2019 ram

My94GT

Established Member
anyone own one yet? If so how are you liking it? As we are nearing the end of the year I’m going to start test drives in the next couple weeks on the F150 and likely the ram too. I’ll admit I’ve always been hesitant of dodge or ram in the past but this new ram is very appealing and I’m seeing dealer pricing for limited models that is 5-6k less then a F150 platinum for equally equipped trucks.

I’m intrigued by the rams air suspension as well as the new infotainment center or what ever you refer to it as.

So for those that own one, any problems, and regrets?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
My brother in law as well as uncle have owned several Dodge Rams over the last 10-years and speak extremely highly of them. I’m a GMC guy myself but I have to admit their 19 Rams are sharp, tons of power and extremely roomy. Go test drive all the trucks you’re looking at on the same day so you get a feel for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tistan

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. I'm buying a new truck in December. I'm want to stick with Ford, but with rebates, ram is $10k cheaper. Also, the 5.7 can really be uncorked with a couple of mods.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm in the same boat. I'm buying a new truck in December. I'm want to stick with Ford, but with rebates, ram is $10k cheaper. Also, the 5.7 can really be uncorked with a couple of mods.
Apples to apples, theres no way its $10k cheaper.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Sirhc7897

Established Member
I can’t speak for the truck itself but I’ve got a grand Cherokee with the 5.7 and air suspension. Approaching 140k trouble free miles. Had another grand Cherokee before this one with the 5.7. Had 130k trouble free mikes when we traded it in.

With one caveat. Be prepared to replace the water pump around 100k miles.

If the infotainment area is the next iteration of Uconnect it should be fine too. Mine has worked flawlessly in all three recent Chrysler products I’ve owned (2 JGC’s and a hellcat).

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coosawjack

Established Member
I've had 2 used RAM 1500 HEMIS and both performed flawlessly.....the 2004 had 190K miles when I sold it and I still have the 2008 with 93K miles!!;)

I have always been a Ford fan but never cared for Ford trucks...expensive and sorta BLAH!!:cool:

My94GT

Established Member

What I’m seeing locally I can get into a ram limited for the same price I can get into a F150 lariet with the 502A pack (pretty sure that’s it) It’s about 5-6k less then an F150 platinum.

The air suspension is intriguing, and the dash set up with the 12 inch screen looks appealing.

Ultimately I know the F150 is a prize winning truck so if I test drive the ram and don’t like it I can go that way. If price an options are equal I’d likely lean more towards the F150 as well because it’s known pretty good reputation.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member

Ford is by far the most expensive pickup to buy on the market right now. Both GM and Dodge have several thousand dollars in rebates compared to $4,00-5,000 with Ford. My GMC Denali Sierra had $10,000 in rebates on top of employee cost.

My94GT

Established Member
Yes, Dodges are cheaper. And they cost less too..
But are they still cheaper? I haven’t myself sat in a 19 yet but based on reviews where pitted against the F150 and GM conprables the ram limited interior quality is getting rave reviews over past iterations of the truck.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford is by far the most expensive pickup to buy on the market right now. Both GM and Dodge have several thousand dollars in rebates compared to $4,00-5,000 with Ford. My GMC Denali Sierra had $10,000 in rebates on top of employee cost.

$10,000 in public rebates, plus employee pricing?

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
$10,000 in public rebates, plus employee pricing?

Correct. This is multiple times throughout the year too. I can’t speak for all areas of the US but it’s certainly the case in Michigan.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Correct. This is multiple times throughout the year too. I can’t speak for all areas of the US but it’s certainly the case in Michigan.

Odd. Not even close to that in the Midwest, ever.

My94GT

Established Member
OP, are you a bonified Alpha?

Yes -> Raptor (1st or 2nd Gen)

No -> Ram, Silverado, Tundra, Honda Ridgeline..
Pass on the first gen raptor as I already had a platinum with the 6.2 motor and don’t miss 14pmg hwy. second gen raptor is out of my budget/needs anyway.

I’m inclined to go F150 platinum or ram limited. Heck I’d even go with a properly equipped lariet.

I’m not svtp baller status I have to be sensible with my budget

stang910

Established Member
I bought a 19 Ram Limited and it's easily the nicest well built vehicle I've ever owned. I've had 2 of the current gen F150's, both were Lariat's and it's not even a close comparison. The Ford wins acceleration, towing and fuel economy, but the Ram wins everything else easy.

Users who are viewing this thread