2024 Toyota Land Cruiser | MotorWeek First Look

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I could get into that. Didn't like the color they were showing but in the right color and less plastic I think it looks good.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
It looks like a bronco in the thumbnail. Saw a new trd pro sequoia today and it looked pretty good. I hear they’re pretty expensive but what isn’t nowadays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, F-that garbage engine.

Just call it an FJ Cruiser. That ain't no Land Cruiser of legend.
It's not close to being an FJ Cruiser. They clearly stated that this is a smaller version of the original Land Cruiser and other Land Cruisers sold in, say, Europe. As long as they're up front that it's different from the Land Cruiser that got cancelled in 2021, I'm good with the name.

I do like this new one, design wise. It's a good looking SUV.

CobraFreak1996

Established Member
As an 80 series LandCruiser guy, I can't get behind this redesign. Looks like a cross between an FJ and a LandRover. It's funny they mentioned the 4runner because honestly this looks like the next step for it not the LC. The limited edition one they're making looks the best but god only knows how ridiculous priced that'll be. Now if we could get the 70 series pickups here that would be awesome.

I was at the LC Heritage Museum back in January. They have some amazing trucks there.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
It's not close to being an FJ Cruiser. They clearly stated that this is a smaller version of the original Land Cruiser and other Land Cruisers sold in, say, Europe. As long as they're up front that it's different from the Land Cruiser that got cancelled in 2021, I'm good with the name.

I do like this new one, design wise. It's a good looking SUV.
This is technically called the Land Cruiser Prado in other markets. They're super popular in South America for the upper middle class. I was in Medellin a few weeks ago and they're everywhere. The REAL Land Cruisers and Lexus LXs I saw were always super dark tint and was told they're driven by politicians or big-time narcos.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You missed the part where it has 465lb of torque.

In all reviews I see starting 55k. Where are you seeing 85K.

She mentioned that the higher end interior is more fitting for an $85k proce tag. I think she was implying the previous model didn't have an interior fit for that price, but it also did sound like the top model will be around that price.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You missed the part where it has 465lb of torque.

In all reviews I see starting 55k. Where are you seeing 85K.
See below.
She mentioned that the higher end interior is more fitting for an $85k proce tag. I think she was implying the previous model didn't have an interior fit for that price, but it also did sound like the top model will be around that price.
I missed the "more fitting" part. I did just zip through it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the above. Who wants those toxic ICE engines. Should of been clean EV motor. Better for the environment.

/s

Be curious to see if Toyota will still be kings of "reliability" to some with the hybrid engines.I know the Tundra has the hybrid option but haven't dug into if people had issues or not

Not sure what other manufacurers offer for warranty on hybrids but Toyota offers a 8yr/100k warranty on the Hybrid components and the battery gets 10yrs/150k warranty.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Just call it an FJ Cruiser. That ain't no Land Cruiser of legend.

What do you think the FJ40 was?
As an 80 series LandCruiser guy, I can't get behind this redesign. Looks like a cross between an FJ and a LandRover. It's funny they mentioned the 4runner because honestly this looks like the next step for it not the LC. The limited edition one they're making looks the best but god only knows how ridiculous priced that'll be. Now if we could get the 70 series pickups here that would be awesome.

I was at the LC Heritage Museum back in January. They have some amazing trucks there.

Post your 80! I'm really wanting a 100 for a SUV / bad weather truck when I don't want to drive my 330i. I'd love a 200 but don't have a hope in hell of swinging one of those, 25 grand for a 200k+ mile example doesn't excite me, 100's are bad enough resale wise.

I'd love to visit the LC Museum next time I swing through Utah, I've seen some of the displays in videos and the inventory on the website.

I wager Toyota is making this specifically to go after the Bronco. I'm sure it'll be platform mates with the next gen 4runner, just like our current 4runner and the GX460 were platform mates with the land cruiser prado in overseas markets (the GX460 was literally a Lexus Prado)

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with the above. Who wants those toxic ICE engines. Should of been clean EV motor. Better for the environment.

/s

Be curious to see if Toyota will still be kings of "reliability" to some with the hybrid engines.I know the Tundra has the hybrid option but haven't dug into if people had issues or not

Not sure what other manufacurers offer for warranty on hybrids but Toyota offers a 8yr/100k warranty on the Hybrid components and the battery gets 10yrs/150k warranty.

A friend that picked up a new Tundra said that the extra weight of the hybrid washes out the incremental fuel economy that it adds. No one cares for hybrids any more, it seems like another example of Toyota introducing something 10 years too late.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
A friend that picked up a new Tundra said that the extra weight of the hybrid washes out the incremental fuel economy that it adds. No one cares for hybrids any more, it seems like another example of Toyota introducing something 10 years too late.

Exactly why I passed on the new Tundra. I have no interest in anything hybrid especially in a truck.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

eh, hybrids are getting more common than you'd think for mainstream vehicles. Toyota is betting that the mass market isn't ready for full on EV's yet. A lot of new BMW's, I believe virtually any of the current straight 6 turbo options, are mild hybrid only now (excluding the ///M stuff). If you walked into the dealer and ordered a M340i, you're getting a hybrid powertrain, period.

I think hybrid trucks are kind of pointless but if any company is going to make a reliable hybrid drivetrain, it'd be toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread