2015 reviews are out

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
But it's a sports car - the whole purpose is to make it a better car with each iteration. Ford is going to price themselves out of the market.

Makes you wonder - do I spend 45k on the mustang or do I spend 53 on a C7 and beat the mustang?

Do you want to haul 2 people or 4 people? Makes your wonder...

jacker1991

Established Member
But it's a sports car - the whole purpose is to make it a better car with each iteration. Ford is going to price themselves out of the market.

Makes you wonder - do I spend 45k on the mustang or do I spend 53 on a C7 and beat the mustang?

You could also make the argument of a buying a base GT and spending the difference in mods and beat the C7.

With that said. I don't think the Mustang/Corvette are competitors, I think that's the Camaro's job. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

rrg9946

Established Member
His impression set the stage for one of the most enjoyable mornings of Mustang driving we have shared in our years in the media. Let’s just get it out of the way, the Performance Pack GT does handle better than the 2012-2013 Boss 302. It’s true. Whether or not it is faster remains to be seen, but it wouldn’t be a surprise.

This are the sources I care about. This is an excerpt from Editor Turner's write up from his media drive.

darreng505

Established Member
His impression set the stage for one of the most enjoyable mornings of Mustang driving we have shared in our years in the media. Let’s just get it out of the way, the Performance Pack GT does handle better than the 2012-2013 Boss 302. It’s true. Whether or not it is faster remains to be seen, but it wouldn’t be a surprise.

This are the sources I care about. This is an excerpt from Editor Turner's write up from his media drive.

That opinion isn't worth much really. Numbers don't lie and the truth will be in lap times only. So when they do laguna Seca and vir then that will be worth something.

gq916

Established Member
Must be extremely dissapointing for those who ordered already.....

lol

If you think about it, these people ordered their cars without knowing any hp numbers or reviews..naive! Most of them will have a biased towards a mustang anyways. There will be a few that are disappointed after they have owned it for a few months. But I think majority of people will like it. Personally, i am disappointed due to the weight factor mostly. Love everthing else about it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Have two video reviews:

[video=youtube;lKpFSLHLmdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKpFSLHLmdM[/video]

[video=youtube;xZGrV3f6Ho4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZGrV3f6Ho4[/video]

Tbonez3858

Established Member
My expectations were obviously too high but for a different reason than Fords statements. The bowtie crew have been on a tear lately. If you look at their last series of performance cars they are not playing around. Chevy bench marks against Chevy and not a 911 or M3. That means their level down will be shooting to come close to their current top dog. The 2015 Mustang GT PP will have trouble besting a 1LE because at this point we are only hoping it best a boss. What will the next SS be benchmarked against and what will the next 1LE be benchmarked against. We dont know what the Camaro will bring but with that logic the SS should easily trump the GT PP if they beat the 1LE.

The bowtie crew have all of the right tools to make this ugly (LT1/mag shocks/alpha chassis). Its up to GM to screw this up with the lack luster stats we have at this point. Ford should have been focusing on Chevy and not a version of Mustang that would never top a 911 and a M3 that didnt exist.

I've always hated GM and Camaro in particular. How can I drop down my hard earned money on a GT if the stats and performance are lackluster? If the Camaro goes for blood and fixes its MANY issues then Ford either has to go make serious changes (screw the 2015/2016 owners) or lose this generations war. In the end we will wait until Randy Pobst hits Willow Springs or the LS times are out to get the real story.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Being a new member doesn't mean I can't comment on things especially on a 7 years old car. If that's the case you shouldn't comment on Mustang since you don't own one.
S550 is not average Joe's car anymore that's what everybody is trying to say. I paid around 27k for my car 3 years ago now it starts from 33k. Neither the improvements nor the price is good enough for average Joe to consider to buy one.

I've got more than enough experience with Mustangs, SVT, and Ford products to be commenting on all of them. My comment about the Mustang and GTR were pertaining to this site only and the reaction to it here which you were not here for. I'm pointing out how the dislike for the Mustang here is awfully similar to the dislike for the GTR. Didn't take long for those opinions to change though.

The S550 is very much an average Joe's car. I'm an average Joe and could walk into a dealer and get a GT if I wanted. A brand new SVT would probably be out of my price range at the moment. An average Joe with his shit together could easily afford one.

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
The increased price really shouldn't matter when the average person is financing 90% of the total price, if not more. That $2000 or whatever split over 60 months doesn't adjust the payment much.
The 6 piston brembos alone are worth the price increase to me. Aftermarket brakes are supercharger expensive in some cases.

Branhammer

Established Member
The writer for R&T basically started off saying "Just so you know, I hate mustangs, they suck. I used to want one, but then I drove a European car and all European cars>any mustang" then proceeded to give the car nothing but praise.
Road & Track said:
This is the best mustang ever, the best ponycar ever, a mutant with DNA from the Fox 5.0 and the BMW e46 in seemingly equal measure.
And he may have only gotten a 13.0 ET out of it, but that was with a 2.2 60'. I'm willing to bet that with more practice, he could've squeezed out a 1.9 or so and a 12.8-12.9 ET. Or am I just crazy?

Top Gear UK basically had nothing bad to say about it. I don't think that's EVER happened when they've reviewed an American car.

The more I read, the more I'm thinking about getting one. I will definitely be test-driving a couple.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The writer for R&T basically started off saying "Just so you know, I hate mustangs, they suck. I used to want one, but then I drove a European car and all European cars>any mustang" then proceeded to give the car nothing but praise.

And he may have only gotten a 13.0 ET out of it, but that was with a 2.2 60'. I'm willing to bet that with more practice, he could've squeezed out a 1.9 or so and a 12.8-12.9 ET. Or am I just crazy?

Top Gear UK basically had nothing bad to say about it. I don't think that's EVER happened when they've reviewed an American car.

The more I read, the more I'm thinking about getting one. I will definitely be test-driving a couple.

If the chassis is as tight and well tuned as the BMWs which is how they are making it sound then the car will do well. Paired with the Coyote the driving experience is going to bring this car to new levels. It's honestly what they need.

rrg9946

Established Member
That opinion isn't worth much really. Numbers don't lie and the truth will be in lap times only. So when they do laguna Seca and vir then that will be worth something.

You're right. Why would I take the proffessional opinion of someone who has more experience with mustangs than 90% of the free world. Of the years that I have read editor Turner's articles, he has yet to steer me in the wrong direction. He is very informative and revealing in his articles. There have been times where he has not given posotive comments about Mustangs that are debuting. So yes I will take his worthless opinion into account. That is not me being a "fanboy" but merely speaking from experience with his writing.

This question goes out to every member that is on this thread. How many of you realistically will not modify this car? How many of you have not modified your previous Mustangs?

For those of you who intend to or have in the past, do you really think that this is not one of the best if not the best platform to work from? I certainly do. Yes there may be models that will perform better than this car in the coming months, but right now as it stands this is the best overall platform we have had as Mustang enthusiasts. This is coming from a 2011 5.0 owner.

Branhammer

Established Member
You're right. Why would I take the proffessional opinion of someone who has more experience with mustangs than 90% of the free world. Of the years that I have read editor Turner's articles, he has yet to steer me in the wrong direction. He is very informative and revealing in his articles. There have been times where he has not given posotive comments about Mustangs that are debuting. So yes I will take his worthless opinion into account. That is not me being a "fanboy" but merely speaking from experience with his writing.

This question goes out to every member that is on this thread. How many of you realistically will not modify this car? How many of you have not modified your previous Mustangs?

For those of you who intend to or have in the past, do you really think that this is not one of the best if not the best platform to work from? I certainly do. Yes there may be models that will perform better than this car in the coming months, but right now as it stands this is the best overall platform we have had as Mustang enthusiasts. This is coming from a 2011 5.0 owner.

Honestly, I will probably keep it stock for a long time for a number of reasons. First off, if I can convince my wife to let me buy one, I highly doubt that, with the new car payment, she will let me spend MORE money on mods. She makes half of our money so she definitely has a say in it. Also, I've never had a car with a warranty, so that will play a part in modding. And most of all, going from a 96 GT to a 2015 is going to be the biggest modification I can imagine as it is.

rrg9946

Established Member
Haha. Well said. Completely understandable .......
Honestly, I will probably keep it stock for a long time for a number of reasons. First off, if I can convince my wife to let me buy one, I highly doubt that, with the new car payment, she will let me spend MORE money on mods. She makes half of our money so she definitely has a say in it. Also, I've never had a car with a warranty, so that will play a part in modding. And most of all, going from a 96 GT to a 2015 is going to be the biggest modification I can imagine as it is.

TheRican

Established Member
I don't understand what Ford is doing here. They've placed the mustang in an odd position. They want to go global but the cars already in the market globally are BETTER than the car they are putting out.

For what it's going to cost people, in both price and cost of ownership, I doubt how good it'll be a success.

darreng505

Established Member

Because cars are subjective and drivers are like snowflakes. No one is gonna rank the fastest cars because famous guy X said one feels faster. The numbers will tell us.

Users who are viewing this thread