Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Profile kinda looks like a stingray...

BE2AE91A-1F49-456B-BBFD-C7CD915E7509.jpeg

Mug only a mother would love tho.

72SBC

Established Member
Guess Toyota isn’t banking on reliability angle with the whole BMW thing. With it carrying the Supra name it should have came with more power than a M4.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
This car will have the same 260hp turbo 4 and 382hp turbo I6 from the Z4. Maybe there will be a version with some increased boost, or just a transplanted M4 motor, as a Gazoo Racing edition was confirmed IIRC.

And no, this will absolutely not live up to the Mk IV Supra the way we expect it to. The BMW motor will never be as stupidly strong under boost as the 2JZ. It will absolutely blow the stock Mk IV Supra out of the water when viewed as new, since Toyota is making this more of a sports car than the previous Supra was.

The Supra name is far more revered now than in the mid 90s.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The prior Supra was only rates at slightly less than 330hp iirc. These 3.0 BMW turbo engines are proven solid performers with as little as a tune. Let's not forget, the real high power Supras were fully built machines. The reason they could take so much was the closed deck design of the block that was/is bulletproof for the most part. If a version of the S55 engine is in the offering, then you can expect 500whp with just a tune.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
This car will have the same 260hp turbo 4 and 382hp turbo I6 from the Z4. Maybe there will be a version with some increased boost, or just a transplanted M4 motor, as a Gazoo Racing edition was confirmed IIRC.

And no, this will absolutely not live up to the Mk IV Supra the way we expect it to. The BMW motor will never be as stupidly strong under boost as the 2JZ. It will absolutely blow the stock Mk IV Supra out of the water when viewed as new, since Toyota is making this more of a sports car than the previous Supra was.

The Supra name is far more revered now than in the mid 90s.

The l6 bmw motors are tough as nails. Plenty of people on the n54 forums running 800whp single turbo set ups on factory hardware without incident.

bokyo1987

Established Member
^ This. My n54 didn’t give me any issues at all running a safe 24psi e85 tune... put down ~580whp without skipping a beat. Needless to say, I’d buy a new Supra/Z4 if I could afford one lol.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My brother and I both had N54 135i's at the same time. We both used to joke that they were as close to a supra as you could buy now days. This was around 2010-2012. Who knew we were so close to being right?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Drove my friends BMW that was pushing 550whp which I didnt really believe because I didnt think the BMWs were making that much at the time and just knowing him and how he is with cars. Boy was I wrong though! That thing would have destroyed my GT500.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
The l6 bmw motors are tough as nails. Plenty of people on the n54 forums running 800whp single turbo set ups on factory hardware without incident.

True. But this isn't an N54. It's a B58-whatever. Do these motors make as much power with as little as the N54?

And knowing this is SVTP, if there aren't any roll racing videos of a MkV Supra with 1200rwhp 5 days after the first customer delivery, the car will be a fail. Haha!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Drove my friends BMW that was pushing 550whp which I didnt really believe because I didnt think the BMWs were making that much at the time and just knowing him and how he is with cars. Boy was I wrong though! That thing would have destroyed my GT500.
Buddy has an N54 with basic bolt-ons, it runs hard, has surprised a lot of Camaro SS, 5.0 guys. Couple more mods and will be running with stock Hellcats, car is very unsuspecting.

They shouldn't have brought it back and just let the MKIV continue to live its legacy.
Meh, with that reasoning, the 5.0 shouldn't have came back either.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
True. But this isn't an N54. It's a B58-whatever. Do these motors make as much power with as little as the N54?

And knowing this is SVTP, if there aren't any roll racing videos of a MkV Supra with 1200rwhp 5 days after the first customer delivery, the car will be a fail. Haha!
Let's just hope Toyota doesn't claim an impossible ET, lol.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Buddy has an N54 with basic bolt-ons, it runs hard, has surprised a lot of Camaro SS, 5.0 guys. Couple more mods and will be running with stock Hellcats, car is very unsuspecting.

Meh, with that reasoning, the 5.0 shouldn't have came back either.

I know jack shit about the BMWs but I want to say it had a turbo upgrade? I would think with that it would be making more than 550whp, but I feel like I remember him saying that or remembering that it had some serious work done. It was one of the 335s.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I know jack shit about the BMWs but I want to say it had a turbo upgrade? I would think with that it would be making more than 550whp, but I feel like I remember him saying that or remembering that it had some serious work done. It was one of the 335s.
Buddies is a 335i. Downpipes, intake, tune, E40 (needs to upgrade pump to run more) and couple smaller things. Makes around 430rwhp, but where it shines is getting out of the hole. German's know how to get shit to launch. I've learned more about them as a result of his than before. AMG/Audi are more my thing if going import. He's thinking LSD and stage 2 turbo's, should put it in stock hellcat territory for not a ton of money.

Single turbo kit aren't too expensive and those cars can be had for $12k+ all day. Big thing is maintenance, lot of younger guys throw mods on them, and get mad they get beat. Good OEM sensors can make a lot of difference, but they aren't cheap and get skipped for mods.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Buddies is a 335i. Downpipes, intake, tune, E40 (needs to upgrade pump to run more) and couple smaller things. Makes around 430rwhp, but where it shines is getting out of the hole. German's know how to get shit to launch. I've learned more about them as a result of his than before. AMG/Audi are more my thing if going import. He's thinking LSD and stage 2 turbo's, should put it in stock hellcat territory for not a ton of money.

Single turbo kit aren't too expensive and those cars can be had for $12k+ all day. Big thing is maintenance, lot of younger guys throw mods on them, and get mad they get beat. Good OEM sensors can make a lot of difference, but they aren't cheap and get skipped for mods.

Funny thing was that his and his twin brother's were always in the shop for body repairs. Both of them couldn't stop hitting shit all the time lol. We'd paint and put all these expensive body parts on (and some of the performance parts) and within the next few weeks they would call us up to have something repaired on the body haha. Those cars run strong though, that's for sure... and you are right about the costs used. It seemed like everyone was picking one up for cheap at some point.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Funny thing was that his and his twin brother's were always in the shop for body repairs. Both of them couldn't stop hitting shit all the time lol. We'd paint and put all these expensive body parts on (and some of the performance parts) and within the next few weeks they would call us up to have something repaired on the body haha. Those cars run strong though, that's for sure... and you are right about the costs used. It seemed like everyone was picking one up for cheap at some point.
I would say I'm shocked, but we've all seen how BMW owners drive, lol. Buddy and I came up on LS1/5.0/4.6 cars, lost touch for a bit around 2010-2015. Reconnected, ironically we both swayed more towards performance and luxury vs rattle your teeth performance that rode like log wagons.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I would say I'm shocked, but we've all seen how BMW owners drive, lol. Buddy and I came up on LS1/5.0/4.6 cars, lost touch for a bit around 2010-2015. Reconnected, ironically we both swayed more towards performance and luxury vs rattle your teeth performance that rode like log wagons.

I think it is the natural progression. I still love fast, brutal cars, but more and more I want something that combines performance and comfort. That's why I think Lincoln really needs a Mustang based Mark IX. A lot of us Mustang guys would opt for one in a heartbeat!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I think it is the natural progression. I still love fast, brutal cars, but more and more I want something that combines performance and comfort. That's why I think Lincoln really needs a Mustang based Mark IX. A lot of us Mustang guys would opt for one in a heartbeat!
Right there with you. I had a Mark VIII that was decently modified. I loved the hell out of that car, way more than my fox which was a lot faster. I like the newer Mustangs, have driven many, but none has swayed me back. Performance is nice, but performance with nice ride, creature comforts, and just as fast, is even nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread