2020 C8 CORVETTE BATTLES PORSCHE GT3 RS ON TRACK! *UNBELIEVABLE*

Recon

Established Member
Looks like it’s a Z51 model. Still no less impressive hanging with that monster of a Porsche. The big brother Vette’s are going to be nasty, if this is what a Z51 can do.

Pick your poison.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL hellcat at 3 min mark. Also both of them flew by a 350r at 4.30ish....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn. In before the popcorn pops.

Vette looked a lot more planted than the GT3 shortly before he made the pass.

Coolant temps werent confidence inspiring lol.. think i 229 at one point..

Last edited:

Z06

Established Member
That kid is the same one who managed to get 2.6-2.7 0-60. A young youtuber who got some flock because of his enthusiasm for the C8. He sure knows how to hold his own on the road course.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That kid is the same one who managed to get 2.6-2.7 0-60. A young youtuber who got some flock because of his enthusiasm for the C8. He sure knows how to hold his own on the road course.
he was the same guy that did 10.6 bone stock in a '20 GT500, and took that same gt500 to a road course.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, he looks to be early 20s? He is one hell of a driver on a road course. He stayed right with the GT3 that probably had a more seasoned/older driver behind the wheel. But man, that C8 can smoke a track. Very impressive! I think I've said that numerous times in the past.

Beast!!
upload_2020-4-6_19-56-19.png

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Don't get too excited just yet, they are amatuers, the 3RS would have walked away with equal drivers.

But yes still entertaining.

I dunno about the full walk but I kept thinking in that video the GT3RS wasn't being used to it's full potential. C8 driver seemed more aggressive and competent. Porsche was messy and lost a lot of speed doing silly stuff.
Great video but always hard to really see the difference in cars at a track day like this. I think you see the drivers skills more.

blk02edge

Established Member
I dunno about the full walk but I kept thinking in that video the GT3RS wasn't being used to it's full potential. C8 driver seemed more aggressive and competent. Porsche was messy and lost a lot of speed doing silly stuff.
Great video but always hard to really see the difference in cars at a track day like this. I think you see the drivers skills more.
Oh it would be a full walk... The base C8 doesn't have the tire/aero for the job. Once the C8 GS hits with a cup2 it'll be par with a 3RS.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Nicely done. Kid's got nice feel. Who else wanted to throat-punch the dude in the white BMW around 8:30?

That and the Type Rs. Looked like there were two Type Rs on there that didnt let them pass when they should have, but I'm no expert on course etiquette.

Users who are viewing this thread