2015 Mustang to gain 300lbs.!?!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
This article has no real factual information.

That being said, those who thought the GT was going to LOSE weight are big dumbasses. If the GT was to be lighter it would be the first thing Ford would tout in their marketing campaign! My guess is 150lbs or so heavier. Heading towards the direction of the biggest piece of shit platform ever used for a pony car, the 5th gen Camaro. :( At least it doesn't look like dog shit inside & out to boot.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Current Mustang GT is about 3600lbs. If its 300lbs more than that it would be 50lbs more than the current GT500. I am assuming Ford wants to cut weight/add performance on the SVT Mustang. I just dont see the new Mustang GT weighing above or even the same weight and the new SVT Mustang.

Prediction: 3650-3700lbs for the 15 GT base, and 3800lbs for the 15/16 SVT.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
There is really no way to know until all the bugs are worked out and its sitting on the showroom. They still are changing things and probably will be until it hits the showroom floor.

I have a feeling that the weight will be right around the weight of the 2014. Sure they added weight with the irs and size but don't forget about the aluminum they are now using for body parts

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Screams of bullshit.

And the new IRS gas already been said to be lighter than the outgoing solid rear.

Expect it to weigh in at the same as a '14 S197

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
You guys sound nervous lol. Was that a 2015 they had in their shop in that article? I'm sure they weighed it while that car was there. What does a fully loaded 2014 weigh anyway? The 3600 current weight is a base model I'm sure?

truefiveo

Established Member
I find it funny you guys crying over a Pony/Muscle car being too heavy.

You want a lightweight sleek sports car???? Then buy a FGT/Viper/Corvette/Ferrari already.

Its a bloated retro cutting edge tech/safety modern Mustang what do you expect.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
That will suck. I don't get it. They leave so much performance and fuel economy on the table by adding the weight, yet they keep making cars bigger so they have "more room." Who needs room?!

300lb fat asses like myself lol. But seriously. Im pretty damn happy with my 12, except I would like the 13-14 tail lights and blackout panel. But keep the 10-12 front end.

Plus ... I already have my dream color Grabber Blue.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
If this is true I'm

KO0vG8E.gif

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
One question for you guys that don't want to believe Steeda. What would they gain by lying? IMO they have more to lose by lying than anything to gain. The car is heavier... Ford let us down.

QuickC5Z

Established Member
Sounds like the 2016 Camaro is gonna donkey punch the new Mustang.
I wonder if Ford is using MRC type shocks on it..quite a few different manufacturers are using it now since Delphi isn't owned by GM anymore.
That sheet ads some weight, and they did say the new Mustang will lap faster than the current Boss.
Probably a stretch, but never know.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
to everyone who said the car was losing >400 lbs.

to everyone who shat on the Challenger in the Hellcat thread.

LOLOLOLOL.

saw this coming when the initial specs showed the car was the same size if not slightly larger than the outgoing model.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I am skeptical on a 300 pound weight gain, but I think it gained around 100 or so. It is disappointing, but I think it has far more to do with ever tightening safety requirements than the fact that Ford couldn't reduce weight. Although, IRS and nicer materials on the interior, more gadgets and do-dads, and slightly larger foot print don't help.

Users who are viewing this thread