get a 2010, still not a bad car. I think everything was like 32K. Also, insurance went down for some reason. I was paying $98 per month on her fusion and a saturn, now its like $83 a month.

$453 a month for 72 months. Congratulations on getting a car loan that will keep you upside down. I doubt you will see 0% financing for a long time on 2011 mustangs.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
My brand new 1990 Mustang GT Convertible....20 years ago.
The good ole days.
f9p0ch.jpg

Your $20,000 back in 1990 has the same buying power as $34,000 today...looks like the prices of Mustangs are on par with the times to me. :??:

Love me some inflation and funny money!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
inflation means nothing when peoples pay checks have not kept up and they have not, everyone knows that therefore just because prices are similar between decades doesnt mean incomes are

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
inflation means nothing when peoples pay checks have not kept up and they have not, everyone knows that therefore just because prices are similar between decades doesnt mean incomes are

No shit, Sherlock. What I'm saying is, when adjusted, that $20,000 in 1990 has the same buying power as $34,000 in today's economy. $20,000 for a GT then, $34,000 for one now is about on par. Your dollar isn't worth nearly as much as in the past BECAUSE of inflation, which is created by our lovely government printing more funny money. :bored:

And yes, incomes now are higher than they were in 1990...and if you're expecting a Mustang GT to be ~$20k today, then you're just retarded.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member

Your insurance went down because the crash data is still new for what you bought. Once the idiots start smashing them up your rates will climb.

When I bought my Cobra the insurance was less than for a GT. After a year the rates went up because of the payouts the insurance company was making.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I understand the prices are keeping up with the inflation rate. I still cannot stomach paying over 30k for any vehicle...period. Especially not paying over 30k for a Mustang at that.

I love em, we have several, but I can't point to a single vehicle we own that was worth the asking price when new.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I am obviously a Mustang guy but there are MANY other cars I would buy for $39k instead of a Mustang.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Speaking of which has anyone priced a 4wd, F150 lately? With the 5.4 and either SC or SCrew, ~$35000, with the average options that a person would want, they're around 40K!

tistan

Established Member
I priced out f150s last year, and decided to keep my lightning. The crew cab I wanted with leather, 4x4, and sunroof was $48k. My bosses 08 f250 diesel 4x4 with all the options had the same sticker price as the 10 f150, and diesel motor is something like an $8k option. I was reading motor trend the other day and they had a maxed out option king ranch f250 diesel verses a maxed out dodge ram Laramie 2500 diesel, the king ranch had a $64k sticker and the dodge had a $52k sticker.

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
I am obviously a Mustang guy but there are MANY other cars I would buy for $39k instead of a Mustang.

I don't ever see myself driving any other car besides a mustang. My dad had a 89gt, 93gt and I have had 3 myself.

I bought a 2002 gt for 24,500 when I was 20 on my credit alone and the payment was 450 and that was an easy payment to make. Now there mid 35,000 loaded to what you prefer. So I would say the 11's are gonna be driven by the older crowd or bought by daddy for there spoiled children. 50% is the only amount I would put down if I were gonna buy a new car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread