2019 ram

My94GT

Established Member
Test drove the ram today and loved it. Unfortunately the dealer and I could come to an agreement on my trade in values and the price I spoke with them about was a few grand different then when I got their and reviewed applicable rebates so all in all we were about 6k off where I’d like to be.

I’ll be talking to another local dealer this week now that I know what options I want. Personally I liked the way this ram drove vs the f150. I honestly wasn’t sure I would at first.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Test drove the ram today and loved it. Unfortunately the dealer and I could come to an agreement on my trade in values and the price I spoke with them about was a few grand different then when I got their and reviewed applicable rebates so all in all we were about 6k off where I’d like to be.
I’ll be talking to another local dealer this week now that I know what options I want. Personally I liked the way this ram drove vs the f150. I honestly wasn’t sure I would at first.
I'll agree with that. Which model are you interested in?
Hopefully they give you what you wan for trade. Good luck.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Pics of this truck? Hell of a deal

I owned a 2005 5.4 3 valve Lariat F-150

That's why I bought a Dodge LOL

Went to buy a 19 and the dealer still had some 18s. Got a crew cab 4 by 4 5.7 Bighorn for pretty absurd money. Lease as I use it for business. 500 down, 270 a month tax in.

My94GT

Established Member
Well I emailed the dealer rep Sunday and confirmed I was ready to purchase, even asked what I needed to do to hold the truck till I could get there with money as I was waiting for it to transfer from one bank to the next and it could take a couple days. He responded Monday morning and said no worries about a deposit just come by and fill out the buyers order and once money is cleared pick up the truck we’ll hold it for you.

I asked if I needed to come after work or if I could come the next morning and a couple hours later I get a response they sold the truck to a buyer there. While I get the want to sell fast I was willing to put money down to hold and go figure by the evening the money transferred into our account ready to use.

Basically I won’t bother with that dealer anymore. Thankfully after some searching I think ive found another dealer who just got a truck in with the same black appearance pack, 12 inch infotainment and Laramie level 2 pack options I want. Waiting for a call back to confirm it’s there as it hadn’t been checked in yet and if so hopefully I’ll purchase tonight.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Dealership sales folks ain't the brightest lights in the closet.......competitive with each other and DO NOT COMMUNICATE with each other PERIOD so deal with the Sales Manager when possible to make sure "A DEAL'S A DEAL"!!;)

Sorry you missed that one but you're READY now!!:D

Good Luck in your quest!!:)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well I emailed the dealer rep Sunday and confirmed I was ready to purchase, even asked what I needed to do to hold the truck till I could get there with money as I was waiting for it to transfer from one bank to the next and it could take a couple days. He responded Monday morning and said no worries about a deposit just come by and fill out the buyers order and once money is cleared pick up the truck we’ll hold it for you.

I asked if I needed to come after work or if I could come the next morning and a couple hours later I get a response they sold the truck to a buyer there. While I get the want to sell fast I was willing to put money down to hold and go figure by the evening the money transferred into our account ready to use.

Basically I won’t bother with that dealer anymore. Thankfully after some searching I think ive found another dealer who just got a truck in with the same black appearance pack, 12 inch infotainment and Laramie level 2 pack options I want. Waiting for a call back to confirm it’s there as it hadn’t been checked in yet and if so hopefully I’ll purchase tonight.
With no deposit, no signed paperwork...the truck is still on the lot and free game for anyone to sell.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

My94GT

Established Member
With no deposit, no signed paperwork...the truck is still on the lot and free game for anyone to sell.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
I understand that as I used to do sales, which is why I was willing to place a large cash deposit to hold it, my knock on the salesman was for setting an expectation then backing out of it. Alas I ended up with one from another dealer this evening.

It was the last black appearance pack in the state and had the air suspension which I was hesitant about but after driving it zero regrets.

stang910

Established Member
It was the last black appearance pack in the state and had the air suspension which I was hesitant about but after driving it zero regrets.

I love the air suspension in my Ram. Hard to believe Ram is the only one to offer it. I hear people say all the time the coil and air suspension aren't as capable as a leaf spring setup, but even if there was truth to that after owning my Ram I don't care. It's equivalent to going from a live rear axle to an independent rear suspension.

My94GT

Established Member
Yea I’m damn impressed with it so far. For a truck this thing drives dare I say smoother then the wife’s XC90 and hers has air suspension as well.

Attachments

• A0888EA7-4D04-4F99-939F-D669846A64F2.jpeg
    A0888EA7-4D04-4F99-939F-D669846A64F2.jpeg
    777.9 KB · Views: 150

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea I’m damn impressed with it so far. For a truck this thing drives dare I say smoother then the wife’s XC90 and hers has air suspension as well.

The blacked out laramies are killer, nice buy. If only they offered the lighter interior with the color matched everything outside.

Slowly transforming mine to all black outside, cause I wanted the frost interior, and the bench seat.

tistan

Established Member
It's unfortunate they don't offer the air suspension on the big horn. I would have opted for it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I understand that as I used to do sales, which is why I was willing to place a large cash deposit to hold it, my knock on the salesman was for setting an expectation then backing out of it. Alas I ended up with one from another dealer this evening.

I totally understand that. Unfortunately it sounds like you didn't have a very good salesman. If a customer offers a deposit to hold a vehicle, you take it.. Unless:

1.) It's a highly desirable, quick seller
2.) They want you to hold it for an unreasonable amount of time
3.) You have people physically in the store looking at it before the deposit is taken

My94GT

Established Member
I totally understand that. Unfortunately it sounds like you didn't have a very good salesman. If a customer offers a deposit to hold a vehicle, you take it.. Unless:

3.) You have people physically in the store looking at it before the deposit is taken

I completely agree. It likely has more to do with how desirable the truck is. Last night as I was getting this another customer was also trying to put a contract on it. Thankfully he was trying to trade a truck in that he hadn’t even made his first payment on so he was too upside down to do the deal.

My94GT

Established Member
It's unfortunate they don't offer the air suspension on the big horn. I would have opted for it.
Oddly o was so adverse to it prior but now I think it’s one of the best aspects of the truck. Such a crisp ride and does a great job absorbing bumps.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful truck!
Congrats and enjoy.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Down where Im at they are flying off the dealerships. I tried to look at 3 and they all sold within a day.

Users who are viewing this thread