2020 F250 Tremor with Method race wheels and 35" Toyo MTs

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I will if it ever stops raining! Rain predicted the next 6 days :(
I have been hoping that you would write up and thorough comparo between the Raptor and your Tremor. To very different trucks, but both absolutely badass. What made the Tremor the choice for you?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I have been hoping that you would write up and thorough comparo between the Raptor and your Tremor. To very different trucks, but both absolutely badass. What made the Tremor the choice for you?

I wanted out of the 3.5L engine after my non-stop problems in the first 2 years owning my 2018 Raptor. The Tremor was like taking some of the Raptor parts and throwing them on an F250, but having the 7.3L engine and 4.30 gears as an added bonus.

It's just as capable off road for rock crawling and slow stuff as the Raptor, but the engine was the selling point for me. Straight forward, simple, big block V8.

Comparing them, the Raptor was has slightly more acceleration, but I'm also comparing a SuperCab F150 to a CrewCab F250, so the weight is definitely a factor. Even though the Tremor has upgraded 2.5" shocks, it doesn't feel as planted taking high speed corners as the Raptor did. Again, that could be due to the increased weight or the 27" longer the Tremor is. Also, the Raptor could handle speed bumps at a higher speed than the Tremor for sure. The Tremor is also 4" taller than the Raptor from the factory.

My raptor with 35" averaged 15.4 MPG. Tremor with same is getting 11.7 MPG

Overall, I have zero regrets moving to the Tremor. It's a beast.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted out of the 3.5L engine after my non-stop problems in the first 2 years owning my 2018 Raptor. The Tremor was like taking some of the Raptor parts and throwing them on an F250, but having the 7.3L engine and 4.30 gears as an added bonus.

It's just as capable off road for rock crawling and slow stuff as the Raptor, but the engine was the selling point for me. Straight forward, simple, big block V8.

I can definitely understand that. Not a big fan of the ecoboost, myself. Only vehicle I would buy with one, would be the Raptor.

A Raptor with the 7.3L V8 would be irresistible for me. Would have to own.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I can definitely understand that. Not a big fan of the ecoboost, myself. Only vehicle I would buy with one, would be the Raptor.

A Raptor with the 7.3L V8 would be irresistible for me. Would have to own.

If that had been an option, I would have gone that route. Hands down. Just so that I could have stayed in a SuperCab chassis.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Comparing them, the Raptor was has slightly more acceleration, but I'm also comparing a SuperCab F150 to a CrewCab F250, so the weight is definitely a factor. Even though the Tremor has upgraded 2.5" shocks, it doesn't feel as planted taking high speed corners as the Raptor did. Again, that could be due to the increased weight or the 27" longer the Tremor is. Also, the Raptor could handle speed bumps at a higher speed than the Tremor for sure. The Tremor is also 4" taller than the Raptor from the factory.

My raptor with 35" averaged 15.4 MPG. Tremor with same is getting 11.7 MPG

Overall, I have zero regrets moving to the Tremor. It's a beast.
What’s the mile range at 12mpg?

I seriously want one....

Users who are viewing this thread