13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah I saw your orders punched in the other thread. Was giving my BOSS dealer a shot and also another local one but they are both stonewalling.
Sorry to hear that. It's unreal the demand these are getting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

conceptmachine

Established Member
I swear these R models are the most sought after vehicle Ford has made in years; maybe ever.

I have seen a ton sell for ridiculous mark ups.

What was the mark up on the GT? I don't think anyone back then was marking a car up 100K? I've talked to dealers wanting 135K mark up. Glad I found mine at a "reasonable" adm, but I don't thing ANY ADM is reasonable. Now, if I sell it in a few years and make my ADM back, then that wouldn't be terrible :) Thats dreaming though, cause the only car in recent history to appreciate is the GT.

AZ BOSS, I'm sending you A PM of a dealer I know who maybe can get you in at MSRP. He had me down for a 17 at MSRP but he pissed me off with his R adm so I told him I wouldn't be doing any business with him anymore. So, he's yours.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Yeah, 918's and such.

I had a buddy whose dealer offered him $300k just to not take delivery of his 918. That would have been a sweet ROI on his deposit if he had taken the money instead of the car, but the car is worth more now anyways. Plus you get insider circle privilege which gets you everything. GT3 allocation, GT4 allocation, GT3 RS allocation. Gets to sell those without every taking delivery.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a buddy whose dealer offered him $300k just to not take delivery of his 918. That would have been a sweet ROI on his deposit if he had taken the money instead of the car, but the car is worth more now anyways. Plus you get insider circle privilege which gets you everything. GT3 allocation, GT4 allocation, GT3 RS allocation. Gets to sell those without every taking delivery.

I heard a similar story. A friend of mine owns the Porsche store in Denver and he offered his customer $250k not to take it. He ended up selling one to that client, then he personally purchased the second one. Ridiculous cars.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I heard a similar story. A friend of mine owns the Porsche store in Denver and he offered his customer $250k not to take it. He ended up selling one to that client, then he personally purchased the second one. Ridiculous cars.

The insider circle thing was designed to prevent flipping, and that's what Ford should have done with the GT. If you keep the 918 under three years, you keep the privileges for 6 months. If you keep the car over three years, you get ten years of privileges. That's insane, and would be a total no brainer. At 250 units a year globally, Ford could have done that and not made a dent in the other fun toys.

On the other hand, at just over 3 years, 918s may flood the market.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The insider circle thing was designed to prevent flipping, and that's what Ford should have done with the GT. If you keep the 918 under three years, you keep the privileges for 6 months. If you keep the car over three years, you get ten years of privileges. That's insane, and would be a total no brainer. At 250 units a year globally, Ford could have done that and not made a dent in the other fun toys.

On the other hand, at just over 3 years, 918s may flood the market.

I do like that. I wasn't aware of the restriction if you moved it too quickly.

That would have been a more fair allocation system.

krt22

Established Member
Yeah it sounds like Fords system is more to get the cars out and about. They want to see them at the track and Cars and Coffee , not in a bubble in some collectors garage.

2001BlackSVT

You're First or Last
Established Member
What was the mark up on the GT? I don't think anyone back then was marking a car up 100K? I've talked to dealers wanting 135K mark up. Glad I found mine at a "reasonable" adm, but I don't thing ANY ADM is reasonable. Now, if I sell it in a few years and make my ADM back, then that wouldn't be terrible :) Thats dreaming though, cause the only car in recent history to appreciate is the GT.

AZ BOSS, I'm sending you A PM of a dealer I know who maybe can get you in at MSRP. He had me down for a 17 at MSRP but he pissed me off with his R adm so I told him I wouldn't be doing any business with him anymore. So, he's yours.

My local dealer (at the time) wanted $200k over MSRP for a FGT when it came out, crazy!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
2017 pricing released... Not sure why its not on this site yet but I was wrong, the price for the new base 17 model is exactly the 16 base plus the price in full for the track pack.

IMO this could prove to be a mistake if the SS 1LE is as quick as Chevy says it will be and for the bargain price they are claiming for one.

We shall see, I just don't want to see a 1LE match the performance of our GT350 for less.

It won't.
GM stated the me 1le is three seconds faster than the old one on a 2 min track which puts its about 2 seconds slower that the z28 at Milford.
Randy ran the 350 about 1.8 seconds slower than the z28 on a slightly longer track. With the same tires the 350 non r should be close to the z28 times.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My local dealer (at the time) wanted $200k over MSRP for a FGT when it came out, crazy!
Crazy at the time...certain colors are bringing that now, easily.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

conceptmachine

Established Member
Maybe domestic, but I've seen some people make some CRAZY money on the recent rare Porsche and Ferrari models.

Don't care for foreign cars much, so they aren't in my thoughts. I seen a GT3rs the other day at a cars and coffee...that kinda WOWed me. That crazy wing and the huge rears made me drool a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread