2023 Grilling Season Thread

jessie_sanders

Established Member

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Is your smoker on a trailer with a roof? Trying to figure out what your setup is but can't make it out.

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk
Had it on the back deck of our toy hauler, was a great setup. Used the garage as our kitchen/prep area so everything was easy clean up

IMG_2689.jpeg

71711428084__26263E6D-82F7-456A-918C-8D6D2956B776.jpeg

90lx

Established Member

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Do you mind sharing your recipe, rubs, cook temp, times, or tips? If not, I totally understand as you are competing. I don't compete. Just trying to dial my ribs in more at home. And I don't do anything special. I usually try different store bought rubs always looking for something better.
I'll share mine. Pull off any silver skin, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and smoked paprika. I sometimes use Killer Hogs seasoning. Coat with yellow mustard. Set the grill to 225* using your favorite pellets or wood. 6 hours and don't ever look at them. That's for baby back, I do almost 8 for the big St Louis racks. I'm running a Pit Boss, but I'm sure you could use a gas grill too.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you mind sharing your recipe, rubs, cook temp, times, or tips? If not, I totally understand as you are competing. I don't compete. Just trying to dial my ribs in more at home. And I don't do anything special. I usually try different store bought rubs always looking for something better.
Sure, have a seat. This one is complex lol

1) Open 5th beer of the day
2) Coat ribs in Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
3) Throw on smoker somewhere between 225 and 275
4) Have another 7 beers, pay zero attention to time
5) Spritz with apple cider vinegar if remembered
6) Wrap in foil with brown sugar, butter, honey once you feel it’s been long enough and color is good
7) Mix half and half Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce and Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce in another pan and put on smoker
8) Have a lot more beers, completely guesstimate on time in wrap until you once again feel it’s been long enough
9) Remove from wrap, brush with warmed sauce, leave on smoker until sauce is tacked up
10) Remove, slice, and enjoy

I never pay too much attention to time but run roughly 2-2.5 hours unwrapped, 1-1.5 wrapped, and 10-15 mins for sauce to set up.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
any recommendations/recipes for a coffee rub? Funny I can't stand coffee itself but but have loved some of the bbq with a coffee rub

might smoke some drumsticks and thighs this weekend with some rub from a local bbq shop

90lx

Established Member
Sure, have a seat. This one is complex lol

1) Open 5th beer of the day
2) Coat ribs in Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
3) Throw on smoker somewhere between 225 and 275
4) Have another 7 beers, pay zero attention to time
5) Spritz with apple cider vinegar if remembered
6) Wrap in foil with brown sugar, butter, honey once you feel it’s been long enough and color is good
7) Mix half and half Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce and Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce in another pan and put on smoker
8) Have a lot more beers, completely guesstimate on time in wrap until you once again feel it’s been long enough
9) Remove from wrap, brush with warmed sauce, leave on smoker until sauce is tacked up
10) Remove, slice, and enjoy

I never pay too much attention to time but run roughly 2-2.5 hours unwrapped, 1-1.5 wrapped, and 10-15 mins for sauce to set up.
I actually already follow your method pretty close. Just without all the seasonings you mentioned and I use bourbon instead of the beer. Thanks man. I use a pit boss also #03cobra#694 Thanks for your recipe as well.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Beef back ribs on the smoker with the mop sauce

Screenshot-20231029-134517.jpg

Mop sauce

1/2lb butter
Whole white onion
Couple cloves garlic
Dry mustard
Lemon juice
Tabasco
Garlic powder
Cumin
Chili powder
Worcestershire sauce
Ketchup
Apple cider vinegar
Yuengling

Got some brats in a beer bath before going on the smoker and bacon wrapped green beans as well

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Doing BB ribs. Pellet grill must me dirty, nowhere near done at 6 hours in at 225*.
Last nights chicken that was marinated for 24 hours and left out to near room temp.

Made with basmati and saffron and corn added tot he rice cooker. Smoke is making the chicken photo cloudy.

Not sure why photos are not uploading but screen shots are.

Screenshot_20231029-160639.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231029-160814.png
    Screenshot_20231029-160814.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread