$39,090

goingup

Established Member
That is the Msrp of a 2011 Mustang GT premium vert at my local dealer.

I now feel like I'm a old person because that price seems so high to me.
Younger members does that price seem like a fair price to you?

Never_Enough

Established Member
$40k for any Mustang is insanity.

What happened to these being affordable pony cars?!

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Sad part is people will pay for them regardless if they have the money or not. It is the cool thing to have at the moment. Not me...I rather pay a few more grand for a C6...but that's just me.

goingup

Established Member
I picked up a 2009.5 G8 gT last jume it had a Msrp of $35,165 and I drove it out for under $25k.

I don't want to sell it with the prices of the new cars.

antiv6

Established Member
here in GA i saw a new 5.0 auto gt vert for 41,xxx and thought it was too much. Its a mustang, for 41k Id expect a little more but maybe thats just me. With taxes and everything your looking at a 45k dollar car out the door. Mustangs seem like a younger person type of car to me and i dont know to many people who are under 21 that could afford a car payment on a 40k+ car. For that price id expect a higher model version not just a gt vert

Last edited:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Yes..... car prices are out of control.....These young kids are gonna get themselves over their head financially and never get out....

For that much money I would buy a nice used vette or for around $45,000 put myself into a nice 996TT Porsche that will hand the Mustang its ass...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
For the level of equipment on the car that doesn't seem like a bad price to me. Nav, HIDs, and EATC all cost money. If you're willing to do without those niceties you can get in one for a lot less.

dom418

Established Member
It is not just the Mustang. The Challenger and Camaro are right up there in the upper 30's as well. When you get into the SRT8 and Camaro vert, you are looking at a price of over 40K. To me that is nuts but honestly, I see a much older crowd driving the newer cars. All I know is at this rate, I may never be able to buy another new muscle car again.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
no way I would pay that for a new Mustang, way too much. Problem is there seems like theres so much "well, to get this you need to add blah blah blah" so that 500 dollar option turns into a 3500 dollar one. and for a 2nd car, Id drop 40k on a nice ram air GTO or SS396 that i wont see on every dealers lot.

Users who are viewing this thread