VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
smzpiipwr1coxjprlri8.png

A lot of FT-1 styling cues here.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Any idea on pricing? Guessing similar to what a BMW Z4 costs, since its built on the same chassis/architecture.

I think they are wanting to offer affordable options and ramp it up from there. Im guessing maybe priced like Mustang GT and up.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I think they are wanting to offer affordable options and ramp it up from there. Im guessing maybe priced like Mustang GT and up.
I wouldn't count on that happening. This will probably have a starting MSRP in the 80s/90s. This will be a competitor to the GT-R

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I wouldn't count on that happening. This will probably have a starting MSRP in the 80s/90s. This will be a competitor to the GT-R

It will be, and they will have one that will directly compete, but Toyota has been very adamant about living up to the heritage and making the car available to more people. I read it a long time ago that they might have a more entry level model so it is possible that has changed and I am wrong, but it is a possibility.

If it were to happen I would expect a starting point in the mid 40k to 50k. Not cheap but undercuts the GTR. I imagine they would be able to do this with development costs saved by sharing with BMW.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It will be, and they will have one that will directly compete, but Toyota has been very adamant about living up to the heritage and making the car available to more people. I read it a long time ago that they might have a more entry level model so it is possible that has changed and I am wrong, but it is a possibility.

If it were to happen I would expect a starting point in the mid 40k to 50k. Not cheap but undercuts the GTR. I imagine they would be able to do this with development costs saved by sharing with BMW.

this is the rumor I have heard previously, pricing on the base model being sub to mid 40k. I believe at launch the two engine options available will be the 2 liter turbo 4 making 260 hp and an inline 6 making 335...I'd just LMFAO if Toyota tried to compete with and price those near GTR msrp. They better plan on putting a turbo 6 in the Supra if that's the case.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
this is the rumor I have heard previously, pricing on the base model being sub to mid 40k. I believe at launch the two engine options available will be the 2 liter turbo 4 making 260 hp and an NA inline 6 making 335...I'd just LMFAO if Toyota tried to compete with and price those near GTR msrp. They better plan on putting a turbo 6 in the Supra if that's the case.

I never saw the engine specs outside of the fact that they asked the community and they were dead set on it having an inline 6 which is a smart move. The car looks tiny so I think those engines and hp specs you posted would work except maybe 280-290hp as base as 260hp just seems too close to the FRS and BRZ, but Toyota knows best lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I never saw the engine specs outside of the fact that they asked the community and they were dead set on it having an inline 6 which is a smart move. The car looks tiny so I think those engines and hp specs you posted would work except maybe 280-290hp as base as 260hp just seems too close to the FRS and BRZ, but Toyota knows best lol.

I agree and I am not sure if that inline 6 is NA, have a feeling it may be the turbo 3 liter out of the BMW 3 series. The inline is definitely the way to go with this car.

Users who are viewing this thread