bpmurr

Established Member
I'm becoming a big fan of Lightning Blue. I'm seriously considering passing on my Magnetic Grey 16 GT350 Track pack for a 17 in Lightning Blue.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I also want to see a base car in lightning blue with black stripes. Only thing is I was never a fan of the black or white pin stripes on the over the top stripes. I only liked the red ones on the R.

As much as I want the R in LB w/ Black OTT, getting a base car with electronics more realistic. Don't know if I want to sell or trade shadow black 16 in just for a different color and a touch screen.

conceptmachine

Established Member
makes sense, if i was selling them i would want to make as much as possible off them. dont like that 95% of the dealers i contacted treated me like a jackass cause i was unwilling, and unable, to pay the markup. im just a lowly cop, msrp is doable, a stretch but doable, anything over that makes very little sense for me

A regular 350 isn't hard to find at msrp. I've passed on at least 10 when calling for R models. Those are the toughies to find even available let alone marked up like crazy. I do have a reasonable one I'm pondering...but just don't know....don't think it's WORTH the price asking. There are a lot of sporty cars that can be had for the mark up that will beat the R in same price range. If you could find an msrp deal then it would be justifiable. I like American cars and may pay it. I'm hoping with the new GT out soon that more used 2005 gens will go up for sale and maybe bring prices down 50k or so. Lol

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm hoping with the new GT out soon that more used 2005 gens will go up for sale and maybe bring prices down 50k or so. Lol

I think you're dreaming lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Yeah, not happening. Considering ownership of an 05/06 gets you a degree of priority for a new GT allocation, incentive is pretty strong to keep it. Regardless, the domestic allocation on new GT is so low that they could sell all of them tomorrow without anybody knowing, so it's hard to imagine there will be any effect.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, not happening. Considering ownership of an 05/06 gets you a degree of priority for a new GT allocation, incentive is pretty strong to keep it. Regardless, the domestic allocation on new GT is so low that they could sell all of them tomorrow without anybody knowing, so it's hard to imagine there will be any effect.
Agreed.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
bernie-sanders-car.png

Allegedly, he's more a fan of the R8.

That's not his R8. That would be against everything he stood for. He should pay for it and leave the keys in it for anyone to take through the week. That's his platform!

conceptmachine

Established Member
Heck they will probably increase lol...better get it now if I'm ever gonna!!

Isn't the plan 250/year for 4 years on the new GT? I wouldnt say 1000 cars is not noticeable.... depends on if 3/4 of them stay in the states. I'm sure there will be a few around here.

Im gonna try but my chances are as close to zero as mathematically possible.
Wasn't the application supposed to be available in April? Heck, I make a decent living but it might require a person to be Mr Money Bags in order to qualify!!

On a positive note I did seal up a LEGIT R allocation today! Thanks to help of Rich! Thanks buddy!!

conceptmachine

Established Member
the markups will go away just like they have for every one of these mustangs in the past, remember the 07 gt500? ect, ect.
you can bet ford will up production with demand. give it another 6 months and lets look at it again

The production won't go up but the demand will decrease. Unless someone here actually believes these cars are so hot that 11xxx cars simply won't be enough for everyone? That's a lot of cars IMO.
The R is a toss up... I bet adm of some sort hangs on that one until it's gone. The 350, dealers will have to start dumping msrp Midway thru 17. Some dealers already do. Some dealers dump Rs at msrp... rare but it happens.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nope, cheaper than I expected by a few grand

HighTorque

Established Member
Im having zero luck finding an allocation for a 17r local dealer told me 70k over lmao

conceptmachine

Established Member
$500 increase on the R. Maybe that's an indication of what's coming next year.;)

Was hoping the lightning blue was a bit lighter. Torn between lightning and grabber.... but gotta go with metallic.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Im having zero luck finding an allocation for a 17r local dealer told me 70k over lmao

I swear these R models are the most sought after vehicle Ford has made in years; maybe ever.

I have seen a ton sell for ridiculous mark ups.

AZBOSS

Established Member
I swear these R models are the most sought after vehicle Ford has made in years; maybe ever.

I have seen a ton sell for ridiculous mark ups.

If you have a lead on a NON-R, configurable MSRP order, let me know. My local dealers aren't playing ball.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you have a lead on a NON-R, configurable MSRP order, let me know. My local dealers aren't playing ball.
I wish I would've known. My MY17 allocations are spoken for.

chuckstang

Established Member
2017 pricing released... Not sure why its not on this site yet but I was wrong, the price for the new base 17 model is exactly the 16 base plus the price in full for the track pack.

IMO this could prove to be a mistake if the SS 1LE is as quick as Chevy says it will be and for the bargain price they are claiming for one.

We shall see, I just don't want to see a 1LE match the performance of our GT350 for less.

AZBOSS

Established Member
I wish I would've known. My MY17 allocations are spoken for.

Yeah I saw your orders punched in the other thread. Was giving my BOSS dealer a shot and also another local one but they are both stonewalling.

Users who are viewing this thread