2019 Edge, blown head gasket

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Update time. I have been told that an EGR cooler assy has been ordered as well as a cylinder head temp sensor.
I looked this up and found TSB 20-2234that seems to relate to this problem. Replace the EGR cooler and associated hardware. So it looks like I don't get a new engine. The only drawback to this is, we can't close on the Bronco until it's fixed.

BTW, any dealership guys want to give me an idea of trade-in value for a 2019 Edge Titanium?
@13COBRA

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Update time. I have been told that an EGR cooler assy has been ordered as well as a cylinder head temp sensor.
I looked this up and found TSB 20-2234that seems to relate to this problem. Replace the EGR cooler and associated hardware. So it looks like I don't get a new engine. The only drawback to this is, we can't close on the Bronco until it's fixed.

BTW, any dealership guys want to give me an idea of trade-in value for a 2019 Edge Titanium?

1.) Why do you have to wait until it's fixed?

2.) PM me the VIN and miles and I can give you a trade-in based on it not needing anything.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
PM sent

Why do we have to wait? No idea, but we're in no hurry, so no biggie.

Which brings up another question. Is KBB and NADA an accurate place to get values? Or are they way off the mark?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
PM sent

Why do we have to wait? No idea, but we're in no hurry, so no biggie.

Which brings up another question. Is KBB and NADA an accurate place to get values? Or are they way off the mark?
Likely to be very 2 different numbers. Might aswell get both. Lately seems like KKB is behind the current market values.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, the deal is done. Traded in the edge. When they finished the repair, it was still smoking, so I don't know what's going on with it. Doesn't matter, we brought this home yesterday.
20220310_120712.jpeg

Which means @CobraBob, the console vault I bought from you is for sale.

Your government is lying to you

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL! Hope someone else can use it.

That's a nice looking Bronco. So was the trade-in the result of a discussion with the dealership about the condition of your Edge? Or did you just decide it was time to move on and up?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
The wife no longer had any confidence in the Edge. Can't say she doesn't have a point.

She absolutely loves this Bronco. Loves the way it drives, the color, etc. She's even talking about going to one of these Bronco Rodeos they have across the country.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great photos and boy is that Bronco nice. Overall, how does it ride compared to the Edge?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Bob and Lambeau, it drives quite nice, very impressed. Of course it's totally different than the edge driving wise.

A few nitpicky things. It doesn't have memory seats. It doesn't have cooled seats. The rearview mirror can block your view a bit because the windshield is pretty narrow. Other than that, it's a great rig.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
The wife no longer had any confidence in the Edge. Can't say she doesn't have a point.

I never understood this mindset. A new car has a problem that’s covered under warranty and all of a sudden it’s an unreliable car that will never be reliable ever again. Dumbest shit ever.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Thanks Bob and Lambeau, it drives quite nice, very impressed. Of course it's totally different than the edge driving wise.

A few nitpicky things. It doesn't have memory seats. It doesn't have cooled seats. The rearview mirror can block your view a bit because the windshield is pretty narrow. Other than that, it's a great rig.

Your
Don’t know why it copied like that^^

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
That thing is great looking Shawn. I'm trying to talk my wife into one.
You should. My wife loves this thing, which was quite a surprise to me. Never thought she'd like a bronco. As a matter of fact, she had a bronco II way back in the 80's and it had brake problems. She kept asking if the brakes were going to work on this one, lol.
Now she is talking about going to Moab and Nevada and 4 wheeling. This could get good.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Love that color on the broncos. Im seeing more and more of them around here.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well, the deal is done. Traded in the edge. When they finished the repair, it was still smoking, so I don't know what's going on with it. Doesn't matter, we brought this home yesterday. View attachment 1741251

Which means @CobraBob, the console vault I bought from you is for sale.

Any issue with the trade? I have an Escape 2.0 with coolant issues now.

Users who are viewing this thread