2020 Supra Revealed

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck with that, CX Racing will have no problem fabbing the mounts. The problem will be the integrated electronics with all that German BS.

I'm sure everything is CANBUS and running through the Ecu. Pull the HVAC and the car won't start crap. Cluster not sync'd to thr original Vin matched Ecu... and car wont start.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The reason for buying a Toyota? Toyota engine longevity. Toyota then installs BMW engine....Known for gremlins.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
The reason for buying a Toyota? Toyota engine longevity. Toyota then installs BMW engine....Known for gremlins.

The engine most likely will be fine. The N55 was fantastic and I had mine completely modded on e85 but stick turbo and engine components. Never left me on the side of the road. But it’s not a Toyota and it’s not a 2jz which as overdone as the following for the engine is... it’s still a incredibly capable motor.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I had an N54. It was plenty stout, but it stayed on a flatbed due to some of the most off the wall reasons.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I had an N54. It was plenty stout, but it stayed on a flatbed due to some of the most off the wall reasons.
Yeah, Zer Germanz rarely have mechanical issues... It's just everything attached to the engine. Then again Porsche had those pesky IMS bearings and Volkswagen with the 1.8T timing belts...

Mmmm interference engines..

That will be this cars down fall. Stupid German CANBUS security electrical emissions bullshit.

Oh, disconnected your gauge cluster.. Guess we'll need the dealer to reset your car so you can sync the cluster to thr Ecu again.

Last edited:

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Yeah, Zer Germanz rarly have mechanical issues... It's just everything attached to the engine. Then again Porsche had those pesky IMS bearings and Volkswagen with the 2.8T timing belts...

That will be this cars down fall however. Stupid German CANBUS security electrical emissions bullshit. Oh, disconnected your gauge cluster.. Guess we'll need the dealer to reset your car so you can sync the cluster to thr Ecu again.

That’s the issue- the electronics haha

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dusten

Established Member
Yeah, Zer Germanz rarely have mechanical issues... It's just everything attached to the engine. Then again Porsche had those pesky IMS bearings and Volkswagen with the 1.8T timing belts...

That will be this cars down fall. Stupid German CANBUS security electrical emissions bullshit.

Oh, disconnected your gauge cluster.. Guess we'll need the dealer to reset your car so you can sync the cluster to thr Ecu again.

Lots of software to do it yourself.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
the pace car actually looks decent. wheels and what looks like subtle lowering goes a long way

20190216_133027.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread