2022 MLB

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Figured I'd start this one off for baseball fans.

Yes, woke narrative has entered the MLB
Yes, the players and the league haven't reached an agreement yet so some games have already been cancelled

Regardless of how I feel about the league's PR and political standing, I still love the game. Personally won't give them any of my money (which sucks because I love my hats), but I will forever love the game

So here's the thread to talk shit, root for your team, etc

Regarding the negotiations, I'm most upset about their agreement to eliminate the shift and implementation of universal DH

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yes hope Cleveland loves their church softball team. Yes you look at it and that is exactly what comes to mind something a church would do and name for their group baseball/softball team.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
They need to get the shit figured out. Both sides seem to have complaints, but the owners seem to be the ones unwilling to give anything up.

As far as changes to the game, some of the postseason stuff sounds idiotic. I wouldn’t complain about a field expansion, but I don’t like byes, and the “ghost win” concept where the home team has one win awarded to them in the first postseason series is dumb as hell.

Finally, if the Braves let Freeman walk, I’ll rage quit Atlanta fandom in a very immature way.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Where I used to park for Twins games between the Viking stadium and Twins stadium isn't safe anymore, I enjoyed that walk. I could park in one of the 2 big ramps next to the stadium and take the skywalk, but not feeling it with all the woke bullshit and the strike.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They need to get the shit figured out. Both sides seem to have complaints, but the owners seem to be the ones unwilling to give anything up.

As far as changes to the game, some of the postseason stuff sounds idiotic. I wouldn’t complain about a field expansion, but I don’t like byes, and the “ghost win” concept where the home team has one win awarded to them in the first postseason series is dumb as hell.

Finally, if the Braves let Freeman walk, I’ll rage quit Atlanta fandom in a very immature way.
Do you happen to have a link for that? I've searched and searched, and found nothing. Thanks.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Do you happen to have a link for that? I've searched and searched, and found nothing. Thanks.

Yeah I’ll look for that story and post it up when I get a chance.
Prolly would have went to spring training for the first time in my life but.
**** em. If they’re woke they’re ded to me.
There are more woke than hockey but definitely less han football and basketball.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember the 1980, 1981, and 1985 strikes. As a young boy it changed my perspective of the MLB. I loved going to the games with my Dad. Watching Rollie Fingers and his wild side arm... Haven't been to an MLB game since, like 1984... I can't even remeber to be honest.

So like most other professional sports these days, DGAF.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
They are talking about millions and billions like the majority of those that attend games talk about hundreds and thousands. Hard to feel bad with that kind of money being floated around.

Yeah, the Braves would be dumb to let Freeman go. I would lose respect for the organization, HOWEVER, there certainly does need to be limits. Going to the highest bidder is the thing these days, not dedication or organization goals.

Papaw

Established Member
MLB is not raking in cubic dollars like they used to. The owners and front offices as well as some of the players jumped on the woke wagon and also supported blm, that cut their viewership down quite a bit (myself included) thus TV revenue drops. Then covid ruined their income a whole bunch. And by the way, were the players paid their full salaries during the flu shut down or shortened seasons? If they were then the owners lost another chunk of money. Future projections of viewership is down because not all of those who were offended by the racial stand MLB took will come back. So the bottom line is the teams have less money to be able to afford player salaries. Players don't want less money, they want more money every year, money that may not be there anymore.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've never been able to give a flying **** about baseball - when there's 2-3 guys on a team making damned near a whole other team's payroll...

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Regarding the negotiations, I'm most upset about their agreement to eliminate the shift and implementation of universal DH

I know they were discussing eliminating the shift but is that one of the items they've agreed upon? That's stupid. Should be able to positions players wherever they want.

As for boycotting pro sports, nowhere on earth is more woke than Hollywood so if you're watching tv at all or going to the movie theater then you're supporting wokeism.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I know our area is losing millions on the spring training stuff. There’s a bunch of teams in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread