2019 Chevrolet Blazer

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's basically the only mid sized cross over you can get with a v6, which is why we're considering one. I know turbos make power and have good torque and blah blah blah, but every single manufacturer kills the throttle response and power delivery of a turbo 4. I know i'm driving an SUV and not a "racecar," but when i push the pedal dammit i want to go.

That being said, i really wish this kinda slotted in under the Tahoe as a pseudo rwd, body on frame, real SUV and not a cross over. I feel like it would be worth more there, because the segment between the equinox and traverse really isnt much of a segment at all... i think the Ford Edge and Nissan Rogue are the only two cars in that segment. Whatever though, like i said, the size, price, and engine are a unique combination that have my attention. I'm willing to at least go check it out.
Nothing a tune won't cure. ;)

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Chevy seems to be lacking in the original design department lately.

14E4BC55-BA0B-4DF1-9193-533921D037FD.jpeg

FA6C9931-FD45-4ABE-949C-3A28AC20CA1B.jpeg

3922664A-63F0-470D-AAF6-EA779738289B.jpeg

8A3A06AF-C153-480A-B4B7-8079DE910E38.jpeg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Don't like the Blazer name on it, but I do like the styling. A new ZR2 Blazer on the Colorado frame would be sweet.

You’re right it would be sweet. The only problem is the ZR2 Colorado is going for 40,000+ dollars and they aren’t exactly flying off the showroom floors. We forget that the 2 door Tahoe and the K5 Blazer along with the Bronco were discontinued from people deciding they needed 4 doors

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You’re right it would be sweet. The only problem is the ZR2 Colorado is going for 40,000+ dollars and they aren’t exactly flying off the showroom floors. We forget that the 2 door Tahoe and the K5 Blazer along with the Bronco were discontinued from people deciding they needed 4 doors

I still like the old 2-door Tahoes.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't like the Blazer name on it, but I do like the styling. A new ZR2 Blazer on the Colorado frame would be sweet.

I could see them selling these like hot cakes. Big bumper, hood and flares with those shocks.....

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Aside from being the same color, there is a significant difference between these. Take a look at the Ford Edge. Now that's a car that looks like multiple cars on the road.

Function is driving cars to a similar shape anyway.

This CUV will sell like hotcakes. The segment is blowing up.

But they aren’t the same color.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
But they aren’t the same color.

The Lexus/Blazer and Explorer/Blazer are not the same color?

All but a few cars on the road today are the same basic generic shape anyway. Form follow function.

I think some of you guys are reaching a little too hard trying to hate on it.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
The Lexus/Blazer and Explorer/Blazer are not the same color?

All but a few cars on the road today are the same basic generic shape anyway. Form follow function.

I think some of you guys are reaching a little too hard trying to hate on it.

No, they are not the same color. If you would like to talk about electromagnetic radiation at various frequencies, then we can.

They are similar colors, just as the body lines and overall appearances are similar.

Similar does not mean the same, and I never said they looked the same.

However, like I initially suggested, they do look similar enough to question GMs ability to create something new and original. There is enough variance in the small and midsize SUV market that 2 comparable vehicles can look completely different, and still function well.

And nobody is reaching a little too hard to try and hate on it.
If you like it, cool. If someone else doesn’t like it, cool. Opinions vary.

I can understand and notice enough differences between the RX and the Blazer to appreciate your opinion. But in my opinion, if you don’t think that the Traverse and Explorer look VERY similar, then you are blind.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
However, like I initially suggested, they do look similar enough to question GMs ability to create something new and original. There is enough variance in the small and midsize SUV market that 2 comparable vehicles can look completely different, and still function well.

Great example of vastly different design languages. Each functions in a similar fashion, while still maintaining a unique look.

edge_1.png

sante%20fe.png

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Look into the Volvo XC90, it’s not too bad with throttle response. We’re loving ours and so far I’ve used it in the snow which was great, and towed various loads such as 3800lbs concrete mix and was surprised how well it’s done.

I have been driving a 2018 XC90 T6 for the last week and I love it! That particular one isn't the best on the market but it is super nice and just enjoyable to drive. The center screen layout is probably one of the best things about it. It isn't blisteringly fast either and feels heavy but it also freight-trains down the freeway. With speed it just builds and builds and before you know it you look down and you are eclipsing 120mph and it will easily keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread