31BCobra Fore Level 2 Return Install Thread

TRBO VNM

I would for sure. As you can see different terminology can lead to misunderstanding. Pictures are worth a thousand words. LOL

TRBO VNM

And what is crazy is that I have talked to ID multiple times about these vehicles. They do not provide instructions in any of the packages I have received and this is the first I have heard of removing an o-ring retainer depending on lower intake used.

Last edited:

rip04ow

Established Member
That's correct I had to call them after getting frustrated and worrying about the injectors after I forced them in... They told me this over the phone and justin fore sent me a video that ID sent them... The video shows them cutting the retainer off

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
how did you end up getting the fuel injectors back in?

I didn't remove anything from the ID1000s. It was a little tough getting the rails lined up, but all the pushing I had to do was done with one hand so not a lot of force was used. They were snug, but still loose enough that I could rotate them to make the wiring harness plugs line up easier. Those plastic oring retainers were not even making contact with the intake so I just left them on.

yeah, you needed to use thread sealant. Only the flared or o-ring fittings do no need sealant. I put sealant on all NPT fittings

Unfortunately I did not even make it that far. I guess the issue of some npt setscrews leaking has happened in the past, so they were prepared to overnight me a new one and provide a label to send the leaking one back. Hopefully I will have the new one by the end of the week.

rip04ow

Established Member
Heres the pictures..

IMG_4587_zpsjmlfm0je.jpg

IMG_4625_zpsmujpexvz.jpg

IMG_4603_zps5kwun4u7.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4587_zpsjmlfm0je.jpg
    IMG_4587_zpsjmlfm0je.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 384

TRBO VNM

LOL, awesome. So nothing in the packaging and nothing I could find on their site.

Love the injectors, but the service leaves something to be desired. I called to check on something today based on information they gave me 6 months ago and find out what they told me 6 months ago was apparently a lie, or misinformation to put it nicely.

31BCobra

Established Member
Oh shit, those retainers are huge, I could see how that design could be a problem. I will get you a picture of the ones I have. I think they may have revised the design.

rip04ow

Established Member
LOL, awesome. So nothing in the packaging and nothing I could find on their site.

Love the injectors, but the service leaves something to be desired. I called to check on something today based on information they gave me 6 months ago and find out what they told me 6 months ago was apparently a lie, or misinformation to put it nicely.

Oh shit, those retainers are huge, I could see how that design could be a problem. I will get you a picture of the ones I have. I think they may have revised the design.

Yeah I'm just looking out for you guys... Hate to see someone lose an engine over something so simple.

31BCobra

Established Member
Got the bad rail back from FORE today. They took the stripped set screw out and re tapped it. Got it installed, and primed the system and as far as I can tell there are no leaks. I do have a question though.

With this type of system, when you prime it, it should build pressure and then slowly slowly lose pressure over the course of 15 minutes or so right? Or do I have another leak somewhere?

TRBO VNM

If there is no check valve in the system and if you wired it to prime for a few seconds and then turn off until you crank, yes it will bleed off.

Lightningswig01

Established Member
Just got mine tuned yesterday with the deadhead setup and reg in the fender. 695hp on 23lbs with a 2.8H and no problems. Good luck with yours. I think you'll like it when it's done.

31BCobra

Established Member
Just got mine tuned yesterday with the deadhead setup and reg in the fender. 695hp on 23lbs with a 2.8H and no problems. Good luck with yours. I think you'll like it when it's done.

Thanks, I have it scheduled for Friday. So far, the only issue I know I will have is arguing with the tuner about the deadhead setup. He is religiously opposed to it, seems to think it makes tons of heat and will make the car explode or some shit.

TRBO VNM

Thanks, I have it scheduled for Friday. So far, the only issue I know I will have is arguing with the tuner about the deadhead setup. He is religiously opposed to it, seems to think it makes tons of heat and will make the car explode or some shit.

I have done tons of installs with these systems. dead head, non dead head, routing lines all different ways depending on setup. I have NEVER had an issue with any car. And I mount the regulators in the engine bay. from race cars to daily drivers. No issues and have had guys including me go on long drives (4+ hours)

31BCobra

Established Member
I have done tons of installs with these systems. dead head, non dead head, routing lines all different ways depending on setup. I have NEVER had an issue with any car. And I mount the regulators in the engine bay. from race cars to daily drivers. No issues and have had guys including me go on long drives (4+ hours)

Yea, no idea why he is so opposed to it. I decided on the deadhead to keep fuel temps to a minimum. It gets super hot during the summer here and I would rather keep 1 less thing from soaking up more heat from the system.

Users who are viewing this thread